Default Batman Annual #5 (spoilers)

I picked this up last week, although I see that the release date was 12/29, weird. Anywhoo, I loved it, what did you all think?

I haven't read it yet, it's in my pile to be read.. I flipped through quickly looking at the art..seems really different to the current run...

I really dig it. I'm not sure of where Tynion wants Bao to go, but I feel you can really emphasize with him and how he just want the world to be... well... just, when it isn't.

Art was terrific, as was the conversation between Bao and Leslie. This and the Punchline one-shot were the best uses of Leslie in awhile.
    Cheers - CL

I've bought 2 physical comics this year, and this was one of them. suffice to say, I enjoyed this issue a lot. I really dig the way they revealed and properly fleshed out Bao's origin and motivations. I was on the fence but warming to Clownhunter before, this issue put me firmly on the Bao train.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-31-2020 at 01:52 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

yeah it was really well done. I love a good one-shot, and especially one that gives more depth and background to a character. I've started to really like characters like Bao and Ghost Maker. Sometimes I just really love characters with that Punisher type mentality.

That was a good book. The art was rad as hell. Keep it coming tynion...