Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Ok wait a second who lives on House of M except for Magneto and maybe Polaris? Is this saying that Wiccan and Speed live there and they get a vote?

Also because for some reason i can't seem to edit the previous comment to this one i would like to apologize to the person who made this thread for getting of topic for something i worry will happen in this book that is happening in other comics i have read from other companies.

So in order to rectify that i will say that in keeping with this issue being discussed i would like to say that nothing good will come from the having the mutants who have a council made of omega levels who are nurtured on the strong shall inherit the earth philosophy and frankly this will not do the X-men any favors when one of them decides to venture outside of the island and hurt some innocent bystander.

Heck for all we know that is where this is going and triggers some form of conflict with the rest of the world and the other resident hero teams and boom! AvX is here to ruin our fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Ok wait a second who lives on House of M except for Magneto and maybe Polaris? Is this saying that Wiccan and Speed live there and they get a vote?
    No, because since Wanda is not a mutant why would they be? It wouldn't make any sense for them to be acknowledged as mutants and not her.

Also wouldn't they just look at Wiccan as a potential threat? I mean that was what Children's Crusade basically came down to right? He did something like Wanda on a smaller scale and people freaked out about it?

And honestly, if it comes down to the vote it will be Summers and Grey leading a team that is a mix of bad mutants and good mutants and one will probably be killed in the first mission as the expendable one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    You know what is funny about your comment to me? That it is probably working under the assumption that i myself am white.
    "Too woke" means not white and male and straight enough, right? I don't find anything funny about your comment and I don't care what race you are.

Frankly, the minority metaphor X-franchise should have more representation of the marginalized groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    No, because since Wanda is not a mutant why would they be? It wouldn't make any sense for them to be acknowledged as mutants and not her.

Also wouldn't they just look at Wiccan as a potential threat? I mean that was what Children's Crusade basically came down to right? He did something like Wanda on a smaller scale and people freaked out about it?

And honestly, if it comes down to the vote it will be Summers and Grey leading a team that is a mix of bad mutants and good mutants and one will probably be killed in the first mission as the expendable one.
    Huh? Your parents don't have to be mutants in order for you to be a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah thats not how that works. You cant just take the current number of Krakoa omegas and multiply it by 20. The definition is still the same in that an omega is a mutant that has undefinable upper limit in their power class. Whether there are 200k or 200 million, the number will always be limited bc only 1 mutant (in rare cases 2) will ever be considered an omega for a specific power and we know that most powers arent even eligible to be considered omega bc there are measurable limits or they are exceeded by other powered beings and tech. Its quite possible that with the addition of the Arakko mutants that mutants that were once considered omega may lose that classification on either side
    All 9 of their current rulers are Omegas, and the composition of their leaders has always been purely Omegas, for thousands of years. Even if only a small number have occupied those seats for most of that time, it still suggests a large pool of Omegas to pick from. Given the ways powers are specified in Hickman's original list (reality warping: psionic; quantum; universal; etc), it wouldn't be that hard to split hairs enough to account for dozens or hundreds of different power categories.

In any case, even if there are only a small handful of new Omegas, such power applied to the Marvel earth by wise, violent, ancient mutants is astonishing, never mind 4 million hard core 'regular mutants' who have survived millennia of warring against demons. It's kinda impossible to reconcile such an influx into the established status quo, hence my allusion to Icarus.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    All 9 of their current rulers are Omegas, and the composition of their leaders has always been purely Omegas, for thousands of years. Even if only a small number have occupied those seats for most of that time, it still suggests a large pool of Omegas to pick from. Given the ways powers are specified in Hickman's original list (reality warping: psionic; quantum; universal; etc), it wouldn't be that hard to split hairs enough to account for dozens or hundreds of different power categories.

In any case, even if there are only a small handful of new Omegas, such power applied to the Marvel earth by wise, violent, ancient mutants is astonishing, never mind 4 million hard core 'regular mutants' who have survived millennia of warring against demons. It's kinda impossible to reconcile such an influx into the established status quo, hence my allusion to Icarus.

There were 16 million mutants on Genosha. I'm sure there will be a faction that will no doubt fight the humans but all 4 million of them don't need to be destroyed to maintain balance

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    By that standard the avengers are working for the government and can not be real heroes. So in the end whats the point. The avengers act in the best interest of America, not mutants not russians, not the rest of the world they are just saved as a byproduct. It's all the same so i really don't get the confusion at all.
    They haven't worked for the US government for years. This was even an entire story arc about the government trying to control them and how it was a terrible idea. That's where that panel posted earlier comes from. It ends with them saying they won't be controlled by any one government because it creates these exact kinds of problems. That happened in the 80s, and they've never been employed by a government since. And using the registration act as proof is extra weird, because half of them literally fought against it. The ones that did help didn't do it because they were ordered too, they did it because they thought it was the right thing to do. And now they are specifically not working for the US. This team the X-men are setting up is literally elected by a nation!

That's a good point about the House of M vote/representative/whatever. Who actually lives in these places? Do the Hellions actually live in Bar Sinister?
    Last edited by pkingdom; 12-31-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Huh? Your parents don't have to be mutants in order for you to be a mutant.
    That is very true but you would have to take into account who their mother is and how they view her as a fake and possibly a threat.

Wiccan and his husband Hulkling explicitly dislike Krakoa and live in space right now, precisely because they're treating Wanda like Satan.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Wiccan and his husband Hulkling explicitly dislike Krakoa and live in space right now, precisely because they're treating Wanda like Satan.
    Could it be the Acolytes who live in and around House of M?

Spectacular Member

really liked the imagery of how Isca's got a sword whilst Xavier is holding a flower, really shows that while the X-men right now seem like they have gone "nazi" as some people would say, they are still soft at heart by the end. if they really are as bad as some people say, the mutants would have already tried to take over earth and kill off every human. the Arakko situation I see is to show how Krakoa could develop into and serve as foil to them. people already going for the whole it will be nuked but I see there's probably gonna be some clashes between the two and who knows maybe their numbers get dwindled before a couple join up with the X-men and Arakko and Krakoa merge back together.

also don't forget that being an omega isn't always all that big of a deal, just look at how often quentin has fucking died.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    This is silly. Bishop has duties outside of being a captain so why can't Scott? The X-Men are separate from the government. Did you even read the book?
    Cyclops being affiliated with the QC in any way weakens the argument he made to Xavier. It only gives the people of Krakoa the illusion that they aren't told what to do. Him stepping down would add weight to the argument.

Bishop is affiliated with the Hellfire Club which is a full branch of the QC he already works for them. Its not that hard to see the glaring difference.

Its not an argument of who is best suited its an argument of principle. Should he remain CC there is a clear conflict of interest and he isn't seperate from the QC
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-31-2020 at 12:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    really liked the imagery of how Isca's got a sword whilst Xavier is holding a flower, really shows that while the X-men right now seem like they have gone "nazi" as some people would say, they are still soft at heart by the end. if they really are as bad as some people say, the mutants would have already tried to take over earth and kill off every human. the Arakko situation I see is to show how Krakoa could develop into and serve as foil to them. people already going for the whole it will be nuked but I see there's probably gonna be some clashes between the two and who knows maybe their numbers get dwindled before a couple join up with the X-men and Arakko and Krakoa merge back together.
    It's an old storytelling trick. Hickman was using this with Apocalypse and Genesis/his family - make the bad guy slightly softer to gain sympathy and bring in someone worse so the anti-hero/villain look better by comparison, evokes sympathy from the audience even if they're monster. It's not that Krkaoa aren't bad it's just that they look good next to these other psychos. Keep in mind Apcoalyspe thought Krakao believed Krakao operates on his own philosophy - Survival of the Fittest. That's why he joined them. I'm thinking there will be another war in the future between those two nations, only next time Apocalypse is leading and is back to being as evil as he was and sporting his Celestial enhancements.

If they're as bad as people say? There's decades of material in the comic books showing that they really are. And it's not like Krakao hasn't stopped them making monstrous acts, the X-men are fine working with cartels now and Hank has faced no consequences for his actions in X-Force and Sinister remains a free agent doing whatever.

also don't forget that being an omega isn't always all that big of a deal, just look at how often quentin has fucking died.
    He's Quintin, the world is better off with him being an idiot or lots of innocent people would be dead.

There were 16 million mutants on Genosha. I'm sure there will be a faction that will no doubt fight the humans but all 4 million of them don't need to be destroyed to maintain balance
    They were only numbered so in the same issue Morrison killed them all. For most of the 90's, Genosha was in a civil war, or completely suffering under the Legacy Virus. As soon as it was cured, Magneto was about to take over the world with his mutant/mutate army(then numbered only in the thousands), until Jean mind controlled him long enough for Wolvie to stab him in the back(which then led directly to E is for Extinction). So, if anything Genosha proves the only two options for a huge mutant army is to either conquer the world or be exterminated.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!