View Poll Results: Who will be crowned America's Next Drag SUPERSTAR?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denali

1 33.33%
  • Elliott with 2 Ts

0 0%
  • Gottmik

0 0%
  • Joey Jay

0 0%
  • Kahmora Hall

0 0%
  • Kandy Muse

0 0%
  • LaLa Ri

0 0%
  • Olivia Lux

0 0%
  • Rosé

0 0%
  • Symone

2 66.67%
  • Tamisha Iman

0 0%
  • Tina Burner

0 0%
  • Utica Queen

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Ok, it was hard for me to pick a fave, with seeing so little of them all, other than the lip syncs.
    I'll see what episode two brings.
    YEY! Look forward to your thoughts. I will say, this year especially, watching "Meet the Queens" really helped me understand and appreciate the queens more, so when getting only 'snippets' of them in the lipsync episode, I still felt I was connecting. We won't really get a clear picture until ep.4 when they unite together, or ep.5 once the first queen has been eliminated... and the competition finally gets real.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Kandy's loud and annoying. I hate that, plus her face looks like a little piggy. All that in addition to badmouthing Aja? No, ma'am.
    Kandy is loud, and she is annoying. I looked up the issue with Aja, I could be wrong, but I believe Aja is no longer a drag performer and THAT is why the house disbanded, not because of any arguement. But I don't know, so won't say this is tea. As for her face, I don't think her make-up is the best but let's just watch our comments that could be seen as criticism of her weight.
    #truthbombOFLOVE

I have to give points for originality to Symone for that polaroid panel dress but I don't think I *liked* it.
    It reminded me a little of Ivy Winter's dress made of pictures of her face, but I actually prefer this, the chain linkeage between Polaroids is more creative and alluring. I mean Derrick Berry ALSO glued photos of his face to a corset for the Book Ball... but let's never speak of that again. HA!

Call me basic but Rosé's outfit *was* basic yet fun, not groundbreaking but it's the one I liked the most. And her attitude of 'WTF stuntery are y'all pulling' is exactly what I wanted to see more of, not the pageant BS we got from everyone else who got The Pork Chop. She seems real, and I look forward to whatever relationship she has with Tina Burner.
    I like Rosé as a personality, she seems fun. And YESSSSSSS I want this Rosé vs Tina drama. I want a Rosé vs Tina lipsync (along with a LaLaRi vs. Tamisha lipsync).
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I have to say, I'm not liking this format, for lack of a better term.
    By this time we have seen what all the queens are capable of. We have yet to see what half of this group can and can't do.
    Patience. I'd happy have 3 extra episodes per season, if it means we get the queens in more in-depth exposure. At this rate I doubt anyone's going home till ep4.

I felt badly for Elliott With Two Ts, and Kandy Muse has not impressed me at all. She needs to go, and soon. So far, faves for me seem to be Gotmik and Elliott.
    I don't see Kandy lasting long, she's really misjudged the way you get screen time and seems to not understand how this show works. Couple that with her faulty runways and looks, I don't see her getting to Top 6 (unless she turns it on the lipsyncs and becomes hard to get rid of). And while I, of course, HEAVILY discourage and disagree with anyone ever sending any queens hate online (or god forbid, in person), the fact she's getting hate right now... is a little bit of karma. You went on international television and picked on the weakest in the room. SHOCK HORROR, people didn't like you for it.

Despite Ru's pedantic 'there are no losers on Drag Race' spiel, I feel sorry for the 1/2 of the cast that's effectively been made out to be losers without a single challenge or runway. They've also been made out to be petty by the 'voting off people you've just met' forced drama. Putting Elliott (and Utica) through that was horrible, even by reality TV standards.
    Nah, they'll be fine. They'll get a guaranteed 4 episodes of air time, even if only brief on some episodes, that's far more than many. Think of poor Kellie Mantle from S6, she got one episode and never was heard from again. I don't think they'll be seen as petty for voting out Elliott, they had to pick someone. The show is hard, the show can be cruel to those unable to handle it. I'm 6-of-1/half a dozen of another. One the one hand it is so hard on the mental health of some of the queens, on the other hand they are getting a life-long career in drag, which before Drag Race was pretty unheard of. You can't take only the carrot, sometimes you get the stick too.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-11-2021 at 08:51 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

It's Kandy's upturned nose that really makes her face... well, that word I said which is apparently problematic. *shrugs* And I'm afraid she'll skate through because of her 'personality', just like Silky.

Elliott's performance this week was very Ru-demptive. Great looks, nice verse, good dancing. The Pork Chop bit back!

But DAMN, Symone's legzzzz! And that boxer look was inspired. Well deserved win in the lip sync, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

S13 EP 3
    PHENOMENON

"Welcome to RuPaul's Drag Race. The emotional rollercoaster addition!" ~ Mama Ru

The 'Winners Circle' (#TeamBully) come back in the werk room after the non-elimination; Symoné is obviously super happy and I'm happy for her. Gotmik and Kandy are relieved to not have to lipsync; and the rest feel they need to step their p*ssy up. It did seem odd wondering aloud when the other queens will get here... as if we didn't see this exact formula last season. In Season 12 the queens correctly said "I think we have a Season 6 situation going on..." so I didn't understand this confusion???

IT'S A NEW DAY IN THE YOU BETTA WERK ROOM...
    The 'Pork Chop' queens enter, feeling guilty for eliminating Elliott; but overall working with a fire under them to slay the next challenge. They are confident the other group "already has their noses in the air" (and they'd be right). Much like last episode they have to do a (maxi) mini-challenge of two runways, one Lady... and the other Vamp. The major shocker is Kahmora's time-management. Denali mentioned how Kahmora takes 5 hours to paint, and for a brief moment I did wonder if the edit was being shady making it look like she was the only one left in the werk room through clever camera angles... but then in the confessionals Kahmora herself said they had all gone, and she was getting the 5minute call and wasn't remotely ready... this is Drag RACE after all...

CATEGORY IS... LADY
    TOOT
    Denali. I love the hair, the almost plastic curls on that acid yellow bob is fun, I love the colour combo of and shape of the skirt, and the rhinestone blue pumps are AWESOME. The reference to Forget Me Nots as an Alaskan flower was fun. I.. hmmmm... the detailing on the leg was giving me less Tyra Sanchez wedding dress and more just a mess. And the tights (and gloves) seemed wrinkled, like they needed to be pulled tighter
    Joey Jay. I love this purple hair, the mesh gold chain-male top, with the fur and the belt. The dalmatian thigh-high boots with furry balls. It's a lot going on, but it all oddly works. Sticking to one colour pallet was SMART.
    Rosé. I really like this, the shape is great with the silhouette of big shoulders, and the placement of the patterns and colour is aesthetically pleasing. LOVE the circle earring and square earring contrast. This was all a win, and the R / osé on the bag and back was a playful treat. It is the most literal art look I've seen on the show, she is a piece of living art. Beautiful.
    Kahmora. She is STUNNING! And I instantly said Kate Middleton when she turned the corner. This was perfection! The Fascinator hat, the cup of tea, ONLY a pearl bracelet and two tiny pearl earrings... it's just so tasteful. She paid true homage to the Duchess.

BOOT
    Tamisha Iman. I like this colour of pink fuchsia on her, I like the flow of it. But... it's not exciting. And the styling is very dated. I could see Blanch from the Golden Girls wearing this, accessories and all.

LADY TROPHY: Utica Queen. This is so wrong, it's right. I LOVE this crazy Japanese rainbow cloud pattern on the dress, the sheer cut outs to make a tiny waist, the CRAZY amount of balls over the hair, shirt, shoulder and glasses BUT placed in such a specific way it just worked. It looked like Rock M's ball dress... but done right. The right amount of balls and crazy without going over the top. LOVE the ball'd, the candy floss hair, Princess Leia side buns, with plastic balls and yarn balls (full of little balls). Just... BOLD AF!

CATEGORY IS... V. A. M. P.
    TOOT
    Denali. Ohhhh I loved this, Helena Bonham-Carter hair by way of Miss Havisham, the sheer fan, blouse and skirt, so we see the boning on all three... the DARK jewels, and those aren't even sheer gloves!!! SHE PAINTED ON HER ARMS TO LOOK SHEER! Just... so beautifully put together.
    Joey Jay. I like the look, it's not exciting but bad-ass enough I'll let that slide. I'm very impressed the hair is now red, that's cool. Body is ON POINT! She looks more feminine here because of the body, but... that jawline is... just... so strong, she really needs to find a way to soften it. I think that would sell the short boi hair more!
    Rosé. This Mariachi Flamenco dancer with the cage over the eyes so you just see those ruby lips, cage on the sides to continue the theme; spotted with red and black mesh and latex thigh-high boots. It's all SO COOL! SO CHIC. So art house. LOVE the detail of black lines around the neck to blend into the sheer. So beautiful.
    Tamisha Iman. Hair Elvira, Mistress of the Dark! The ORIGINAL vamp! I was so happy someone did that, and the elevation of Eliva's look by making the dress out of hair was exactly the kind of detail I love. Slay, kween!
    Kahmora. This was tasteful vamp, very Tia Carrere. The red hair was smart, the silver necklace, the peek-a-boo of the breasts, the small slit. And the vampire collar, claw fingernails, paired with that aubergine dark purple shoe. It's tasteful, subtle beauty. I really do love her eye for detail.
    TROPHY: Utica Queen. I MEAN! I loved every f*ckin' thing about this. This crazy Queen of Hearts hair, meets Pennywise the Clown meets American McGee's "Alice". I cannot praise this enough, the rich burgundy silks and cape, the twisting on the arms, the bird cage on the legs, THAT GIANT ROSE COLLAR! And the roses in the collar were actually the plastic balls from her last look, but crushed and blackened. This was EVERYTHING!!!

[TO BE CONTINUED]

[PART II]
    BACK IN THE WERK ROOM...
    The queens de-drag and get their main challenge: write, choreograph and perform a verse in RuPaul's new song "Phenomenom". Last week's group had no choreographers... this group... had TOO MANY! And it was chaos... till Mama Tamisha came along to straighten out the children. This really made me adore her, she is wise, she is commanding. Probably the most 'mother' we've seen on the show. Certainly the last queen that gave me true 'MOTHER!" vibes was Asia O'Hara, so it's been a minute. When they were getting ready and she said "Kahmora, make sure you breath baby" to then listen to Kahmora's struggle and button it with "you're gonna make mistakes, and that's what makes you great." UGHHH!!! LOVE HER!!! And we learn one of her drag daughters (sadly now deceased) is THE Tandi Iman Dupree who did that iconic "Wonder Woman" performance at the Miss Gay Black America pageant in 2001 where she drop-split FROM THE CEILING!!! This group is so much more fun than #TeamBully

PHENOMENON
    Last week was a disappointment, but this week! OH YES! This wasn't as good as last seasons "I'm That B*tch" or "You Don't Know Me" but it was still excellent. They slayyyyyyed! This song wasn't a patch on "Condragulations" but they spun gold out of it. I was so, so happy to see that the 'pork chop' has just made them more determined, and not broken them. LOVED IT! Tamisha serving the fabric twirls was awesome, and the choreofraphy was very well done. Good job Pork Chops!
    Joey Jay. I liked this Street Fighter bad-ass b*tch blue camo and the headband helps feminize the look a bit, and I like the fabric hanging (it twirled nicely). His lyrics were good, and I like talking about the wig She told us who she was, and it worked (wasn't sure about spelling out her name, it was no "D - to the - E - to the T - to the O - HOLD IT -- X!).
    Kahmora. It's fair to say she was weakest in lyrics. LOVED this look, so paired down, tasteful (I think that's the word for her in general); loved the gold shimmer, with some of the body revealed just enough but not too much. Clever, subtle, tasteful. But the lyrics were depthless. Can't sing, can't rap, can't write. This was not her challenge.
    Rosé. KICKS down the door. I loved this look, it's the best of her pink ones to date, and really looked like a... perfect pink fairy. The skin tones with the pink and the crystals on the chest in a V, all so pretty. It's good for movement, and her voice is gorrrrrrrrgeous. I loved listening to this; I don't feel the lyrics were stunning, but her vocal tone is so pleasing. She showed she can sing without going full Jan, so I loved it. And the face was BEAT.
    Tamisha Iman. Loved controlling all of the group at the start, lyrics were great; she was tough, strong, it made me root for her... she just needs more energy. I really hope this isn't due to the cancer, because that would make me sad. She looked like Jada Pinkett Smith, and I didn't dislike the body suit (but didn't love it either).
    Utica Queen. Yet again... what the **** is she wearing and WHY DO I LOVE IT SO MUCH?!?!?! This crochet'd nonsense of tie-dye drug colours, crimped top Jane Fonda workout yoga craziness.. YES!!! It shouldn't work but I love it! The lyrics were silly, a little hard to understand but the ones I heard: I loved. She beats to her own drum and it's wonderful. Going full Gollum then ending in "woaaaaaaaaw"... only Utica could do that and make it all make sense.
    TROPHY: Denali. SLAYED! I did not care for this look, the one bare leg/one bare arm with so many ruffles is a massive no, no to me. I don't like that aesthetic. BUT WHO CARES? Because she slayyyyyyyed! Her lyrics were easily the best in a strong group, she sounded great, she sounded tough, she sounded strong. "I'm icey, spicey, for you I'm a little pricey!" Flips, splits, kicks... it was magnificent.

CATEGORY IS... WE'RE HERE, WE'RE SHEER, GET USED TO IT!
    TOOT
    Joey Jay. I liked this sheer and black tape dress. Good hips. It was almost a sluttier more bad-ass version of the Vivienne's cassette tape dress from "Drag On A Dime" challenge. The headband again helps to feminize Joey, but the jaw needs work. There was good detailing without being a mess, and it was fun. Bold placement of the skin showing and yet still look like a warrioress. I wish the taping had gone to the top at the back, rather than stop just below the shoulder.
    Kahmora. This bodysuit with the sheer to make a caftan illusion cape was so pretty. It sparkled like a fairy, and the RuPaulhair was gold. Again tasteful classy, detailed in the RIGHT way; she gets it. The subtle little feathers on the purple nightgown were so, so GOOD!
    Tamisha Iman. I think the wig is gorgeous, that dress and colour on her is BEAUTIFUL. She's expensive, she's stunning. Soooooo pretty, I personally did not care for the huge bustle flower shield thing, but I cannot deny she looked like THE ONLY GODDESS on the runway in this moment. AND SHE MADE IT! Kudos. The way the gold curls on the sheer, marvelous.

BOOT
    Denali. I loved the face, love the hair and the shoes matching the Ben-Wa-bead locks were wonderful. I just hated that dress. It looked like toilet paper. BEAUTIFUL lavender colour, the colours was on point. I just... hated the toilet paper ruffles.
    Rosé. Last week LaLa Ri looked like the gold Quality Street, this week Rosé looked like... the left over wrappers crumpled together in the box after you've eaten all the chocolate. HAHAHAHA! It was a cool design, a fun idea; I just thought it looked ugly af. Well executed but ugly. I did love the Harlequin inspired bubble gum hair though.
    RUNWAY TROPHY: Utica Queen. Five for five. I LOVED her make-up, oh it was Día de los Muertos meets some epic fairy face-paint undead priestess. The shape was great, the fabric clashed in the best way, popping while still maintaining the black as the main colour, and the shaping was wonderful. This was a total treat, I could see this as the necromancer priestess boss in the final temple fight of a computer game. It was flowing in watercolour Stevie Nicks realness. It's not a slam dunk, it was a tiny bit odd, but I loved the ponytail and the make-up was so incredible she gets the trophy.

LIPSYNC
    Denali vs Rosé to Britney Spears' "If U Seek Amy". As with last episode we had the 'Top2' lipsync, and it produced another winning lipsync. Just like Season12, these were some great lipsyncs (which is why I LOVE AllStars battling the 'Top2' over the 'bttm2'; it just produces better lipsyncs). Denali was a monster, so powerful. Rosé went for comedy but it wasn't very funny. Crazy faces, that aren't hilarious... are just... cazy. She was confident and skilled but not funny. In contrast Denali was so energized but controlled, effortless. She did the vogue walk, spider arms, stomp walk, yas kween! I was loving all of this. And that double drop! I never gets old. My favourite moment was Denali pausing... then back into the sass. It was an excellent performance. If we ever get Denali vs Symoné we'd be in for A BATTLE!!!!
    LIPSYNC TROPHY: Denali

OVERALL
    The Pork Chops slayyyyed! The Winners' Circle should be worried, because these 6 did better in the Lady and Vamp runways AND in the main challenge (by a lot). They may have lost those lipsyncs, but in this competition they are a THREAT! A wonderful redemptive episode, and much better than the last. And really made me care for them as a group. This made me stan Tamisha! Keep it coming!
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: A-]
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-19-2021 at 05:28 AM.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I must admit that my TV viewing habits as a gay man were put to the test, as I had to choose between RuPaul's Drag Race, and the US National Figure Skating Championships.

I DVRed Drag Race, as I HAD to see those skaters live.

Ok, I have to say, I really think I like group two more than group one. Loved their performance of "Phenomenom", but I was really concerned they were going to bomb, until Mama Tamisha showed up and took the wheel. Thank God she did, because they needed direction badly!

Kieran, I have to agree with you, the "Pork Chops" were amazing with their runway looks. I couldn't think of any that I looked at and said "Oh, dear....that's a choice." The winners from the lip synch challenges best watch themselves, as they may be feeling a bit too secure with their positions in the show.

While Denali won the lip synch, it was Rosé that has really caught my eye. I will be watching her closely, she may soon be my favorite.

S13 EP 4
    THE RuPAULMARK CHANNEL

"That was so much fun to watch, I pity the fool who has to go up against you." ~ Mama Ru

The 'Winners Circle' are waiting in the werk room for the other queens to comeback from the main stage and Kandy is STILL thinking their team is vastly better (despite the fact most of them only delivered decent lipsyncs). She thinks their presence is 'the gag of the century', no Kandy. The two-way mirror in AllStars2 was the face crack of the century... what you're suggesting they literally did last season (and Season 6). This is not a gag. Kandy ALSO thinks they look good... when from the neck down she looks a mess. The level of delusion is staggering from #TeamBully. There's stupid made-up drama with Elliott, Tina is being mean and unkind as usual. It's all not cute. But Tamisha's face... OH MY LORD! Her icy glazed expression was everrrrrything.

Finally the competition can begin, as all the queens are united for a new challenge and Ru informs them that from this episode eliminations will begin and "one of you will be going home... for good." This is what they signed up for, and I'm here for it. Ru announces the Maxi challenge is an over-acting, cheesy holiday movie trailer assignment (that have suspiciouslyyyyyy similar plots and dialogue), celebrating THE OTHER holidays we never makes films about. Ru assigns the teams, and the queens assign the roles; and THEN Ru visits the werk room, but to obey social distancing Ru places himself at one corner of the table and the queens have to come over and sit at the diagonal opposite corner. I love that we still get 'werk room Ru' while also being socially conscience. Bravo, World of Wonder!

THE RuPAULMARK CHANNEL
    MISERY LOOOOOVES COMPANY
    A Valentine's Day tear-jerker. It was fine. I think Denali was bad as the mean city b*tch, BUT by the end she was doing well as a woman in love. She really should only play sweet fun roles, because she did that part well. Her trying to say "where a fudge packing factory shouldn't be" was very Brook Lynn Hytes "beyon-say-what?" Elliott had less range than Denali, and was very forgettable. The story made sense, and Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman was super cute as the handsome prince. It was fine.
    STRONGEST: Olivia Lux. Very solid and delivered her lines well, the old make-up was good, and I loved the pink touch in her white hair. A fun detail. She needs to find her camera more though.
    WEAKEST: Kahmora Hall. I mean this was terrible (minus the make-up, the make-up was cool). It was giving me Kimora Blac's spunky monkey. Robotic. Senseless. I will say Ross did NOT explain the "I was rooting for you" effectively. Line reading is... bad directing 101.

APRIL FOOL'S RUSH IN
    A rom-com celebrating April Fool's Day. I actually thought this was the worst of the three; because the story seemed the most muddled, and it didn't have someone to ground it. Gottmik was okay in the role, but it didn't seem like a character that made no sense and had no through-line. Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman was fun as 'prince' (literally). Tina was part giving Bette Midler in "the First Wives Club" BUT part giving Mimi Imfurst in "Drag Queens from Outta Space 2". It was a little too big, too crazy, TOO emphasized in every moment. And Kandy... was Kandy. It wasn't acting. Next.
    STRONGEST: Tamisha Iman. I'll be clear, I think this ended up working partly due to the amusing absurdity of seeing Tamisha give into this terrible Cher impression. She committed, but I don't think she's a good "actress" merely going with it made it funny, even if it was a little Aiden Zahn "Boo!"
    WEAKEST: Joey Jay. Was he even there?

GOD LOVES FLAGS
    A Flag Day romantic adventure. This was super fun, the only critique is Utica making RuPaul HOWLLLLLLLLL with laughter in the werk room during her minute long, wordless reaction to "have you ever smoked weed" was funnier than anything else in the episode. Rosé was adorable, and the choice to drop of of her gnome voice was done at just the right moment.
    WEAKEST: LaLa Ri. There was no energy, I was surprised someone with such a big personality in the confessionals became such a mouse when delivering lines. I don't think acting is for her, improv maybe.
    ACTING TROPHY: Symoné. This was the strongest of the bunch because of this performance, it grounded everything and truly impressed me. The way she plays with words, the choice of "fa-c-TRYYYY!", she embodied this fierce career woman who is a little self-loathing with a heart of gold on the inside. It was a fantastic performance, and completely unexpected. This is her crown to lose, at this point.

BACK IN THE WERK ROOM...
    Gotmik and Tina are helping sow a train on Kandy's look for the train. I'm nervous about Gotmik being part of the "shade monsters" (or TeamBully). Run away Gottmik, run away. Don't saddle yourself to this team! Symoné tells a wonderful story about her first time in drag going to prom; it was empowering and (for once) not a tragedy mirror. Tamisha talks about his 3 biological kids, and his stage name is actually from his oldest daughter Tamisha. BUT I WANT TO KNOW THE T! I thought LaLa Ri was Tamisha's drag daughter? But it's never come up, they haven't been shown talking once and this made the most sense to bring it up. And even in the confessionals LaLa Ri said "I know Tamisha from back in Atlanta..." Have I just made up their are drag mother/daughter????

[TO BE RU-TINUED]
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-25-2021 at 10:29 AM.

[PART II]

CATEGORY IS... TRAINS FOR DAYS
    To briefly explain my logic... when you have a category on the runway, I need more than "job done" to toot it. If, to use an example from Season 12, the category is "the Color Purple" and you wear a purple dress... that is not an instant 'toot'. That is the bare minimum you were expected to deliver. So here, while I liked some elements of an outfit... the existence of a train (and let's be fair, two didn't even have that) is not a toot by default. It's whether the OVERALL effect works. Sowing a train to a Bob Mackie dress doesn't mean I'm gonna like the end result, even if it's a pretty dress and a serviceable train.

TOOT
    Denali. I LOVED THIS!!! Oh, it was so beautiful. Kim Chi's cockatoo is shooketh. This South African bird god (Ken Sa Cardo???) with the HUGE tail that works perfectly as a train. The giant green Mohawk which is spray painted pink at the back. The shoulder-pads and body suit with the gradient colouring, the tasteful strapped shoes to match. This was the second best of the night and I applaud her. Punk, layered, AMAZING.
    Olivia Lux. I LOVE this take on Beethoven, with the gold harp, ruffled neck piece, gold on the face, the lonnnnng earrings, the material is EXPENSIVE and the boots matching the descending shirt. And while she is playing a man, she makes it feminine in look (UK Drag Queens could learn a thing or two from this). This is just beautiful.
    Symoné. GAG! I mean... there was not a more creative train on this runway. The detailing of the beautiful bodice with a jump suit over it, with A FEW curls sticking out her wrap, the lining in cream yellow to pop against the turquoise blue... the jewels on the bottom of the tracksuit, the one shoulder out, the zippers matching the lining, and her train CAME FROM HER DO-RAG!!! A celebration of black culture and she made it look high fashion. In love. In awe. THIS WAS AN EPIC RUNWAY!
    LaLa Ri. Another slam dunk. What an epic runway. This Mortal Combat ninja assassin viper queen... it was so so SO beautiful. The details I loved: that she had boots that came nearly all up her thigh, so we get just a peak of flesh by the top of the leg. The puff covers to the elbow, then a SLEEK shoulder length glove. Using the dark for eye shadow, and the face mask, and bald (no wig) with just a head wrap. The material flows, but instantly looks like snake skin. It was just beautiful. I felt the train could have been longer and when she shed it... it was cool BUT I thought for a moment it was gonna be connected to the two viper tongue points of the behind trail and turn into one EPIC long train. Pity. But it was still a magnificent effort.
    Rosé. I liked this. It felt it was an extension of her suit, very 80s power woman, so the exaggerated shoulders, the all blue colour to POP that white lapel and white Mohawk hair (which ALSO had a train, hahaha). I think it was beautiful, and totally made sense (personally). My favourite detail was the silver lightning bolt earrings matching the colour of the nails and shoes. Smart. Using tulle was so 80s, Dolly Parton 9-to-5 realness. YAAAS!

(soft) BOOT
    Elliott with Two Ts. The body suit is TO DIE FOR! It's stunning. The patterning and nude illusion, the detail, the tiny gloves and the beaded belt match. The quaffed hair and make-up, this was stunning! And then she attached a toilet paper tulle train with gold lining to the back, for no apparent reason. Oh right, it's a train runway. Yeahhhhh...
    Utica Queen. Makes me sad to do this, but it's a bit of a boot. I LOVE the outfit, don't get me wrong. I think the Carol Burnett inspired curtain rail dress (out of literal curtains) is so fun, so silly, so Utica... but the train at the back looks... so tacked on. It's an after thought to the outfit concept, rather than the driving force. The belt made out of a curtain ties made me chuckle. The look in of itself was a toot, total toot. But this is a train runway. And that train is a boot.
    Tamisha Iman. I love this colour on her, and I liked the patterning, but I hated the tool ruffles. It made it look child like, or pageant. And you can see the connectors of the train through the sheer. It was styled well, I just hated the ruffles. If she wanted to go see through negligee/I've-just-come-out-of-my-master-bedroom-for-noon-time-champagne... GO FOR IT! Don't half step. She really needs to light a fire under herself, and step up her p*ssy!

BOOT
    Gottmik. I hated this. It was barely a look, it was fabric messily wrapped round her waist with some fabric hanging off the arms. The fairy wings look liked their drooped. The ruffles and patterns around the waist and hips with the jewels and the necklace had no cohesion. It was bizarre and disjointed. Why the leaf blower? This made no sense. Now... apparently... this is NOT his 'trains for days' look, this is his sheer look (which being in the Winners Circle he didn't get to wear), but he chose to wear it for this runway instead (so I feel no guilt booting it, as he intentionally did not do the challenge). Second, this is (according to Gottmik) representing the trans flag. I don't see it. At all. Pink and blue do not trans flag by default make. It's an ugly outfit, it's an ugly design, it wasn't the challenge, there was NOT a train and it had a failed message to top it off.
    Tina Burner. Well at-least it's not yellow, orange, RED! I'm pleased someone did a train conductor, that's where my mind went. I liked the overcoat, I liked the colours, I liked the hat. I HATED the ghost pubes from her arms and back, and do not understand what that was about??? Was it meant to be smoke from the train pipe? Something about this just... didn't work. The idea was there, but something about it just doesn't work, and I can't work out specifically why. I think it's the colour pallet or material, or a combination of both. Shame, I really liked the idea. The literal train track was fun.
    Joey Jay. I liked this, I LOVED the train of a tongue that's pierced, that was so fun. Nice to see a wig, braided. Very smart considering her critique last week. I just felt no connection to the black leather dominatrix and this train concept. Also the body seemed off, very heavy round the waist. Why not go full Rocky Horror or Kiss even?
    Kandy Muse. So apparently her train look wasn't usable so she used her final runway look. THIS WAS HER FINAL RUNWAY?? It's just... not good. It's not proportioned right. You can see stuff. I like the red velvet at the front, but the PVC corset is so jarring against this. I... it's probably her prettiest look, I will say that, but as a final runway it's a hot mess. Then again I don't see her getting to the end anyway, so maybe it's good she showed her last look as we'll have no other way of seeing it. HA! Make-up is bad; the hair line was TERRIBLE. And the train was an after thought. Literally.

RUNWAY TROPHY: Kahmora Hall. This silky medieval Chinese hair with the giant kimono dragon shoulder pads; with red jeweled eye in the shoulders. THE GOLD FAN EARRINGS! The impeccably built gold scaled bodice body suit dress. It was STUNNING. I was in awe when she walked out but initially thought "where's the train, gurl?"... and then she turned sideways!!! THAT DRAGON TAIL BEHIND HER!!! I lived. I died. I lived again. This was just the smartest, most beautiful, most wonderful thing I've ever seen. The east Asian 'mother of dragons'. I could see Gong Li wearing this. Best look of the season so far.

LIPSYNC
    Denali vs Kahmora Hall to Crystal Waters' "100% Pure Love". I was shocked Denali was in the bttm 2, just because Ru often saves someone who's done well over someone who's yet to shine. Think Brook Lynn Hytes in "Why It Gotta Be Black... Panther?" It's also crazy to me Denali has been in three episodes and lipsync'd in every single one. But she came for the kill; she ripped off that train and it was GO TIME! Bucking, voguing, bopping, arm choreography, splits... it was wonderful. I ache for a Symone vs Denali lipsync (except I don't, because that means Denali won't get the crown by default). Denali delivered a brilliant performance to a rather basic song, and Mama Ru was sooooo proud of her. "That was so much fun to watch, I pity the fool who has to go up against you." And Kamora... was there. The end.
    LIPSYNC TROPHY: Denali

OVERALL
    A very good episode, with an excellent runway and a killer lipsync. Some shocks, twists turns... but also a somewhat disappointing acting challenge. This season has very few actors and actresses; so hopefully it's more Season 3 design than Season 7 acting in future challenges. Symoné continues to prove that crown is HERS; and with her biggest competition taking a tumble this episode... no-one can stop her.
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: A-]

NEXT WEEK... it's A BALL! A Bag Ball to be precise. Last season gave us many a stellar look, so I have high hopes. And Olivia will have a chance to have a teeny, tiny purse along with her bag look. HA! Symoné and LaLaRi have both said they don't sow... so (dot dot dot)...
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-03-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Let's bow down to the original train runway diva. YAAAAS! Violet Chachki's Met Gala train goddess!

It's Kandy's upturned nose that really makes her face... well, that word I said which is apparently problematic. *shrugs* And I'm afraid she'll skate through because of her 'personality', just like Silky.
    I get it, I do. She's mean and annoying and hasn't shown any real talent bar a 'personality' that Ru loves and we don't (JUST like Silky). I didn't want you to feel harshly shamed, more... just bare in mind going forward (as she is a bigger gurl) that comparing her face to a farm yard animal when... it's her face, it's not the make-up it's just her face... is the type of thing I think we need to just nip-in-the-bud and not do. She can change being annoying, she can change being loud, but her face is her face and let's not judge her for it. If that makes sense?

Elliott's performance this week was very Ru-demptive. Great looks, nice verse, good dancing. The Pork Chop bit back!
    Very Ru-demptive, but this last episode faded away again. I don't see Elliott making Top 6.

But DAMN, Symone's legzzzz! And that boxer look was inspired. Well deserved win in the lip sync, too.
    She has (so far) WON every challenge she's been apart of. That's CRAZY! First time ever in a regular season. Could she be coming for Ben's score card???
    FUN FACT: Ben dela Creme has the best score card in Drag Race HERstory, followed by Bianca del Rio.

I must admit that my TV viewing habits as a gay man were put to the test, as I had to choose between RuPaul's Drag Race, and the US National Figure Skating Championships.

Ok, I have to say, I really think I like group two more than group one. Loved their performance of "Phenomenom", but I was really concerned they were going to bomb, until Mama Tamisha showed up and took the wheel. Thank God she did, because they needed direction badly!
    I'm Stan'ing Mama Tamisha HARD.

Kieran, I have to agree with you, the "Pork Chops" were amazing with their runway looks. I couldn't think of any that I looked at and said "Oh, dear....that's a choice." The winners from the lip synch challenges best watch themselves, as they may be feeling a bit too secure with their positions in the show.
    The Pork Chops are just so much more interesting. We want Symone and Olivia from #TeamBully. And mayyyybe Gottmik (he needs to step up his game; outside of SOME good looks, I'm not seeing a star). But AS A GROUP... the Pork Chops are so much more fun, so much more charismatic and interesting.

While Denali won the lip synch, it was Rosé that has really caught my eye. I will be watching her closely, she may soon be my favorite.
    I liked Rose ever since her "Meet the Queens" and I "like" nearly everything she does... but in the same token I've not be "wow'd" just yet by anything she does either. She's strong though. I could easily see her Top4.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-25-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Oh, it's Monday! Time to reply to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Gurrrrrrrrrrrllll, I love RDR, but when it comes to queens vs. cute guys on ice, cute guys on ice win EVERY time.

Now, on to the show............

The RuPaullmark Challenge: So every season we have acting challenges, and I'm sure it's a challenge itself to come up with something original. I loved the idea of the Hallmark parody, and it seemed especially timely, as this past holiday season was when Hallmark aired their first Christmas special to feature an LGBT storyline. I also liked the fact that they didn't use Christmas as the holiday.

However, after that build-up, I was let down. I didn't laugh at any script, and while there were definitely stand out performances, I thought this was going to be one of those instances where Ru looked at them all and went "Meh!"

As for the Trains for Days looks:

Gottmik - loved the colors on her, but that was the only thing that worked. It looked badly constructed, and (IMO) it was barely a train.

Symoné - I would never have thought to use a do-rag as a train. Super original, and she looked amazing.

Denali - LOVED this look. The bright colors, the hair, the make-up, everything was top notch!

Lala Ri - Mortal Combat ninja assassin viper queen - to quote you- there is no better way to describe this look!

Kandy Muse - Once again, not impressed. She needs to go home and soon.

Kahmora Hall - This was one of my favorite looks. So well executed!

The lip synch. No brainer here. Denali worked circles around Kahmora Hall. I will say I was upset to see two Pork Chops in the bottom. I wanted one of the shady team to be there, so that a message could be sent. However, I was glad to hear Ru's comments to Denali. "That was so much fun to watch, I pity the fool who has to go up against you." Watch your back, "Team Shady".

S13 EP 5
    BAG BALL

The queens walk back in the werk room after Kahmora's elimination... The first elimination is always where it hits home how real the competition is, but after 3 non-eliminations, I'm not surprised it put the fear of God into them. Denali is rightly upset she had to send her best Judy in the competition home and Kandy starts some nonsense about how Elliott should have been in the bottom; then age shames Tamisha. I'm not here for it. LUCKILY Mama Tamisha is there to shut it down; and make it clear "you haven't seen us yet!"

The queens enter and Ru announced the mini-challenge is "Baby Got Back". Dressed as toddlers, they must dance their diapered asses off. As dancing mini-challenges go, it was on the weaker side. We didn't have Thorgy's shaking Frida Kahlo, or the iconic "where did you get a loaf of bread?" Elliott looked so good, Denali was serving Pepper from American Horror Story, Gottmik's face was brilliant (outfit was not) and Tina... didn't dress as a baby??? LaLa Ri rightly wins the mini-challenge, as she slayyyyyyed. It was absurdist fun.

THE BAG BALL
    The maxi challenge is a BALL! The queens have to serve three bag-nificent looks:
    • Mixed Bag (a punny look of your choice that includes the word bag)
    • Money Ball (a look that says "I own EVERYthing, opulence!!!"
    • and from scratch the queens need to design and create a high fashion show-stopping lewk, made entirely from BAGS!!! (grocery bags, sleeping bags, duffle bags, tea bags, etc).

But wait... there's more. The queens need to also decorate a 'tabby bag' (a large purse) by Coach Create. I... didn't think this was the best advertisement for this product, it seemed 90% of the things you could add was flowers a 6 year old would like. I'm not sure many people watched this episode and rushed out to buy one.

BACK IN THE WERK ROOM...
    We get a little tea (a sip) about LaLa Ri and Tamisha. YES, Tamisha put LaLa Ri in drag and was a coach, but something is being unsaid. They don't seem to be on friendly terms, so maybe this will come up down the line. Elliott continues to suffer the bullying of Kandy Muse. And Symoné doesn't sow. But this is my objection to the "I don't sow" excuse we hear every year. THIS IS NOT A SOWING CHALLENGE!!! The winner is not who's hems are the cleanest, who's stitching is the closest together, who's patterning is the most intricate; this is a challenge of taste and design. Hair, make-up, jewellery, accessories; all these things can make or break any look. Symoné has excellent taste, and shouldn't have stressed. She served it. Now there are 36 looks across 3 runways, so I'm going to be direct in my critique. I will say I was disappointed in the "mixed bag". Nearly everyone chose '[insert word] BAG' or 'BAG [insert word]'. No-one was creative enough. Why not BAGel? BAGgage? BAGuette? CabBAGe? GarBAGe? OuaBAGenin? WinniBAGos? And we've had the category of 'dress as a business woman' before, such as in Season 5's Sugar Ball. So I'll be very quick commenting on those looks.

CATEGORY IS... MIXED BAG
    TOOT
    Denali. Airbag. This crash-bag safety dummy is wonderful, very creative. LOVE the huge shoulders, the giant glasses, the covered head, the jointed legs; very cool, very Gaga. And she sells it. There was something about the actually poof skirt that felt off.
    Joey Jay. IV Bag. I liked this, love the crystal bodysuit, very Shea Coulee 'love the skin you're in' runway. The wet hair and sexy nurse was fun, I just wish she'd gone full Elle in Kill Bill (2003).
    Elliott With Two Ts. Gift Bag. I don't love this, but the idea is solid and it's very well conveyed on the runway, I LOVE her clutch is the name-tag "To: RuPaul". Clever girl.
    Symoné. Fun Bags. I LOVE THIS! I love the TIGHT dress, pinched at the knees, with the white feathers on the bottom. Loved the white curl in the quaffed black hair. And as huge boobs go, it was (weirdly) the most tasteful I've seen this idea done on the runway.
    Gottmik. Body Bag. LOVED! This was very Dragula. It was a unique idea, a little gross. Coming out of the clear body bag was such a great idea. The autopsy effect was very clever, the opened chest looked so seamless on the outfit. The messed up wet hair was cool, very Twin Peaks. Didn't like the grossness of his performance on the runway and didn't understand the silver collar necklace round his hair and neck???
    Kandy Muse. Bag of Tricks. Her best runway to date. Loved it. The bunny on the latex chest was super fun, the magic trick was very impressive AND TURNING THE BAG INTO A CAPE!!! That was brilliant. She gets major props for that prop. A+ look, kudos.

BOOT
    La La Ri. Bag of Bones. The idea is good, I love the bag round her feet, but the rest was uninspiring, and you could have gone SO creepy cool. Hair and make-up was giving me Angela Bassett in American Horror Story though. Noice.
    Tamisha Iman. That Old Bag[/i]. Make-up and performance 8, the look... 4. Pink and white are a great combo, but it seemed ill fitted.
    Olivia Lux. Punching Bag. The problem is Symoné did this EXACT idea week 2; and did it better. Unfortunate.
    Tina Burner. Brown Bagging It. Over-acted. Wasn't funny. I liked the bottles at the bottom of the skirt. The end.
    Uttica Queen. Doggie Bag. It was a fine idea, and I sort of got Dalmatian magically turned into a rich socialite. But it was all very mismatching. Too many ideas going on.
    RUNWAY TROPHY: . Bag Pipes. Rosé Beautiful. This is so wonderfully done, the right amount of camp meets fashion. Loved the school girl motif, with the fur hat and the pipes on the sleeves. Looks very feminine, very playful. The black collar to break up the pattern, the little school girl stockings sold the idea; and the silky ginger hair was stellar. Morgan McMichael's is SHOOKETH!

CATEGORY IS... MONEY BAG
    TOOT
    Denali. LOVE!!! This was EXPENSIVE! The epic train was bigger than several from last week (#shade). LOVE the one sided fur collar, the lining of the red velvet showing through the legs, the square red earrings. The hat was bonkers and I love it. Very Cruella DeVil. The fingernail with the cigarette was creepy, but worked. All beautifully paired together. And her use of the Coach Create was the most successful of anyone (the red matched, looked expensive, went with the outfit).
    Joey Jay. This bond villain was cool. I colours worked, loved the red snake rhinestones up the black leggings. And the feminine silhouette sold the boy hair this week. But that Coach create bag did NOT go with this outfit at all.
    Elliott With Two Ts. This hot red 80s power suit was great, with the white shirt and black gloves. Everything worked; she looked like a rich b*tch.
    Olivia Lux. Sophisticated, beautiful, loved the tie matching the lining. Coffee cup sold the story.
    Rosé I got the Bette Midler vibes, the colour of the bag matching the hair, the polka-dot suit was cool. It worked.
    Tina Burner. I liked this a lot, great silhouette, she looked like the CEO in For Love or Money (1993). BUT it reminded me so much of Eureka's 'hats incredible' runway in Season 10; just not as cool.
    Uttica Queen. Take off the large gold hoops rounds the boobs and this is a ten! I'm always here for a bob-cut.

BOOT
    La La Ri. The Coach Create bag did not go, but the idea needed to be pushed further. A "she owns everything" shouldn't be able to double for "going to church".
    Tamisha Iman. Great colour combo, ill fitting garment. Too literal.
    Gottmik. I've said it before, I just don't like the asymmetric half cut, bra out looks. The grey streaks in the hair was cool.
    Kandy Muse. I love the money head wrap. I loved the body positivity. I loved the money glasses. But WHAT did this have to "she owns everything"???
    RUNWAY TROPHY: . Symoné. LOVED! THIS! It's so wrong it's right. This hot pink shimmer plastic power suit, the goddess collar and the absurd Raggedy Ann red puffy side buns hair! The boldness of the slits in the leg. This was EXPENSIVE! And fashion! And stunning. Futuristic business woman eleganza extravaganza!
    [TO BE RU-TINUED]
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-01-2021 at 07:23 AM.

[PART II]

DRAG RACE TRIVIA: The first ever Ball winner was Ms... Bebe... Zahara... Benet. CAMEROOOOOOOON!!!

CATEGORY IS... GAG US, WITH YOUR BAG-US!
    TOOT
    Denali. I don't understand how she was not in the top, this Cinco de Mayo look was so cool, and MADE OUT OF BAGS! THAT IS NOT EASY! Love the hoop shoulder framing, the make-up was very cool and unique, in a way we've not seen done with this concept. It look well made, the choice to break up the pattern with the yellow belt and the framing were excellent. A stellar look.
    Elliott With Two Ts. The fact she made this shape and silhouette out of bean bags is EVERYTHING!!! The white with pink staining, the coat over the shoulder, sleeves, she made a purse for crying out loud! The styling was right on the money. THIS WAS SO GOOD
    Symoné. This is the perfect example of why this is not a sowing challenge. This is A TASTE LEVEL challenge. Understanding your body, your power colours, your accessories. This outfit was pretty basic, and not that well made. But the styling, the colour pallet, the red and white down the hair; the hair braided like rope to go with the seaside motif! No bracelets, no necklace, and little earrings. This is EXACTLY how you make a look work if you don't sow. Kudos!
    Olivia Lux. I think it's well made; it gave me Masters of the Universe vibes. I really liked it. It wasn't a gag, or even... that beautiful.; but a well chosen, clear concept. She-Ra realness.
    Rosé. It's not the most difficult of construction BUT she shaped it well. It spun when she twirled, which was very nice (movement is always fun). The choice of hair to give this dodgeball, sci-fi Valley of the Dolls nod was excellent. Like Symoné the accessorizing made this look so good (even if it's just gluing bags to pants and a bra).
    Tina Burner. Yellow. RED! I think it's well made, to do that out of a bean bag is impressive. I think it's a fun Street Fighter nod. The hair and hat work, the yellow straps work. Maybe needed a belt. I'm just so bored of her doing this colour combo. So bored.

BOOT
    Joey Jay. The colours and accessories and idea is there. But there is no silhouette. I liked the jagged shapes she made with bags. But it was... just not successful. That said overall she shouldn't have been in the bottom. It had taste, just not shaped right.
    Tamisha Iman. Oh Mama Tamisha. This was well made, it just... didn't go. This combo did not go, mama. So odd... her combinations were right on the money for the other two, they just seemed poorly constructed; here the construction is great, but the combination was just wrong.
    Gottmik. I think she paired the look with the right hair and make-up; the colour combo was good with the silver body shimmer. But I HATED THIS LOOK! This looked lazy. It looked like 2 hours work. It looked like she just tied silver triangles up ONE leg and call it a day. I just... it's so ugly, it tells me nothing, it looked poorly made. How the tuck did he win??? If I'm being brutally honest: out of 16 winning ball looks (across three franchises)... this is hands down the worst of the final looks. I'm sorry, I think it's great for his fans that he won (and the Ball challenge of all things) but this is one of the few times I cannot remotely understand this win. I genuinely cannot understand it.
    Kandy Muse. The hair was super cute, I really loved that. The make-up and wig line were busted though. And in this challenged she glued backpacks to a belt. The end. I don't think she should have been in the bottom 2, but bottom 3 most definitely for this mess of a look. There was little design. Little finesse. The silver choker did not go with this; the yellow high-highs don't read as first day of university. Or the purple dots in her eyes. It was just bad.
    La La Ri. This is the worst sowing outfit I think we've ever seen in 13 years of the show. Jiggly, you've been demoted; this was terrible.

RUNWAY TROPHY: Uttica Queen. THIS. WAS. ICONIC!!! I mean... WOW! This incredible sleeping bag hoodie, ruffled short jacket with a giant cape. The green on the framing, with the red pattern up the middle and on the train. This was Jedi warrioress in sleeping bag form. LOVE the diamonds on her face. The long nails. This was high fashion. This was everything. Utica had the best finale look by a country mile. This could be in a fashion magazine. One of my favourite ball looks of all time.

LIPSYNC
    LaLa Ri vs Joey Jay to Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" (feat. Charli XCX). Going into this LaLa Ri won her first lipsync, Joey Jay didn't. So it was clear who would go home. From the get LaLa is serving it with her movements, taking off her hat with attitude. Pointing with attitude. She just worked it but Joey put up a great fight. The way Joey stomped across the stage purse first was great. At points it seemed neither of them knew all the words. But I think Joey was his own defeater... Joey chucks the money in the air and STOMPS, it was so good... BUT LA LA... starts picking it up and putting it in her titty. And for me that was the decider of a close call. That spark of brilliance gave her the win.

OVERALL
    Meh. 36 looks and very few gags. VERY few. An odd mini-challenge, odd judging, and a good but disjointed lipsync; mixed with the horror show that is Kandy's narrative of the season. It's all so... ughh. I think these are great queens, I just have yet to have a great episode. Season 12 was soooooooooooooo strong, and this... was the worst ball ever.
    ~ rating: 2 out of 5 [grade: C-]

FUN FACT: Bebe Zahara Benet is the only queen to ever win two balls on the show (in Season 1 and All Stars 3).

NEXT WEEK... it's a dance challenge!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-01-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Goodbye, Trade of the Season. :'(

Kandy remains annoying. I'm just sad Tamisha lowered herself to Kandy's level with that very well deserved confrontation.

Favourites at this point: Rosé and Symone.

A bit late but speaking of Rosé and Symone... "How long have you had your finger in that dyke?" I literally laughed out loud and replayed it multiple times, each with the same effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The RuPaullmark Challenge: So every season we have acting challenges, and I'm sure it's a challenge itself to come up with something original. I loved the idea of the Hallmark parody, and it seemed especially timely, as this past holiday season was when Hallmark aired their first Christmas special to feature an LGBT storyline. I also liked the fact that they didn't use Christmas as the holiday.

However, after that build-up, I was let down. I didn't laugh at any script, and while there were definitely stand out performances, I thought this was going to be one of those instances where Ru looked at them all and went "Meh!"
    The only things I laughed at were Symone and that was not the script, it was how she played with the words. Her acting was... unexpectedly GREAT! I look forward to her Snatch Game.

As for the Trains for Days looks:
    Gottmik - loved the colors on her, but that was the only thing that worked. It looked badly constructed, and (IMO) it was barely a train.
    I liked Gottmik in the 'Meet the Queens' but - esp. after this latest episode -- I'm seeing so many say "he's fashion, he's fashion, he's fashion" and... I actually don't get it. I didn't like this look, at all. And (a little) offended that he intentionally did not do the challenge.

Symoné - I would never have thought to use a do-rag as a train. Super original, and she looked amazing.
    Denali - LOVED this look. The bright colors, the hair, the make-up, everything was top notch!
    Lala Ri - Mortal Combat ninja assassin viper queen - to quote you- there is no better way to describe this look!
    Kahmora Hall - This was one of my favorite looks. So well executed!
    This one such a strong runway, I think 4 STELLAR looks is a great runway. These were amazing, but Symone's do-rag... it's ICONIC! It reminded me of the 'beard's on the runway', such a strong, varied, beautiful assortment of stellar looks.

Kandy Muse - Once again, not impressed. She needs to go home and soon.
    God I hope so.

The lip synch. No brainer here. Denali worked circles around Kahmora Hall. I will say I was upset to see two Pork Chops in the bottom. I wanted one of the shady team to be there, so that a message could be sent. However, I was glad to hear Ru's comments to Denali. "That was so much fun to watch, I pity the fool who has to go up against you." Watch your back, "Team Shady".
    Agreed. I want the Pork-chops to slay and the 'winner's circle' (pffft) to be thinned out. Come on, Porkchops! We lost another this week.

Goodbye, Trade of the Season. :'(
    I know, he was a hottie out of drag. But on the show, he just wasn't killing it.

Kandy remains annoying. I'm just sad Tamisha lowered herself to Kandy's level with that very well deserved confrontation.
    It was so messy, but... I kind of LOVE Tamisha not backing down. Someone had to. The fact Kandy can read Elliott for filth then get SO defensive when the shoe is on the other foot is not cute. I hate hypocrisy.

Favourites at this point: Rosé and Symone.
    Mine would be Symone and Denali.

WE INTERRUPT THIS BLOG FOR A MUCH NEEDED ANNOUNCEMENT
    Do. Not. Send. Queens. Hate! EVER!!! Firstly, never wish death on anyone, period. That's just horrible. But Kandy Muse has been sent death-threats, HER MUM has been sent death-threats. This is not okay. This is not how we conduct ourselves. I know no-one here ever would, but it's important we all take a stand against this and publicly decry this behaviour. YES, she's annoying. YES, she's arrogant. YES, she's unlikeable. And YES, she's sometimes coming across as a bully. We can say that here, say that on Drag Race fan pages. But never tag any queen in a negative post. Never post negativity on their page. Never engage negatively with them. Just block her, so you never have to see her posts or thoughts or pages. And vent, vent, vent in spaces like this (which none of the queens ever read). But do not ever seek out a queen on their social media (or anyone for that matter) to send them hate. It's bad karma, it's negative, it's unkind and it's not how we (as people) should ever conduct ourselves.

To quote Alaska... "if you're sending hate at someone you think is a monster... maybe... you're the monster inside."
    #truthbombOFLOVE