Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    For a Ghost-Maker series (limited or otherwise), I'd like Joe Quinones to be the artist. I reread parts of Dial H for Hero and his art-style is very malleable and I think he could pull off a mix between manga and the mood of a Bat-tangent comic.

I wish Harper was the focal point of the Jorge Jimenez variant to the Punchline Special. It's a comics-related hope that Harper gets a couple variants this year.

Well the new Harley Quinn on-going was already announced, maybe it's a Harley & Ivy series? As for the big moments bit, I'm wondering if having Barbara in Nightwing will set up a Batgirls on-going or if it'll be what starts a new volume of Birds of Prey? Considering that Stephanie and Cassandra are investigating Poison Ivy, my guess is that the Harley & Ivy will set up Batgirls and Nightwing will set up Birds of Prey. I'd like more with the Fox family. Harper getting a one-shot or mini would be great. I noticed after reading Batman Annual 5 last night that Tynion, along other writers, have slowly been gathering a memorable cast of characters in the Narrows. It'd make a lot of sense that a mini focused on that part of Gotham is in the works.

Yep, 1154 days. She was absent from comics longer than Stephanie was between pre-Flashpoint and the Batman Eternal preview in Batman 28.
    Based on the solicit of the Harley story in Urban Legends, it feels more like an issue #0 than it does possibly setting up a spin off. Especially since (I believe) its only a one off and not a multi-part story like some of the others. Plus Babs is going to be in Nightwing, Batman and Joker so I wouldn't bank on that setting up anything just yet.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Urban Legends will spin out other gotham titles and mini series: "Urban Legends is going to be a real gift. A lot of storylines will be seeded in that title before they break out into their own titles… There are also more books to come in the Gotham line as the year goes on. Big moments in the core Gotham titles will set new runs in motion in other titles. Backups and shorts might turn into one-shots and miniseries and series, and we’re working to make sure it all matters."
    Oh the non Batman fans in the other forum are gonna be pissed. Remember we're competing for space.
    That said I also already guessed that they're relaunching Red Hood from here. So I think that's one in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    I wonder how strong the Bat/Cat relationship will be in the future? I get the impression that both Tynion and Ram V aren't that interested in the relationship and are only doing it because DC's new kick is actually paying adherence to their recent continuity.
    I get the impression that they're ordered to stall it until Tom King can convince WB that Batman can marry Catwoman based on BatCat book sales, that's why there's that one year wait in story, but whether that's true or not, this answers my question in the other thread about how they're gonna interact.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    On Batman's current wealth: "I'm bring him back to being a less problematic kind of Wealthy. Bruce Wayne, Millionaire, rather than Bruce Wayne, Billionaire. He’s not so rich that he could effectively buy Gotham City and fix it overnight. There are a bunch of much wealthier people than him in the city trying to maintain their power and influence and Batman is from their world and fighting against them, he doesn’t have the ability to just buy and sell them and walk away."
    I'm actually okay with this if it means no more Moon Batcave

Well the new Harley Quinn on-going was already announced, maybe it's a Harley & Ivy series? As for the big moments bit, I'm wondering if having Barbara in Nightwing will set up a Batgirls on-going or if it'll be what starts a new volume of Birds of Prey? Considering that Stephanie and Cassandra are investigating Poison Ivy, my guess is that the Harley & Ivy will set up Batgirls and Nightwing will set up Birds of Prey. I'd like more with the Fox family. Harper getting a one-shot or mini would be great. I noticed after reading Batman Annual 5 last night that Tynion, along other writers, have slowly been gathering a memorable cast of characters in the Narrows. It'd make a lot of sense that a mini focused on that part of Gotham is in the works.
    There's a new interview on Nightwing, saying Batgirl and Oracle are there because the new threat requires the three of them, but that's it.
    Which story has Steph and Cass investigating Ivy? Urban Legends?
    I don't think Birds of Prey need that kind of setup, but then again, they setup Red Hood this way, and both Birds and Red Hood if I remember correctly are the lower selling titles. Birds lasted pretty long during New 52 and Rebirth but was eventually canceled.

Hoping to see Steph, Nightwing and Damian(if he appears) things here.. In the opposite case I don´t have reasons to read it.

I think that I heard that Harley will be RELEVANT and I hate her. Not interested in see MORE HARLEY if I don´t see a real reason to read the comic.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I don't quite understand what either of their view on it is, since they both seem uninterested based on what they've written, but also haven't split them up either. Now they're going to tie some stuff in their books together? Maybe this is a new DC mandate not to officially break them up or something. Maybe DC's just waiting to see what the impact of Bat/Cat is before deciding whether they want them to be tied together for good.

I do know that someone else would write them together really well in their own way (like TOM TAYLOR) and that's why I wish he could have had Batman next. King's take on them followed by Taylor's take on them (both love them together but write them together differently) could have really had a major impact on their long term status, imo.
    Corporate comics arent exactly invested in longterm romance.

Extraordinary Member

That they have a "bible" and are going for a more unified batman lines sounds good, that lets me at least hope that we see a better treatment of the rest of the Batfamily.

I'm just not sure if I want Tynion to be the one in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That they have a "bible" and are going for a more unified batman lines sounds good, that lets me at least hope that we see a better treatment of the rest of the Batfamily.

And who says the "bible" won't just be tossed aside by another writer of any of the other Bat-characters?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And who says the "bible" won't just be tossed aside by another writer of any of the other Bat-characters?
    Nobody, but last writers of the main Batman title we had didn't really seem to care much about the rest of the Batman line and the other characters, so this could be at least an improvement.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

Eh no thanks, the 90s batman line was hard to follow because of constant crossovers

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Isn't the whole point that they won't now? If they're actually putting effort into this so called unified line as Tynion said, akin to the X Books, consistency shouldn't be an issue especially if they have these monthly meetings like he says. I do like the idea, I'm curious on how well it'll be executed. Hopefully no more blunders like that Joker War Tie in, in Batgirl.
    Last edited by GSman; 01-01-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    Eh no thanks, the 90s batman line was hard to follow because of constant crossovers
    At least for the moment it doesn't look like they are doing another Knightfall or No Man's Land.

Tynion sure is a fan of writing [that's a lot] maybe the batman writer should focus on Batman and not Batgirls or worrying about who gets to be Robin. Such nonsense. The majority of fans don't care. If they did then these characters would sell more and wouldn't need Batman. I appreciate that they are attempting to connect the family but he needs to just focus on giving us good Batman stories.

this whole thing sound convoluted and frankly yawn. Problematic kind of wealth? the man uses child labour and we choose to focus on problematic wealth.

If Tynion wants to get real and tackle social issues then lets talk about the big elephant in the room. Robins, Orphans and how Batman is helping Gotham's minority communities. Don't go for wealth. The easiest and the least awkward social issues and faux pas present in the Batman myth
    I get they make money but can we have a break from Clowns and harlequins. It cool to see Scarecrow mentioned. I*'d like more of batman's other rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tynion sure is a fan of writing [that's a lot] maybe the batman writer should focus on Batman and not Batgirls or worrying about who gets to be Robin. Such nonsense. The majority of fans don't care. If they did then these characters would sell more and wouldn't need Batman. I appreciate that they are attempting to connect the family but he needs to just focus on giving us good Batman stories.
    I think it's fair for a writer on Batman to be invested in building up Batman's mythos and the characters around him. It's a good contrast with King.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

this whole thing sound convoluted and frankly yawn. Problematic kind of wealth? the man uses child labour and we choose to focus on problematic wealth.

If Tynion wants to get real and tackle social issues then lets talk about the big elephant in the room. Robins, Orphans and how Batman is helping Gotham's minority communities. Don't go for wealth. The easiest and the least awkward social issues and faux pas present in the Batman myth
    I get they make money but can we have a break from Clowns and harlequins. It cool to see Scarecrow mentioned. I*'d like more of batman's other rogues.
    I would hope that a writer likes writing? It's definitely a good thing to have everything planned up to build together instead of get dragged along as they have been. Having obsequious amounts of wealth plays an important factor in the role of Batman's interactions with minority communities.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yep, 1154 days. She was absent from comics longer than Stephanie was between pre-Flashpoint and the Batman Eternal preview in Batman 28.
    Are you only counting Bluebird appearances? Because Harper was in Tec 964, September 13, 2017, then next in Punchline, November 10, 2020.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Surprised Punchline isn’t having a comic of her own and riding the wave of support she got in 2020. Seems weird that we got the one shot and then she back to being relegated to a backup storyline.