Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The captains act as regional governors. The Quiet Council controlling the government at the highest levels make them federal by design, they are the last word on anything with the law. WE may know the states in detail but its heavily implied and they has nothing to do with them not being federal. When the Quiet Council said "kill no humans" it applied to everyone, that's how strong their legal domain is. Sabretooth was an example of someone who broke that law. It's not a free for all in Krakao.
    But what regions are you talking about. Krakoa has habitats but it is still one nation one state one country as of now. So i really don't understand what your talking about.

Like when Queen elizabeth made declarations and laws and i'm talking like back when they had real power she made it for all of Britian, and she ususally had a council. So the system in Krakoa is closer to a monarchy in the sense of a group of people making choices for all but i'm not seeing the whole federal connection.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The captains act as regional governors. The Quiet Council controlling the government at the highest levels make them federal by design, they are the last word on anything with the law. WE may know the states in detail but its heavily implied and they has nothing to do with them not being federal. When the Quiet Council said "kill no humans" it applied to everyone, that's how strong their legal domain is. Sabretooth was an example of someone who broke that law. It's not a free for all in Krakao.
    Nothing on the pages of what is actually in the books on the stands points to anything like this being the case.

If anything?

We know for certain that The Gorgon had a specific role that had nothing to do with any sort of "Regional Governor..." nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So basically Arrako are the real life black panthers of mutants. Thinking about it like this marvel bout to have a good time. And they mostly african.
    Is everyone in Wakanda is military trained though? Maybe mutant Sparta.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I am probably not the only one thinking this but i will say it anyway, i wonder how woke this potential team will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I am probably not the only one thinking this but i will say it anyway, i wonder how woke this potential team will be.
    well time for me to go to bed after my posting spree today Hulkout going to make me hulkout and have a stroke talking about how woke this team should be chosen by mutant refugees who have finally found a safe haven from the horrors of being hunted like cattle just for being born different.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

But what regions are you talking about. Krakoa has habitats but it is still one nation one state one country as of now. So i really don't understand what your talking about.
    IIRC Magik's gotten chewed out by Cyclops when things went bad in her habitat since she's a captain over it. What are have trouble with my description above? The habitats may as well be defacto states.

Like when Queen elizabeth made declarations and laws and i'm talking like back when they had real power she made it for all of Britian, and she ususally had a council. So the system in Krakoa is closer to a monarchy in the sense of a group of people making choices for all but i'm not seeing the whole federal connection.
    The Council is more like the American congress, everyone has a vote and a say in how it should be worded. If it was an absolute monarchy Xavier would just declare a law and nobody would be able to have a say.

It's X-men, if a super-hero franchise were to be woke it would be this. It's like Star Trek.

I really enjoyed this issue. I’m curious if Omega level means the same thing in Arrako as it does in Krakoa. After all Krakoa did fair much better in the actual fights during X of Swords. I like the idea of the X-Men being elected, it could make for some unique line ups and so far I’ve enjoyed everything Hickman has done so he’s earned my trust to make any team interesting. I also really want to see how the world at large will react to Arrako showing up. Such a gold mine for new characters both good and bad and anything in between.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Wouldn't that be during the reign of Elizabeth the First, who was not queen of Britian but merely England and Ireland, since the current Elizabeth the Second, who is the queen of Great Britian (United Kingdom), has always been a monarch under a constitutional system?

However even during the reign of Elizabeth the First she did not have absolute political power, as that was essentialy split between the various feudal lords who ruled and governed their respective parts of the country, with the king/queen essentialy being allowed to rule because they put their political, military and economic power under their command. Hence why a law not supported by enough of the lords could very well end up being dropped in order to prevent rebellion or civil war.

Though that's generaly how all systems of rule work. People are willing to let another person decide for them, giving said person more power than they would individualy have. Power which can then convince or force another person empowered by enough other people, to accept them leading aswell. All power of rule ultimately comes from the people. What ever it's a democracy or dictatorship. Someone has to willingly or by force give up their own power to someone else, in order for them to rule.

In the real world, there is no super natural power which allows one person to be ruler over other people just because they have a title. Without people accepting a king's rule, the crown on their head is just a fancy piece of metal

The Council is more like the American congress, everyone has a vote and a say in how it should be worded. If it was an absolute monarchy Xavier would just declare a law and nobody would be able to have a say.
    The Council is simply an oligarchy, a rule of a small selection of people over a majority. Their powers comes from enough people being willing to enforce or accept their rule over them.

Everything beyond that seems to be an anarchic "do as you want as long as you don't break the laws we enforce" deal with little in the sense of organization. Not that there is much to organize internal, as most of all labor, production and maintance is done by the magic island, freeing everyone of the needs and responcibility real people would have.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-30-2020 at 10:08 PM.

well time for me to go to bed after my posting spree today Hulkout going to make me hulkout and have a stroke talking about how woke this team should be chosen by mutant refugees who have finally found a safe haven from the horrors of being hunted like cattle just for being born different.
    That's what i like about this fan base, they always have something fun and riveting to say to people just expressing an opinion.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I do think Cyclops should step down from Captain Commander, let Bishop step up. The X-Men should be separate from Krakoas Government. Hopefully they're not chosen like the X Factor
    This is silly. Bishop has duties outside of being a captain so why can't Scott? The X-Men are separate from the government. Did you even read the book?
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

I mentioned before, they seem to be perfect to get used as cannon fodder down the line to show someone as very powerfull and dangerous.

Doesn't help that being disconnected from modern day earth and it's human societies and with an overly narrowly designed culture, they wouldn't be able to stand out as anything but another alien (in nature) villain group.

It would be different if they were the main characters of a seperated story/universe, but being essentialy new disconnected mutants from another world, they are basicly just Gene Nation and The Neo on a grander scale and we all know what happend to these groups.
    If they are planning to destroy the potential opportunity of actually using Apocalypse but not some weakling AGAIN then sureee let them do it. At least in b4 Hickman the Horsemen and Apocalypse used their mutant powers against X-Men instead of some typical sword fighting.

Even the non mutant superheroes are EVEN more than capable enough to do those things. They have better sword fighters and far MORE sword fighters.
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-30-2020 at 11:34 PM.

BANNED

Don't worry. The main focus of the comic will be Cyclops and he's a straight, white male with a classic Lois Lane/Mary Jane figure for his love interest. You'll be fine.

Krakoa's population is about 200,000 according to Reed's estimates, so 20x is 4 million thousand year old mutants, with presumably at least 260 Omegas(if they occur as frequently as in Krakoa; given the pressures of Arrako's environment, one might think there would be even more...).

It would be a shame to introduce such a concept only to 'Genosha' them at some point for dramatic effect, but that's realistically all Hickman can do. Millions of ancient mutants is it's own franchise of potential. I wonder if he's flying a little too close to the sun with this one.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Krakoa's population is about 200,000 according to Reed's estimates, so 20x is 4 million thousand year old mutants, with presumably at least 260 Omegas(if they occur as frequently as in Krakoa; given the pressures of Arrako's environment, one might think there would be even more...).

It would be a shame to introduce such a concept only to 'Genosha' them at some point for dramatic effect, but that's realistically all Hickman can do. Millions of ancient mutants is it's own franchise of potential. I wonder if he's flying a little too close to the sun with this one.
    Yeah thats not how that works. You cant just take the current number of Krakoa omegas and multiply it by 20. The definition is still the same in that an omega is a mutant that has undefinable upper limit in their power class. Whether there are 200k or 200 million, the number will always be limited bc only 1 mutant (in rare cases 2) will ever be considered an omega for a specific power and we know that most powers arent even eligible to be considered omega bc there are measurable limits or they are exceeded by other powered beings and tech. Its quite possible that with the addition of the Arakko mutants that mutants that were once considered omega may lose that classification on either side

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Don't worry. The main focus of the comic will be Cyclops and he's a straight, white male with a classic Lois Lane/Mary Jane figure for his love interest. You'll be fine.
    You know what is funny about your comment to me? That it is probably working under the assumption that i myself am white.