Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Are 5 or 6 spots open?

Obvious Jean and Scott will be 2 of them to make the team 7 or 8 total.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    no she changes sides to avoid losing
    Sorry, could have phrased that better.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Was there supposed to be an issue of Hellions and X factor today as well, or did those get delayed?

I can't be excited about even more world building and yet another team of mutants. Last year of world building ended with the wet fart of X of Swords, which totally killed all my interest in these Arrako people. They're just bodies waiting to be purged in another event or something. Too many names, not enough personality.

The talk of the Arrako people being stand-ins for people of color kind of disturbs me
    I think it's pretty clear when you view mutants as their own species. The Arrako mutants are very clearly not walking around with human skin tones , so they are seen as mutants on sight while modern mutants some could blend into normal human society similar to Jewish in European society.

Was there supposed to be an issue of Hellions and X factor today as well, or did those get delayed?

I can't be excited about even more world building and yet another team of mutants. Last year of world building ended with the wet fart of X of Swords, which totally killed all my interest in these Arrako people. They're just bodies waiting to be purged in another event or something. Too many names, not enough personality.

The talk of the Arrako people being stand-ins for people of color kind of disturbs me.
    It is very disturbing for sure, specially x-men that many times lack diversity; I hope the next x-men team will be ery diverse.

This book is more worldbuiling than a story being told.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Not the reunion I was expecting, but an interesting read. If Arakko and its mutants become a problem later I can see them having to be sent to Limbo, they might actually prefer it there anyway. Looking forward to the Hellfire Gala even more now. Shame I'll have to skip the next issue because of Booth.

Extraordinary Member

Interesting that Charles and Magneto wanted Jean formally returned to the Quiet Council and for Scott to take Apocalypse’s place.

Magneto said they would have the votes to do it.
    So for it would be for “Yes”: Charles, Magneto, Kate, Storm, Kurt and Emma.

Whiles “No” would be: Shaw, Exodus, Raven, and Sinister.

Replacing Jean and Apocalypse will be interesting. Jean’s seat should be taken by an X-Man and former student of Xavier’s school. They’d get along well with Storm and Nightcrawler.

Apocalypse seat is hard. Who could be on the level of Charles and Magneto when it comics to mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Interesting that Charles and Magneto wanted Jean formally returned to the Quiet Council and for Scott to take Apocalypse’s place.

Replacing Jean and Apocalypse will be interesting. Jean’s seat should be taken by an X-Man and former student of Xavier’s school. They’d get along well with Storm and Nightcrawler.

Apocalypse seat is hard. Who could be on the level of Charles and Magneto when it comics to mutants?
    Shaw would vote with Kitty and Emma

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Arakko reminds me of Hickman's Avengers run ... Arakko with A's kids was this big world-ending threat that went nowhere. Now they're a bigger all-Omega threat. After that, there'll be an even bigger threat from the secret Arakkoans. And in the end, none of them will be any more interesting or memorable than Builders or Mapmakers or Swans or whatever else. I hope Arakko doesn't become the focus of the next event. It'd be nice just to see it off in one title that I can skip.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Shaw would vote with Kitty and Emma
    That’s true. But I was going by what Magneto would think would happen.
    Not by what we the readers know will happen. (Shaw being Kate and Emma’s dog)

I'm telling ya'll, she may not have been treated as important by the X-offices, but Selene fits. She's older than Apocalypse, depending on what you read and what is cannon. She also needs to be kept close due to the danger she could present to Kraokan society. Callisto may also work as she would represent the previous outcasts of mutantkind.

So of course, they'll probably pick someone like Glob.

BANNED

Meh I am bored by Arrako and everything that happens with that. Fodders with numbers are just fodders really and Hickman seems to make a big deal out of it.

Astonishing Member

Not to put too fine a point on it, but even for a tale about hubris and even with the PIS of the superhero genre; the human vs mutant scoreboard is way too close for Magneto to be that dismissive of humans; even setting aside that fact that upping the threat would entice arrkoa

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=pkingdom;5302249]Was there supposed to be an issue of Hellions and X factor today as well, or did those get delayed?

I just checked the original solicits for December, and Hellions 7 & X-Factor 5 from 12/2 were the only issues listed for the month.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    But it's implied that it comes at the cost of her free will. So she literally can't get involved when faced with impossible odds; she just immediately forfeits.
    So if her powers have limitations how is it omega level doesn't that go against the definition? The again Hope can only take powers of mutants which is a clear limitation but she's still "omega" IDK the word loses a lot of it's meaning nowadays.

If Bobby isn't offered Jean's spot something is wrong he's only 05 member to consistently keep his shit together, as far as apocalypse I'd just give to selene if nothing else to keep an eye on the psycho broad.