Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Don't worry. The main focus of the comic will be Cyclops and he's a straight, white male with a classic Lois Lane/Mary Jane figure for his love interest. You'll be fine.
    I honestly hope you're right.
    But most likely we barely will see the team, and Hickman will just keep his endless worldbuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Cyclops is the leader. Of course the team will be elected, except the leader. So much democracy, such hipocrisy

probably not, they are probably far ahead working on the books
    Who knows maybe someone will challenge Cyclops for leadership early on?

Also I feel like we shoulda seen Jean’s growing disillusionment with the council over time.

I'm pretty sure the new team will get a new comic while this one remains an ensemble piece.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I hope Rogue or Gambit gets elected to the X-Men. They are languishing in Excalibur.

Also, I'm interested to see which Arakki mutants would wanna join X-Men (if any at all).

Extraordinary Member

One wrinkle which I don't believe has been addressed is how the nomination process actually works. Does a candidate have to express an interest in joining the X-Men before their candidacy is accepted or can anyone vote for anyone who isn't on the council

If it's the latter, then I feel like Rogue and Wolverine should be shoo-ins because everyone knows them. Cyclops is the most famous X-Man in-universe, but the real-world fame these 2 have still translates somewhat to in-universe. If it's the former, then there is room to be more creative with the lineup since instead of a straight popularity contest it's only the people who are interested in the first place and you can come up with any number of reasons why the most famous people would not be interested at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    So everyone else here are focused on how the X-team will be composed of,
    I for one am worried about the ramifications of having a few millions of new mutants on earth without consulting anyone.
    Like seriously, that's a potentially bigger threat than New Krypton.
    Definitely the more pressing issue. Who can care about popularity contests(is Hickman about to troll democracy?) when 4 million ancient, warlike mutants just rolled up from another dimension?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Gah hope the people wringing their hands about democracy on KraKoa are happy lol
    The government still isn't elected

I don't know how anyone can take the farcical 'government' of Krakoa seriously. QC, this semi-voted for X-Men; garbage so long as Charles and Magnus are keeping dictator Moira-X a secret. Krakoa is built on lies!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Definitely the more pressing issue. Who can care about popularity contests(is Hickman about to troll democracy?) when 4 million ancient, warlike mutants just rolled up from another dimension?
    That is a giant neon elephant on the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Who knows maybe someone will challenge Cyclops for leadership early on?

Also I feel like we shoulda seen Jean’s growing disillusionment with the council over time.
    Unlikely that someone will challenge, even more unlikely that someone would ever win some challenge against Scott.

Well Hickman is telling Scott's story, so Jean is along for the ride. It's bad that her opinions just show to match his

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I am probably not the only one thinking this but i will say it anyway, i wonder how woke this potential team will be.
    Probably a lot more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    See if I vs. X and the T cloud didn't happen i would think that would be the biggest issue but humanity already let a posionous cloud fly across their land and a whole civilization just take up residence wherever they wanted and convert and take any citizens they wanted pretty much consequence free. So until Arrako actually tries to hurt someone it's hard to really say how much of a danger they are. Isca looked perfectly fine just going around tending to the demons and cleaning things up and in a round about way even showed hope for a new future, even if right now she doesn't exactly see how it will work.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    That's what i like about this fan base, they always have something fun and riveting to say to people just expressing an opinion.
    Huh. Just to clear it up i was actually agreeing with the thought that the team should be woke but i knew at that time with that liquor and that mindset i was already in from previous posts i may have given myself a stroke talking about how woke the team should actually be.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    See if I vs. X and the T cloud didn't happen i would think that would be the biggest issue but humanity already let a posionous cloud fly across their land and a whole civilization just take up residence wherever they wanted and convert and take any citizens they wanted pretty much consequence free. So until Arrako actually tries to hurt someone it's hard to really say how much of a danger they are. Isca looked perfectly fine just going around tending to the demons and cleaning things up and in a round about way even showed hope for a new future, even if right now she doesn't exactly see how it will work.
    Humanity has also always had the biggest hate and fear for mutants. Most of the 616 mutants can at least pass for human. The Arakko mutants cant, so if anything I would imagine the response to them should be even more severe once they go public

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Humanity has also always had the biggest hate and fear for mutants. Most of the 616 mutants can at least pass for human. The Arakko mutants cant, so if anything I would imagine the response to them should be even more severe once they go public
    Ding Ding Ding don't even get me started on what's going to happen when they hear that the Arakko mutants are mixed with demon blood.

There's also the fact that their "swords swords swords" culture fits in every stereotype of mutants being violent.