Default Godzilla vs an AT-AT

The 1998 American Godzilla vs an AT-AT

Astonishing Member

Puh---leeeeaaassssseeee

Godzilla...under a minute

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

This is a slaughter for the lizard.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

And an AT-ST for dessert

I was laughing maniacally until I saw it was the 98 monster. Ugh.

It's not likely to realize the thing has projectile weapons until it's already been hit and its best weapons (speed, agility and hiding amongst buildings) aren't a thing here.

It probably gets shot and dies. Maybe. How strong are the lasers?

If this was literally any other Godzilla...
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

The lizard was killed by a simple missile attack by an F/A-18. Stars Wars weapons should kill it easily.

Astonishing Member

Ah...never seen a Godzilla Movie with the 98 Godzilla. I have to fill that blank.

That lizard isn't Godzilla, it's "Zilla".
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

If 98 Zilla is smart enough to not face the walker head on and is agile enough not to get in its firing range...Maybe?

I mean an entire fortified defense line with air support (admittedly from essentially civilian craft armed with guns) certainly did jack squat on AT-ATs during Hoth so there's definitely some measure of durability there. While the firepower of an AT-AT is...Pretty ridiculous despite how the guns are literally just on the head of the entire thing (no guns on the sides? Really?). Like shots from those will wreck just about anything, the upper limit being building sized targets.

Zilla is definitely dead upon getting shot if it does land.

I'm kind of iffy on an AT-AT killing Zilla in one shot before it dips to the side in the arena, moves out of the range of fire the head can swivel, and either gets behind the walker and slaps its knees in or jumps on top of it.

This is mostly a rate of fire issue though. If these were First Order walkers, yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

It's not likely to realize the thing has projectile weapons until it's already been hit and its best weapons (speed, agility and hiding amongst buildings) aren't a thing here.

The AT-AT only seemed to be damaging Snow Speeders with shots and only causing a very small explosion when hitting the ground next to troopers. Over all they unfortunately seem fairly unremarkable with their firepower. On maximum fire power it destroyed the rebel shield generator which was a fair sized building a bit bigger then a two story house IIRC.

So maybe at maximum fire power it could hurt Zilla, but its regular shots shouldn't do much damage.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

I'm gonna assume not as strong as the missiles Godzilla was hit with. Those were strong enough that two of them levels madison square garden.

It's also worth noting that Zilla's significantly larger than the AT-AT

Astonishing Member

The AT-ATs are a stupid design for an armored vehicle. Unless their armor is super duper, our armed forces would have little trouble with them. The F/A-18 (IIRC and might be wrong) used air to air missiles as the movie folks didn't know crap. Those aren't those powerful and killed it dead.

BTW, the Apaches had their gun in the wrong place and fought Zilla like idiots, same like Kong in the last movie.

I'm going to assume this isn't the animated 1998 Godzilla from Godzilla: The Series. Toonzilla, as he's lovingly called, is a true force to be reckoned with. Unlike his live-action predecessor, Toonzilla honored the legacy of Godzilla.

Anyway, live-action '98 Goji might be able to squeak out a win. He's fast, agile, and can burrow quickly. How powerful are the AT-AT's weapons? Are they comparable to the payload of an F-18 Hornet?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Isn’t Zilla quite a bit faster and bigger than any walker?

And was outpacing helicopters?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM