Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    These are dope, looks like it's straight out of a manga.
    I think, if he gets enough story under his belt, they should definitely do a black and white ghost-maker trade; really lean into the manga aesthetic. I know it's gonna look dope colored but the black and white really sells the manga look.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think, if he gets enough story under his belt, they should definitely do a black and white ghost-maker trade; really lean into the manga aesthetic. I know it's gonna look dope colored but the black and white really sells the manga look.
    I mean, again, give me manga Cass .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, again, give me manga Cass .
    iunno, Cass feels born more of kung fu flick tropes than manga tropes. I'm sure her, Jason Todd, and Duke would work well the best (out of the Batfamily) in a manga context, I still think Ghost-Maker definitely fits the manga aesthetic better than all of them. I would definitely love to see Cass, Jason, and Duke in action in same manga style as these black and white Ghost-Maker pages.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    iunno, Cass feels born more of kung fu flick tropes than manga tropes. I'm sure her, Jason Todd, and Duke would work well the best (out of the Batfamily) in a manga context, I still think Ghost-Maker definitely fits the manga aesthetic better than all of them. I would definitely love to see Cass, Jason, and Duke in action in same manga style as these black and white Ghost-Maker pages.
    I mean, a hand-to-hand martial arts fighter in a comic kind of just screams manga to me. And she's actually Asian and has a very eye-catching costume. Ghost-Maker is basically vigilante Hakumen although I'm not sure if that instantly makes him more fitting for a manga aesthetic compared to the other characters.

I think Dick, Damian, and Tim would go well in that style also.

Or like the whole Batman mythos. If they can do an anime movie, they can do a manga .

I mean, a hand-to-hand martial arts fighter in a comic kind of just screams manga to me. And she's actually Asian and has a very eye-catching costume. Ghost-Maker is basically vigilante Hakumen although I'm not sure if that instantly makes him more fitting for a manga aesthetic compared to the other characters.

Or like the whole Batman mythos. If they can do an anime movie, they can do a manga .

Shiori Teshigori's Lost Canvas is awesome.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Shiori Teshigori's Lost Canvas is awesome.
    Now I'm thinking of the anime theme .

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I don't know how hand-to-hand martial arts fighter scream manga. That's not even a common trope in manga.

The hand-to-hand martial arts fighter seems more common in Chinese fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I don't know how hand-to-hand martial arts fighter scream manga. That's not even a common trope in manga.

Fights in Shonen manga are, and quite a bit of it involve hand-to-hand (with some powers or other hijinks involved, admittedly).

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

It's the black and white.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tynion sure is a fan of writing [that's a lot] maybe the batman writer should focus on Batman and not Batgirls or worrying about who gets to be Robin. Such nonsense. The majority of fans don't care. If they did then these characters would sell more and wouldn't need Batman. I appreciate that they are attempting to connect the family but he needs to just focus on giving us good Batman stories.
    This is my main issue with Tynion. He has made BATMAN---the flagship Batman title---feel just like his work on Batman Eternal: back up and filler story quality writing where 95% of the focus is on Bat Family members and everybody BUT Batman (he's even pushing his OWN characters more than Batman now). He did the same thing on his run with 'Tec, which was also very average, and after 50 consecutive issues still left me wondering if he could even WRITE a decent Batman. Still way better than King's run, though, so I try not to complain TOO much.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 03-12-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I didn't hear anything from TEC other than the creative team.
    I read Wonder Woman and X-23 from Tamaki and found both underwhelming.
    I JUST finished her Wonder Woman run and was not wowed or impressed at all. I have not read her Future State stuff, though, so I hope she does MUCH better on 'Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    He’s also in it purely for commercial reasons. After ‘Tec he was burnt out on Batman and in his afterward of his Tec run he said he didn’t want to tell another Gotham tale for a long time, but YOU DO NOT REJECT THE HOTTEST SEAT IN COMICS. He’s been quite frank that he’s creating all these new characters because they are potentially a source of future income.
    All of this is very telling. It also confirms what I already suspected: Tynion doesn't really have much interest in Bruce/Batman, which is why all of his Batman stories have always been about everybody else in Gotham first and THEN Bruce/Batman last if he happens to get around to him. When writers don't care about the title character and aren't interested in writing them, (most of the time) it shows.

BANNED

Im absolutely gonna hate the Magistrate if its there to give Batfam members fodders to fight against. I dont need to see more panels of Batfam members take down fodders.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-12-2021 at 04:14 PM.

I don't mind the new villians but I just wished they were for another character. Either a new Batman like Dick and Jace or another hero like Crimson Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't mind the new villians but I just wished they were for another character. Either a new Batman like Dick and Jace or another hero like Crimson Avenger.
    Or Ace the Bat-Hound.

And about "Dick and Jace", . . .
    See Dick. See Dick run. Run, Dick, run!
    See Jace. See Jace run. Run, Jace, run!