Default Is GrimJack worth checking out?

Just read something about this old series, was it any good?

Astonishing Member

He'll yeah. The quality dropped after a certain point (#50 IRCC) but the entire series is a solid read. The little lizard character actually made me feel sad for him. As a fan of shared universes, I loved how Grimajack connected First comics into a multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    He'll yeah. The quality dropped after a certain point (#50 IRCC) but the entire series is a solid read. The little lizard character actually made me feel sad for him. As a fan of shared universes, I loved how Grimajack connected First comics into a multiverse.
    ^^^Agree.

And it got got a second wind at issue 55.
    Ostrander teamed w. a dynamic new partner on art chores, Flint Henry, and was reinvigorated. They took the character in a new direction and everything really clicked all the way to the end of the series.

Ok sold! I'll check out the trades. However I noticed the trades are a little smaller than a normal TPB buy like an inch. Wonder why the smaller form factor?

That’s strange.
    I’ve never seen a trade of this book. I’ve got the series somewhere in my garage right now, though I may dig it out as this thread made me really nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    That’s strange.
    I’ve never seen a trade of this book. I’ve got the series somewhere in my garage right now, though I may dig it out as this thread made me really nostalgic.
    I think IDW and Comicmix did some omnibuses on them.