Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Arrow X-Men 16 *spoilers*

I really enjoyed this issue, the world building is incredible. Arrakoa is a very clever way to bring in new powerful mutants/threats.

Highlights
    - Arrakoa has changed and doesn't wish to merge with Krakkoa, they have fallen out of love
    - Exodus and Kurt are big softies and the only people that care that Doug has a wife
    - Isca made me lulz she boots Xavier and Magneto back to their pastures
    - Arrakoa did not send their strongest to the X of Swords competition. Most of them are Omega Level mutants who sit on their own council and who are thousands of years old
    - Xavier offers the seats to Jean and Scott who turn it down and say they want Krakkoa to vote for a new team of mutants.
    - Emma is going to facilitate the reveal at the Hellfire Gala the QC members aren't eligible

This was great but I have 2 questions. Are they going to let fans vote on the members if so Pixie , Mastermind and Ruby would be the ultimate troll team for Scott and Jean

And surely Selene knows the Arrakoa council she's older then them?

Just going by the Arrakoas Goverment Data page, they don't list powers but they list names. I wonder if Logos is an omega level precog
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-30-2020 at 05:23 AM.

You forgot to point out the possible selection of the X-men comes from the factions/areas on Krakoa

X-men

Jean
    Scott

-House of M
    -Akadmos Habitat
    -Hellfire
    -Bar Sinister
    -Arkaki Pillar

Of course this doesn't mean one member has to come from each area but it is a likely thing that we are getting one from each area. So this team should look a lot different the standard X-men team. A New Mutant and Hellion(current book) is going to be main X-men team as an example.Hopefully this system carries over into the future and the X-men are selected one from each major team.

Also no way they are letting us vote on this X-men fans are trolls. The team would end up Maggot, Ernst , Beak, Shark Girl, Snot,etc. That said I would love if they did shonen jump like vote for popularity in the franchise.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-30-2020 at 05:36 AM.

If they let X-fans vote on a team of x-men i better get my "X-men so white..." banners together now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If they let X-fans vote on a team of x-men i better get my "X-men so white..." banners together now.
    LMAO I can not tell you how loud I laughed reading this comment because my god it's true

BANNED

see x-men always win for karma is a mutant!!
    we lost an anoying prubescent omega twerp no one likes, won genesis, isca, tarn and many more to the list <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    see x-men always win for karma is a mutant!!
    we lost an anoying prubescent omega twerp no one likes, won genesis, isca, tarn and many more to the list <3
    so does this imply that omega mutants live a LONG time or does this imply that on general mutants tend to live 1000s of years but all these extinction events are what keep doing them in from getting to age.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    - Arrakoa did not send their strongest to the X of Swords competition. Most of them are Omega Level mutants who sit on their own council and who are thousands of years old
    Sounds like they are allready fated to be fodder for some future villains to kill or subdue them all to showcase how powerfull they are, "raise the stakes" and make the reader wonder "oh how can the X-men beat those odds?".

- Xavier offers the seats to Jean and Scott who turn it down and say they want Krakkoa to vote for a new team of mutants.
    Big question here. "Just as planned." by Xavier or a hickup in his grand plan?

- Emma is going to facilitate the reveal at the Hellfire Gala the QC members aren't eligible.
    So it won't just be one or more issues of Emma and other fancily dressed people snarking around how rich and powerfull they are? Interesting.

I wonder if Marrow still has her Hellfire club membership from the end of the last Uncanny arc?

Are they going to let fans vote on the members if so Pixie , Mastermind and Ruby would be the ultimate troll team for Scott and Jean
    I think it's more about making a big deal out of these X-men being the chosen champions of "the people" as opposed to the Quite Council who are just a collection of compromises and nepotism.

Though that also means that the members chosen should be powerfull enough to make sense as "the champions" and also showcase being popular enough heros among the mutant population. So weak powered characters or complete unknowns or C-listers would look odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You forgot to point out the possible selection of the X-men comes from the factions/areas on Krakoa

X-men

Jean
    Scott

-House of M
    -Akadmos Habitat
    -Hellfire
    -Bar Sinister
    -Arkaki Pillar

Of course this doesn't mean one member has to come from each area but it is a likely thing that we are getting one from each area. So this team should look a lot different the standard X-men team. A New Mutant and Hellion(current book) is going to be main X-men team as an example.Hopefully this system carries over into the future and the X-men are selected one from each major team.

Also no way they are letting us vote on this X-men fans are trolls. The team would end up Maggot, Ernst , Beak, Shark Girl, Snot,etc. That said I would love if they did shonen jump like vote for popularity in the franchise.
    I think House of M confirms Polaris as a green haired girl at right.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think House of M confirms Polaris as a green haired girl at right.

Are those silhouettes not the SWORD team.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

X-men

Jean
    Scott

-House of M
    -Akadmos Habitat
    -Hellfire
    -Bar Sinister
    -Arkaki Pillar
    So a tribute from each district will be... elected?
    What’s next? A strong female lead who wears a cloak of fire?

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    No not from each district. They are eligible to be nominated but doesn't guarantee them a spot. Thats why I believe the whole of Krakoa could vote for whoever they want otherwise its not truly a peoples decision

When will people stop plundering the Hunger Games for ideas? :trollface

They are going to let people vote but only for minions.
    Cyke and Jean can only be leads. No other option is a possibility.

Iscan laid it down, i knew she was an omega. lol. I have to say that sounds like an impressive council and it also seems i was right that it's a good thing redroot is off the table for now because the only thing Arrako needs from Krakoa right now is Doug. This was gooood.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Oh and it seemed people left out. It is stated that Quiet Council members can not be voted on to be X-men by the people.

And while we are at it can we just get this whole story in an xmen legend style game made by the people who did the switch version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. I'm ready.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-30-2020 at 06:17 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.