Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 56 Preview, wow a day early on next week Marvel previews

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/ama...usive-preview/

interesting, lets see where this goes with Bagley art.

Kinda feel bad for The Spot...

"Unsuspecting young woman?" Isn't MJ getting into her late 20's? I'm not sure I'd call that "young" even if she probably looks it. I guess in relation to Norman and Fisk she's much younger and people still might call Peter "young man."

OMG this reminds me of TAS with Osborn using the Spot's powers to create the portals that MJ fell into off the bridge! That better not happen here and if it does, Spencer better bring her back stat!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    OMG this reminds me of TAS with Osborn using the Spot's powers to create the portals that MJ fell into off the bridge! That better not happen here and if it does, Spencer better bring her back stat!
    Assuming solicits don't lie, she has to deal with her and Peter's relationship first.

(Is she ever going to tell him about Mysterio?).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    That's probably where Spencer got the idea from.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

"Unsuspecting young woman?" Isn't MJ getting into her late 20's? I'm not sure I'd call that "young" even if she probably looks it. I guess in relation to Norman and Fisk she's much younger and people still might call Peter "young man."
    At least it's woman and not girl.

I have to agree that Bagley's art seems to be getting a little sloppier these days. I wonder if he is rushing to do the art on 3 books in a row this month?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah, looks the story from 55 is just continuing, so I might be more forgiving to LR once this takes shape.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

What a silly point to focus on/nitpick. And yes, I’d consider late 20s still “young.” This is in the middle of a dialogue in which Kingpin casually talks about that time Hydra took over the USA and sealed off Manhattan in dark energy. Ah, comics...

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    What a silly point to focus on/nitpick. And yes, I’d consider late 20s still “young.” This is in the middle of a dialogue in which Kingpin casually talks about that time Hydra took over the USA and sealed off Manhattan in dark energy. Ah, comics...
    Just throwing in my two cents .

BANNED

I think the new suit just got an explanation. Obviously, the plot is going to be that Kindred gets trapped in a Ghostbusters-style containment trap via the Spot, and the next arc is "the search for Harry" since Peter wouldn't let Harry be trapped somewhere in Kingpin's vault via Norman's machinations.

So the new fancy suit, that's designed to travel through dimensions.

The preview helps explain why Osborn threw in with Fisk and also the scene with Kindred saying "the darkness"(The Spot transported him to the dark dimension) on the final page of ASM. #55. The arc is finally coming together a bit late and, as most have already commented, this would have benefitted from some better pacing and, frankly, cutting out some fat----I feel that ASM issues 53 and 54 could have been a single issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    The preview helps explain why Osborn threw in with Fisk and also the scene with Kindred saying "the darkness"(The Spot transported him to the dark dimension) on the final page of ASM. #55. The arc is finally coming together a bit late and, as most have already commented, this would have benefitted from some better pacing and, frankly, cutting out some fat----I feel that ASM issues 53 and 54 could have been a single issue.
    True.

By the way oldschool it's been a while since you posted here last. Great to have you back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    True.

By the way oldschool it's been a while since you posted here last. Great to have you back!!!
    Thanks, Jack! Yeah, probably close to 2 years or so ...... I have been keeping up with the books and glanced at the boards from time to time but haven't had enough time to wade back in on them. Lockdown is helping solve that problem; haha----thx again and hope all is well in your corner of the universe.

Hmmm, seems interesting so far.

The Ghostbusters type "demise" of Kindred.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think the new suit just got an explanation. Obviously, the plot is going to be that Kindred gets trapped in a Ghostbusters-style containment trap via the Spot, and the next arc is "the search for Harry" since Peter wouldn't let Harry be trapped somewhere in Kingpin's vault via Norman's machinations.

So the new fancy suit, that's designed to travel through dimensions.
    Could also be Peter trying to develop his own gear to combat Kindred after seeing something final work against him. Even if I’m not entirely convinced Fisk & Norman’s plan will go as expected I do think it’ll at least set up do something that takes Harry off the board for awhile.