Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Ray Fisher Slams Walter Hamada

Ray Fisher still at it:

https://deadline.com/2020/12/ray-fis...234662910/amp/

I supported Ray speaking out against Whedon because I believe in a professional work environment but at some point, he has got to move on. The investigation ended, people were reprimanded, Whedon is getting blackballed what more does he want out of this situation?

BANNED

Ray Fisher either has the best agent or the worst agent in Hollywood depending on how you look at it.

It takes some amount of guts to be as no-holds-barred as he is right now. I guess he has nothing to lose since Cyborg on paper doesn't have franchise potential and is obviously not on DC/WB's plate at the time being.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Ray Fisher either has the best agent or the worst agent in Hollywood depending on how you look at it.

It takes some amount of guts to be as no-holds-barred as he is right now. I guess he has nothing to lose since Cyborg on paper doesn't have franchise potential and is obviously not on DC/WB's plate at the time being.
    I thought there were talks of him appearing in the upcoming Flash film, so I don't understand why he won't stop as this looks like career suicide.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I thought there were talks of him appearing in the upcoming Flash film, so I don't understand why he won't stop as this looks like career suicide.
    Either way, this is fun since you rarely have people as upfront and in-your-face as this guy.

Really starting to feel like there wasn't much of anything behind the accusations.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

He is not working what exactly does he have to be afraid of? You might as well call out the system, It is not like he will have jobs lining up for him.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-30-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Really starting to feel like there wasn't much of anything behind the accusations.
    I think there was merit to Whedon as it looks like he's getting blackballed and there were others who did speak up afterwards insinuating that Whedon has been toxic for years and been getting away with it but I think people will defend Hamada as he has been a very respected person in the past. Even in the article referencing Hamada's supposed responses I thought he remained professional.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    He is not working what exactly does he have to be afraid of? You might as well call out the system, It is not like he will have jobs lining up for him.
    I can understand if he was slamming the system but it sounds like he was upset because he's not getting his way on creative decisions that responsibilty belongs to the director, producer, and writer.

BANNED

Sadly I cannot take him seriously anymore after he said, Whedon edited his skin color to make him look darker,

I have seen many beloved original whedon characters darker than Ray.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    As a young black actor in a franchise movie playing a character (Cyborg) who was elevated to the Justice League in the comics specifically by Geoff Johns so that he could shed heat about restoring the white guy as the main GL in the culure, I see his point of view. Cyborg didn't have any big ticket going for him. The Zack Snyder movie was his big break.

I mean either he speaks now or he speaks decades later toiling like Leonard Roberts did (https://variety.com/2020/tv/features...er-1234854439/).

Or you know what John Boyega talked about with Star Wars.

BANNED

If I was cynical I would say who is Ray Fisher and why should I care about what he says about a low- talent film creator.

In reality, I know who he is, but I don't get why he keeps getting his own threads here for saying silly stuff.

Incredible Member

fisher is just digging a deeper hole for himself,seemed to believe himself to be a bigger star than he actually is. now raging against the ceo of warners is just asking for them to drop him entirely on any furure project and put him on the blacklist for every film studios.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    As a young black actor in a franchise movie playing a character (Cyborg) who was elevated to the Justice League in the comics specifically by Geoff Johns so that he could shed heat about restoring the white guy as the main GL in the culure, I see his point of view. Cyborg didn't have any big ticket going for him. The Zack Snyder movie was his big break.

I mean either he speaks now or he speaks decades later toiling like Leonard Roberts did (https://variety.com/2020/tv/features...er-1234854439/).
    John Boyega does have a lot of evidence, we can also see for ourselves how things played out in the Disney star wars trilogy with Finn and Finn and Rey.

Ray Fisher's accusation has yet to be factually proven.

I think there was merit to Whedon as it looks like he's getting blackballed and there were others who did speak up afterwards insinuating that Whedon has been toxic for years and been getting away with it but I think people will defend Hamada as he has been a very respected person in the past. Even in the article referencing Hamada's supposed responses I thought he remained professional.
    Whedon is black balled? All I saw was him step down from a project a couple days before they announced the conclusion of the investigation. Abuse is a serious claim and I've seen no evidence for that yet. Whedon being an unprofessional jerk is one thing. But if he was outright abusive I doubt he gets to publicly step down from a project and that's that. Most of the stuff Fisher has gone Public with has been nonsense. Digitaly altering black actors skin, most people dismissed that off hand. He then made a big deal about how Joss wouldn't let him read the new script until they met in person. I don't even see how that's an issue. I know Gal wouldn't talk about it just mentioned she had an issue with him and they handled it then and there. If the rumors from way back when are correct it was over the scene where Flash Falls on her boobs. Gal refused to film the scene, so they brought in a body double I guess. Anyway unless something more comes out of it just sounds like he's a dick and didn't care for the actors input much. They're loved and praised directors who are dicks and want actors to shut up and read they're lines. Being a tyrant on set isn't something new. Abuse is where it crosses the line... still waiting on evidence of that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    fisher is just digging a deeper hole for himself,seemed to believe himself to be a bigger star than he actually is. now raging against the ceo of warners is just asking for them to drop him entirely on any furure project and put him on the blacklist for every film studios.
    Or not everyone cares about being a movie star. Doesn't the fact that (at one point) he had everything to lose by speaking out but did so anyway actually make him more credible?

That said, the accusation on Hamada is that he's basically a corporate stooge. Which anyone who has seen how HR deals with complaints at big companies--wouldn't be surprised that they are more concerned about protecthing themselves. That's unfortunately how things kinda work and not as big as the accusations themselves.