Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    By that standard the avengers are working for the government and can not be real heroes. So in the end whats the point. The avengers act in the best interest of America, not mutants not russians, not the rest of the world they are just saved as a byproduct. It's all the same so i really don't get the confusion at all.
    Avengers aren't part of the government

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They used to be, though. That was even the reason why they couldn't get involved in mutant affairs in the eighties.

So they were enforcing the super human registration law for shiz and giggles. Well okay. Then still i don't see what's so confusing about Krakoa have a team of mutant heros when the humans have like 85 super hero teams just representing them and there seems to be no conflict.

They are more government than the X-men would be since the X-men are actually being chosen by the people of Krakoa. In the case of the Main Marvel U self imposed super hero vigilantes are running around choosing to save people and call themselves heroes because they feel they know best.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-30-2020 at 08:08 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I am really enjoying Isca interaction with Magneto and Charles, not every day Magneto is called a child, peaceful or a dreamer but from Iscaīs perspective they really are that, they are way younger than her XD its seems they lost Apocalypse but got back an island full of mutants who follow his ideology lol

I donīt know how to feel about the X-men getting chose by election but who knows maybe Hickman will surprise us with the people elected and I like the idea they will be apart from the QC it will give them room to take individual action without the permission from the Council, just like S.W.O.R.D.

That leaves:

X-force as Krakoaīs CIA

Marauders as Krakoaīs team trade/ HC

Hellions as QC personal team

X-factor as Krakoaīs FBI.

With

S.W.O.R.D as an association body who speaks for all of Sol

The X-men as their own body who speaks for Krakoaīs population.

Itīs looking good

About the QC seats I would like to see Banshee and maybe Rogue or Gambit to take those places.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-30-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

LOL...yes they are. I dont read the current books so dont know what the current status quo is but traditionally they have been for good chunks of their existence

Last edited by Havok83; 12-30-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...yes they are. I dont read the current books so dont know what the current status quo is but traditionally they have been for good chunks of their existence

That I know, they were. They haven't been a part of the government for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Goodness grascious! To see Iron man taking orders from such a cold hearted mutant killing psychopath like gyrich and him actually choosing each member. I'm.. I'm.. just so confused. These are the heroes of marvel...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bulagirl1 View Post
    I'm not quite sure you know what federal means
    Do you? What do you think they were doing when they were making laws?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Do you? What do you think they were doing when they were making laws?
    I think what they meant was federal would imply multiple states under one federal banner but in this case Krakoa is a single nation that has no states underneath so its not really federal based. Despite the making of laws. Monarchs made laws, councils made laws, mayors, all kinds of people make laws that are local.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I just want a Marvel Vs. Capcom style video game Xmen: Arrako vs. krakoa and i'm good.
    To make it more comic-accurate, the X of Swords chapters really should be a Marvel vs. Capcom game mixed with a Mario Party game.

Astonishing Member

By that standard the avengers are working for the government and can not be real heroes. So in the end whats the point. The avengers act in the best interest of America, not mutants not russians, not the rest of the world they are just saved as a byproduct. It's all the same so i really don't get the confusion at all.
    For a long period the Avengers were sanctioned by the United Nations and had clearance with SHIELD, now their backers are the Wakandan government. They protect everyone.

I just want a Marvel Vs. Capcom style video game Xmen: Arrako vs. krakoa and i'm good.

Astonishing Member

I think what they meant was federal would imply multiple states under one federal banner but in this case Krakoa is a single nation that has no states underneath so its not really federal based. Despite the making of laws. Monarchs made laws, councils made laws, mayors, all kinds of people make laws that are local.
    The captains act as regional governors. The Quiet Council controlling the government at the highest levels make them federal by design, they are the last word on anything with the law. WE may know the states in detail but its heavily implied and they has nothing to do with them not being federal. When the Quiet Council said "kill no humans" it applied to everyone, that's how strong their legal domain is. Sabretooth was an example of someone who broke that law. It's not a free for all in Krakao.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    To make it more comic-accurate, the X of Swords chapters really should be a Marvel vs. Capcom game mixed with a Mario Party game.
    Please take my money cause i would so buy this. lol I want them to redo all the Xmen legend games on Switch and i would love them to adapt this story into a new series too. Man that would be good. Imagine playing this in a fighting game/ party style, and then if you want to get real they do it Marvel Ultimate alliance 3 style too. Where you progress through Hickman and co. run.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The captains act as regional governors. The Quiet Council controlling the government at the highest levels make them federal by design, they are the last word on anything with the law. WE may know the states in detail but its heavily implied and they has nothing to do with them not being federal. When the Quiet Council said "kill no humans" it applied to everyone, that's how strong their legal domain is. Sabretooth was an example of someone who broke that law. It's not a free for all in Krakao.
    They dont. The Captains have no political power. They simply exist to lead in battle during times of war. Notice how Scott had to defer to the QC to even get troops to take to Otherworld. There is no breakdown over whom they lead over. So far Scott and Magik are the only ones we've seen act in that capacity and the only insight we got to them is that Scott's word trumps hers