Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    so does this imply that omega mutants live a LONG time or does this imply that on general mutants tend to live 1000s of years but all these extinction events are what keep doing them in from getting to age.
    IDK Franklin "before the retcon" was supposedly immortal, & Bobby lived to be a couple centuries old in the "Battle of the atom" timeline who knows guess it depends on the powers.

BTW wasn't the whole point of Hickman's omega list to limit the number of omega levels and give it real meaning isn't it counterproductive if he's just gonna use his OC's to fill the void? Kind of makes the meaning of the title cheap again IMO.
    Last edited by Journey; 12-30-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You forgot to point out the possible selection of the X-men comes from the factions/areas on Krakoa

X-men

Jean
    Scott

-House of M
    -Akadmos Habitat
    -Hellfire
    -Bar Sinister
    -Arkaki Pillar

Of course this doesn't mean one member has to come from each area but it is a likely thing that we are getting one from each area. So this team should look a lot different the standard X-men team. A New Mutant and Hellion(current book) is going to be main X-men team as an example.Hopefully this system carries over into the future and the X-men are selected one from each major team.

Also no way they are letting us vote on this X-men fans are trolls. The team would end up Maggot, Ernst , Beak, Shark Girl, Snot,etc. That said I would love if they did shonen jump like vote for popularity in the franchise.
    Is there a list of everyone’s affiliations... but I guess the real question. How long till there is a thread for this, given it would be a spoiler thread? This meat of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    BTW wasn't the whole point of Hickman's omega list to limit the number of omega levels and give it real meaning isn't it counterproductive if he's just gonna use is OC's to fill the void? Kind of makes the meaning of the title cheap again IMO.
    He's probably going somewhere with it, I doubt he's just introducing them to fulfill some omega quota.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    This sort of system still seems like it would be geared towards choosing the most well-known and famous mutants. In theory Fauna could be elected, but in practice very few people on Krakoa would have even heard of him. On the other hand people who were prominent Avengers at one point or another like Beast would get a ton of votes simply on name recognition.

Also, if the new X-Men are supposed to be a combat unit, then an election may not produce a balanced team that works well together. There's a reason only the president is elected and not his entire cabinet.
    Lol if i'm voting on a team of mutants that fight for the people of Krakoa the last person i'm going with is a fauna or a mystique, i'm going to vote for the most powerful badasses i can get on the list. I'm asking storm to step down, I'm going to beg exodus to step down if i'm one of those kids and ask him to join, i'm asking for magneto to step down. Like i would be that person in every council head that is an omega like "listen, um have you had any thought of maybe stepping down so we can vote for you... lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

IDK Franklin "before the retcon" was supposedly immortal, & Bobby lived to be a couple centuries old in the "Battle of the atom" timeline who knows guess it depends on the powers.
    Yeah Storm as well was alive in the 12 in the future in an elemental form.

It really is the litle things to, being that most the mutants were from Africa i suppose i loved Storm saying "it was a shame they didn't meet their brothers and sisters." Also i think they need to do a council member or two exchange eventually between Krakoa and Arrako though it the Krakoan choices are very limited with only 13 omegas.

But as mentioned before i love the whole idea that that will take time, it feels more real. Though i wonder if you die on Arrako now would it still create the best version of you hardened now that it is in the same dimension as Krakoa again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BTW wasn't the whole point of Hickman's omega list to limit the number of omega levels and give it real meaning isn't it counterproductive if he's just gonna use his OC's to fill the void? Kind of makes the meaning of the title cheap again IMO.
    Not really. I thought the point was to show out of all the mutants who we knew existed the only ones who were omega's were the ones on the list. Cleaned up things pretty nicely imo, i was getting tired of omega level mind reader or omega level runner, it was like whats next omega level farts.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

sure but that was before we had 4 million mutants, it wouldn't make sense that in such a large population there wouldn't be any more omegas

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You forgot to point out the possible selection of the X-men comes from the factions/areas on Krakoa

X-men

Jean
    Scott

-House of M
    -Akadmos Habitat
    -Hellfire
    -Bar Sinister
    -Arkaki Pillar

Of course this doesn't mean one member has to come from each area but it is a likely thing that we are getting one from each area. So this team should look a lot different the standard X-men team. A New Mutant and Hellion(current book) is going to be main X-men team as an example.Hopefully this system carries over into the future and the X-men are selected one from each major team.

Also no way they are letting us vote on this X-men fans are trolls. The team would end up Maggot, Ernst , Beak, Shark Girl, Snot,etc. That said I would love if they did shonen jump like vote for popularity in the franchise.
    I really didn't read this that way at all. I don't think there's any indication we're getting anything like a one-per-area model. I think the point of that list was to show Quiet Council members are ineligible but everyone else is.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I really didn't read this that way at all. I don't think there's any indication we're getting anything like a one-per-area model. I think the point of that list was to show Quiet Council members are ineligible but everyone else is.
    This is how i read it too.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

X-Men should be Wolverine, Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Moonstar, Sinister, Selene, Exodus, and Magneto

Amazing Member

Calling it now. Orchis is gonna kill Arrako. New cannon fodder added for shock value.

Agreed. In the end Arrako is cannon fodder. Aggressive mutants that are battle hardened and ready for war is NOT something humans will tolerate. Just curious to see how they will do it. Arrako has a lot of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    X-Men should be Wolverine, Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Moonstar, Sinister, Selene, Exodus, and Magneto
    I'd go Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine (laura or logan but i'd go laura now sine logan has a book and i thought about it.) Moonstar, Lorna, Bishop, Nightcrawler, Trinary

Imagine what that mutant circuit could do.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Agreed. In the end Arrako is cannon fodder. Aggressive mutants that are battle hardened and ready for war is NOT something humans will tolerate. Just curious to see how they will do it. Arrako has a lot of mutants.
    So basically Arrako are the real life black panthers of mutants. Thinking about it like this marvel bout to have a good time. And they mostly african.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.