Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    which is fine but the point that he was trying to make is that there was no distinction made. I personally would have had Quentin as omega for TP and Jean be it for both TP/TK, the rare case where the fusion of two powers excels said mutant the sum of their individual parts. Jean using her TP to amplify her TK has precedence with teen Jean and pushes it to unmeasurable limits
    I get you, it would be an easy distinction if Exodus wasn't the one taking the telekinesis crown. I am at pains to distinguish the difference between Kid Omega's and Jean's 'omeganess'

I don't think Kid Omega and Jean have such different powersets, they just both have the same potential that is not measurable.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, but for example: Vulcan is an energy manipulator and can absorb magical or psionic energy. Those are things that a matter manipulator cannot do. Franklin and Monarch can create dimensions, which is something you cannot do with the matter manipulator.

But i'ts true that high-End matter manipulation like Molecule Man is practically indistinguishable from reality warping, (Galactus himself has admitted that Molecule Man could kill him with a thought) but it doesn't seem like Mister M is on the level of Molecule Man.
    I have no problem with Vulcan/Proteus/Jamie twisting certain quantum/psionic/quantum laws to their whim.I guess we may all reach certain blurred lines where one power passes the buck to another.I am no phycisist but I think since many forces interact in reality ,it is possible they can all bend several laws but each is better at the medium that is their canvass so to speak. At this point it's like comparing a photograph, pencil drawing,brush painting and sculpture of Abraham Lincoln.

Incredible Member

Found this to be an excellent issue, especially since it was all dialogue and no physical fighting. Mystique's two word answer to Doug's comment about having a wife felt more foreboding than if they had showed a random Arrakoan mutant manhandling Magneto and Prof X as a show of strength.

Hickman really is surrounding the nation of Krakoa with so many landmines to navigate - Orchis, Children of Tomorrow, Mystique, the general challenges of nation-building, and now, a rival Arrako nation that has more aggression and more numbers than Krakoa.

Will be interesting to see if it all comes crashing down at the same time or if it'll just continue to be an endless struggle for Krakoa.

I enjoyed this issue. It showed an evolution of sorts for the X-Men in the era of Krakoa. There's still a need for them. Scott and Jean see that. The fact they turned down seats on the Quiet Council is very telling. It hints that they see a potential for conflict down the line and they need to be ready. It'll be interesting to see who joins their ranks. Overall, 2021 is shaping up to be very intriguing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Found this to be an excellent issue, especially since it was all dialogue and no physical fighting. Mystique's two word answer to Doug's comment about having a wife felt more foreboding than if they had showed a random Arrakoan mutant manhandling Magneto and Prof X as a show of strength.

Hickman really is surrounding the nation of Krakoa with so many landmines to navigate - Orchis, Children of Tomorrow, Mystique, the general challenges of nation-building, and now, a rival Arrako nation that has more aggression and more numbers than Krakoa.

Will be interesting to see if it all comes crashing down at the same time or if it'll just continue to be an endless struggle for Krakoa.
    I've always wondered how is it that no one wonders why Mystique's better half is not being resurrected.Like perhaps no one on the council aside from X and Magnus knows what she wants but then again you have Kurt her son, not even interacting with who she'd like to see resurrected, you have telepaths on there who are also not picking up on her disquiet, it's strange. Interesting though that we have a precog Idyll on the Arraki side, so if he ever reveals visions to any Krakoan, Xavier's machinations are precarious unless he stars to resurrect everyone like omega red after they talk to Idyll.
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-31-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I've always wondered how is it that no one wonders why Mystique's better half is not being resurrected.Like perhaps no one on the council aside from X and Magnus knows what she wants but then again you have Kurt her son, not even interacting with who she'd like to see resurrected, you have telepaths on there who are also not picking up on her disquiet, it's strange
    Why would they wonder? There's literally millions of people to be resurrected, and normally a 200 year old woman that has died many years ago wouldn't be anyone's first priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Why would they wonder? There's literally millions of people to be resurrected, and normally a 200 year old woman that has died many years ago wouldn't be anyone's first priority.
    Yeah, the biggest question is probably more why Rogue is not involved in this plot, and why hasn't Mystique tried aiming her at Xavier instead in an attempt to resurrect Destiny.
    Rogue and Pyro both have big ties to her and would probably want her back just as much as Raven.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree Arrako will probably become a problem for Krakoa given their ways but they can also learn from each other, Arrako can teach them a thing or two about nation building and community imo Krakoa still has too many which side are you elements while Arrako had to develop an actual community out of self defense and Krakoa can help them get used to the modern world, because while itīs true most humans are only men they actually have developed ways to give mutants a run for their money and Arrako needs to be aware of this before getting into fights with them.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I know but Mystique is always ruminating on how to get her back or set the whole place on fire no doubt so for fellow council members not to get a hint is doubtful, maybe they don't read each others minds because there are several of them on there like some unspoken truce but I just find it strange, a guy like Sinister would already be working an angle with her. Anyway Idyll the other side of the island is a precog(unlikely he is the only one) so Xavier has to tread lightly, word can get around

This was a great read.... I love how they left us tih many speculations for next year:

- who will fill the two slots for the quite council?
    - who will Krakoa vote as their X-Men?
    - how will the tension be between the two islands?
    - how do the mutants from the great ring of arakko look like?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulagirl1 View Post
    Yeah, the biggest question is probably more why Rogue is not involved in this plot, and why hasn't Mystique tried aiming her at Xavier instead in an attempt to resurrect Destiny.
    Rogue and Pyro both have big ties to her and would probably want her back just as much as Raven.
    Rogue considered Destiny her mother, this should be a bigger problem for her

Early guesses for the X-Men team based on who I think Hickman would like:
    Scott
    Jean
    Toad
    Surge
    Christian Frost
    a Sinister clone
    Isca

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Rogue considered Destiny her mother, this should be a bigger problem for her
    Exactly. Rogue loved Destiny immensely, and vice versa (their farewells in X-Men Legacy always make me want to cry when I think back about it). She should be worried (much more than she worries about Betsy)

So did Isca take over Genesis' seat in the Ring? It's odd that she's not mentioned, when she was clearly the leader.