Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Steppenwolf (DCEU) vs. Kurse (MCU)

Arena.

1: H2H only.

2: With standard equipment.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

If we follow Whedon's JL (ohgawdtheinevitablewhatiscanondebates), Steppenwolf is a physical powerhouse. He overpowered Wonder Woman and Aquaman (even stopping the latter's offensive attack with one hand), and effortlessly tore Cyborg in half. Arguably, Steppenwolf's most impressive strength feat occurred in the flashback scene where we see him strike the earth with enough force it triggered a powerful shockwave, cracked open the ground, and started turning everything around him into molten slag. I'd say this feat is at the very least comparable to Infinity War Thor striking Wakandian soil with Stormbreaker.

With that said, Kurse is one of those understandably-forgotten-yet-truly-devastating-all-the-same powerhouses. Before Deadpool 2, I'd say Kurse was unofficially the best live-action Juggernaut. He effortlessly deflected Mjolnir (whereas an enraged Hulk couldn't even budge it), instantly bludgeoned Thor with his punches, and appeared unstoppable. In terms of brute strength, Kurse is easily on par with Thanos.

So in Scenario 1, I'm leaning towards Kurse.

Scenario 2 is a bit trickier (would Steppenwolf's Motherbox count as standard equipment?), but the end result is the same regardless. Kurse is in possession of Dark Elf Black Hole Grenades, which seals it.

Excellent breakdown.

I would agree that Kurse is probably around Thanos in terms of sheer physicality.

I would suggest that SW has a decent speed advantage however. Deflecting arrows casually and catching missiles and so forth.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Is there any general consensus on the speed of MCU Mjolnier? What with Kursen rather trivially smacking it away.

To compare to Stephen's missile catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Is there any general consensus on the speed of MCU Mjolnier? What with Kursen rather trivially smacking it away.

To compare to Stephen's missile catch.
    In some scenes, its breaking orbit quickly and cracking windows by flying close by. Usually these scenes are after it's been moving for a bit to pick up steam.

In other scenes with less buildup, its barely moving next to Quicksilver.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    In some scenes, its breaking orbit quickly and cracking windows by flying close by. Usually these scenes are after it's been moving for a bit to pick up steam.

Maybe it flies at arrow speeds generally but can increase speed when Thor is far away and needs it. Typically in combat it doesn't seem too fast.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

It pretty much goes as fast as it needs to for a good scene. Kind of like most things in movies. :-)
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It pretty much goes as fast as it needs to for a good scene. Kind of like most things in movies. :-)
    That is very true. =)
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

On the Rumble, Steppenwolf doesn't want any part of Kurse. I don't think SW can remotely hurt the guy, and the opposite is definitely not true, given that SW feels hits from Diana and Arthur, two characters who are significantly weaker than Kurse.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    On the Rumble, Steppenwolf doesn't want any part of Kurse. I don't think SW can remotely hurt the guy, and the opposite is definitely not true, given that SW feels hits from Diana and Arthur, two characters who are significantly weaker than Kurse.
    WW isn't that much weaker then Base MCU Thor she was able to fight doomsday took hits from Superman etc and all kurse still wins but saying SW can't hurt him at all just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    WW isn't that much weaker then Base MCU Thor she was able to fight doomsday took hits from Superman etc and all kurse still wins but saying SW can't hurt him at all just isn't true.
    Comparatively speaking, Wonder Woman was able to tackle Steppenwolf through a wall and keep up with him well enough to get him to drop his "this one is mine" statement and involve the Parademons who were there. Thor going all out only managed to turn Kurse's head and body slightly.

Steppenwolf is in trouble.

Also, for consideration, the fight with Thor starts out with Thor flying at Kurse hammer first, only for Kurse to turn around and bat him away before he could connect. Which might help his speed, slightly.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Great, so she's almost as strong as the guy who could do all of didly against Kurse except get his ass utterly handed to him

WW could hurt SW, Thor could do absolutely nothing to Kurse. Hell even getting stabbed through his chest only seemed to annoy him
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-29-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Great, so she's almost as strong as the guy who could do all of didly against Kurse except get his ass utterly handed to him

WW could hurt SW, Thor could do absolutely nothing to Kurse. Hell even getting stabbed through his chest only seemed to annoy him
    Well yea, do you know how hard bone armor is to clean?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

In Round 2, Steppenwolf has a much stronger chance if he can smack Kurse with one of the elf's own black hole grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

Again all I'm saying is SW can hurt kurse nothing else.