View Poll Results: Is it time to make Diana a mom?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 28.26%
  • No

33 71.74%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Is it time to make Diana a mom?

Personally, I think yes. And it must be a girl from Steve. She can become a new motivator for Diana for development. Plus, the source of a bunch of cute moments and covers, for example, where they weave each other's braids. The daughter needs to be introduced being 12 years old (and at the same time, Diana will still look in her prime. 20-30 years), like, Diana returned to Temiskiria for a year, and this year was 12-13 years for her. For which she managed to give birth to a daughter and train her. After which, she returned, taking her with her to teach her to be a heroine. Plus, it can be a nice addition to Superboy/Jonathan Kent (Superman's son) and Robin/Damien Wayne (Batman's son).

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

No, thanks.

It might make an interesting out-of-continuity story but mainline like Jon or Damian? No.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-30-2020 at 12:59 PM.

I think she still needs another 10 years of stories before such a decision. But afterwards I would be fine with remaking Gilmore Girls but with Diana and her daughter (or son)

Based on the damage this idea has done and continues to do to Superman's lore? Hell freaking no.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I say "no" - I'm not at all against heroes being parents. Loved it for many of them. But Diana would need to be in a more stable place (I'd need to believe the next writer would keep the kid instead of revealing it a magical deception, killing it off, speed-aging it, etc.). But also, both Batman and Superman have kids, and so it would be nice to have one of the big three choose not be a parent. And I like the idea of woman choosing for that not be what she wants out of life, and her still to be awesome. And she can like children without wanting one. So I vote for a steady, stable romantic relationship with Steve, but no kids.

I'm also somewhat in favor of her not marrying because Amazons (and ancient Greeks) didn't have the same perception of marriages being between two equals (though given Amazons and Marston, maybe they don't either, but it's my ideal) not to mention heavily about inheritance rights which aren't so applicable to immortals, and so they just don't have the institution. But it's pretty much a pipe dream.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wouldn't mind seeing Lyta Trevor come back on Earth-2 or something like Rucka's scrapped "Diana's Daughter" book.

Maine line though, Jon and Damian style? Hard pass.

I'm okay with her becoming a mother. That won't be the deciding factor on the quality of the story. If they go that route, I'd like the father to be someone other than Steve Trevor or Superman.
    The J-man

Not in main continuity. I don't trust anyone to do such a spin on WW's mythos justice considering they'd have to keep the child(ren) in-story for years.

Thumbs up

In canon, I vote no. In (yet) another Elseworlds, sure.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

There should be a 'not sure' option in the poll.

I can see both sides of the argument on why it would be a good or bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    There should be a 'not sure' option in the poll.

I can see both sides of the argument on why it would be a good or bad thing.
    I agree with this.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I agree with this.
    Same here. IF she were to be a mom, I'd prefer it shown as a more motherly, present figure in Donna, Cassie and now Yara's lives.

Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Nope. Not every female needs or wants kids. Wonder Woman i feel would feel her responsibility to the world is too big to be saddled with a child she can't give her full attention to.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    Same here. IF she were to be a mom, I'd prefer it shown as a more motherly, present figure in Donna, Cassie and now Yara's lives.

Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**
    Definitely not that for me. Donna is a grown woman and if she had a mother figure, it should be Hippolyta, not Diana. I, in fact, prefer them not being especially close, as was the case in most of the early NTT. Cassie also already had a great mom (before she was retconned to not be). Diana should not supplant them. Can't speak to Yara or any sidekicks that might pop up in future. Though, as I said, I don't want her to be a mom, I'd rather her be an actual mom than to be a mother figure to those who already have mothers and/or are in a stage in their lives where they definitely should not be looking for a mother figure if they don't (adulthood is a time when the ideal is not needing parents, even if you still want them to be there).