Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Or they could keep with the consistency that every single team book in this era is led by a female. Though i guess you can split hairs on hellions.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Do we know if we, readers, will be voting on characters to make up the x-men or not?
    I mean... obviously not. That sounds like the most ridiculous thing ever. This isn't the tacky Thunderbolts.

The setup for the X-men here feels like the call to action for the Avengers.

The art was good here; Noto's best in the current era. The lines and colors were better than in the Cable solo

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I'm sad that it seems like members of the Quiet Council are not eligible to be on the X-Men. I'd like to see more of Nightcrawler, Exodus, and Mystique.
    Assuming they remain on the QC
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-30-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So if her powers have limitations how is it omega level doesn't that go against the definition? The again Hope can only take powers of mutants which is a clear limitation but she's still "omega" IDK the word loses a lot of it's meaning nowadays.
    The way it was described (as I remember it) was that Omega mutants are the absolute best at whatever specific thing they were ranked for, which is why Lorna isn't on the list but why Magneto is: because his magnetism is the strongest. Isca would probably be seen as the strongest probability alterer (at least until Wanda becomes a mutant again).

I'm just baffled by this election from a logical standpoint. They are electing.....what, exactly? Members of their military? Cops? ANOTHER paramilitary force? They aren't an actual government body, so what exactly are they supposed be for? And given that Krakoa is tiny, they are basically letting each neighborhood pick a member, including Sinisters' bar? And it comes with the tacit acknowledgment that the government doesn't actually represent its people.

Of course, the real reason is to have a group of 'heroes' to oppose Xavier once his big plan with Moira comes to light. It gives me more evidence that this whole relaunch isn't meant to last more than another year, year and a half.

Such a lame issue. Like most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm just baffled by this election from a logical standpoint. They are electing.....what, exactly? Members of their military? Cops? ANOTHER paramilitary force? They aren't an actual government body, so what exactly are they supposed be for? And given that Krakoa is tiny, they are basically letting each neighborhood pick a member, including Sinisters' bar? And it comes with the tacit acknowledgment that the government doesn't actually represent its people.

Of course, the real reason is to have a group of 'heroes' to oppose Xavier once his big plan with Moira comes to light. It gives me more evidence that this whole relaunch isn't meant to last more than another year, year and a half.
    It's a rival government faction, the equivalent of having a House of Representatives vs a Senate. With maybe a Knights of the Round Table thrown in for good measure.

I'm not understanding the purpose of creating the x-men are they seriously about to go around saving humans and mutants a like is that what they are doing or are they just protecting mutants cause if it is the latter than it would make more sense to be more united.

There needs to be a standing krakoa army or at least a system where everyone is trained to protect krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The way it was described (as I remember it) was that Omega mutants are the absolute best at whatever specific thing they were ranked for, which is why Lorna isn't on the list but why Magneto is: because his magnetism is the strongest. Isca would probably be seen as the strongest probability alterer (at least until Wanda becomes a mutant again).
    Omega level mutants aren't the absolute best at whatever power they have. They have undefinable upper limits to their powers. That's why there are multiple reality warpers and telepaths on the list instead of just 1 of each.

Omega level mutants aren't the absolute best at whatever power they have. They have undefinable upper limits to their powers. That's why there are multiple reality warpers and telepaths on the list instead of just 1 of each.
    IIRC, every mutant had a different aspect listed that was different even from the other telepaths - Jean was the only one that was specifically listed as "telepathy", for instance.

I'm sad that it seems like members of the Quiet Council are not eligible to be on the X-Men. I'd like to see more of Nightcrawler, Exodus, and Mystique.
    I want Storm to be leading the X-men with Scott and Jean. But what does Hickman say we won't get what we want buttwhat we need?

Overall I liked this issue. The Isca stuff was great. Xavier and Magneto I enjoyed. Doug was entertaining as usual. I liked that Scott and Jean were offered seats on the Quiet Council. Scott would be a great addition but I like that Scott and Jean will have their own thing going on. Scott retains his captain commander status though.. so I do kind of wish Jean retained something.. at least her X-force membership. In a way I miss Jean being on the Council but I think the position could be limiting. I hope we have a clear purpose for the new X-men team.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    IIRC, every mutant had a different aspect listed that was different even from the other telepaths - Jean was the only one that was specifically listed as "telepathy", for instance.
    Quentin Quire was also listed as an Omega level telepath, no other aspect noted. Hickman explicitly states Omega level mutants aren't just the most powerful of their ability but those without an upper limit. Forge is specifically given as an example, where his technopathy is unmatched among mutants, but it has been surpassed in other ways.

If it was whoever was the strongest of their ability, then you'd have one Omega level mutant for every single mutant ability (and the number of abilities is pretty much infinite). For instance, you could say Eye-Boy has Omega level vision because he has more versatile eyesight than other eye-based mutants like Peepers.
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 12-30-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Agreed, but the quiet council seems to be in constant flux. With the way it seems to be going Xavier's going to end up with a council of ex-villains. Kurt, Emma and Kate were so eager to leave with Jean when given the option.

Quentin Quire was also listed as an Omega level telepath, no other aspect noted. Hickman explicitly states Omega level mutants aren't just the most powerful of their ability. Forge is specifically given as an example, where his technopathy is unmatched among mutants, but it has been surpassed in other ways.

If it was whoever was the strongest of their ability, then you'd have one Omega level mutant for every single mutant ability (and the number of abilities is pretty much infinite). Then you could say Eye-Boy has Omega level vision because he has more versatile eyesight than other eye-based mutants like Peepers.
    Eyeboy is a good example bc there are cameras which easily surpass his powers, thus ruling him out from being an omega

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Such a lame issue. Like most of them.
    If you hate it so much, then why do you bother?