Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

She looks like a Cyberpunk Character
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    She looks like a Cyberpunk Character
    Probably fits well then, since the upcoming Scarecrow arc is meant to have Cyberpunk themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Not sure how relevant this is to what you said but.

1. I like the character design for Mircle Molly... almost a tank girl feel. Plus I know a slew of babes in real life with this fashion sense. DC needs as many Harley Quinn or Punchline or Catwoman or whatever female lead characters as possible... woman are huge growing market in DC.

2. In the last 3 weeks a new employee started. He's 20. I'm 35.

We been chatting, we both read comic's, he's been exclusively Manga or independents... I'm mostly DC, some Marvel and independents... I'd never read Manga.

We agreed to begin book swapping... I gave him a few DC.

He lent me All You Need is Kill... first Manga book I ever read... realized 50 pages in this was the book that inspired Edge of Tomorrow with Cruise.

Long story short the Manga book was great and we are gonna regularly swap our collection...

Apparently it was his sister that got him into Manga books...

DC definitely needs to lure in young people to grow their comics fan base

Would also be wise for DC to do Manga art and story inspired works but with traditional DC heroes as a bridge.

3. Not surprisingly a slew of negative comments below yours... why so much hate for a new character? Her style is directly lifted from the younger generation... do people not connect with young people? Rave kids or festival goers? That's what Miracle Molly looks like anyhow.
    I think it's the lack of color on the rest of the art which makes her looks more garish than she is. But, honestly, as an almost thirty years old guy who mostly grew up reading manga, her look isn't that outlandish to me. Strange because her colors pop too much compared to the black and white but that's all.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"Her name is Miracle Molly. She's on the cover of Batman #108, which will be her first FULL appearance, and the issue that I think will make you all fall as madly in love with her as Jorge and I are. Jorge did the above as a color guide. This is just your first glimpse of her… There's going to be a lot more to come. That Batman 108 cover is going to be coming your way with the next round of solicits, along with some craaazy variant covers featuring her.

The Unsanity Collective are a high tech gang of thieves who use technology to erase and reset their memories, so they can let go of all the fear and trauma holding themselves back. Miracle Molly builds all of their hardware. She's unlike any of the other characters I've written in and around Gotham, and I fucking LOVE her. So I hope you love reading about her, too…"

Another new Tynion OC, Jorge kills it as usual with his character designs. Her concept sounds interesting also.
    Are we sure we're not missing any color from the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Are we sure we're not missing any color from the 90s?
    What about adding more pouches?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Because he sold really well dude, I don’t get why that’s not obvious. The book sells great under Tynion and that’s all DC cares about.

Fair enough, I'm not really a follower of the sales of a book. Didn't king sell well? Don't batman books well on their own merit. He interesting to see tynions sales next to kings. Is there dat for that ?

James Tynion IV's explicit plans to be pretty disconnected from the rest of the Bat-Family definitely concerns me a bit. But, hey, royalties galore!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    James Tynion IV's explicit plans to be pretty disconnected from the rest of the Bat-Family definitely concerns me a bit. But, hey, royalties galore!
    That’s the exact opposite of his plans, he’s actually making a effort the for while line to be a lot more unified with infinite frontier. I believe they do regular zoom meetings with all the bat group writers to ensure everything lines up.

That’s the exact opposite of his plans, he’s actually making a effort the for while line to be a lot more unified with infinite frontier. I believe they do regular zoom meetings with all the bat group writers to ensure everything lines up.
    "The focus of the central Batman title isn't going to really veer into a lot of bat family stuff, but the bat family is always going to be there to touch upon key moments." - James Tynion IV

Cohesion is good, but he's still going for those royalty bucks, man, gotta catch 'em all!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    "The focus of the central Batman title isn't going to really veer into a lot of bat family stuff, but the bat family is always going to be there to touch upon key moments." - James Tynion IV

Cohesion is good, but he's still going for those royalty bucks, man, gotta catch 'em all!
    Yeah. Tynion has already said that Bat-family members (apart from Oracle) won't have an important role in Batman title. He wants to focus on (his) new characters.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-08-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. Tynion has already said that Bat-family members (apart from Oracle) won't have an important role in Batman title. He wants to focus on (his) new characters.
    It's better this way. No more getting shot in the head in one issue of Batman and then having to deal with the consequences for two years in his own book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'll be fine with Tynion focusing on Batman and other characters so long as Detective Comics features the batfamily more heavily. the bat brand is at it's weakest when both are esstentially functioning as Batman solo titles, multiple titles with the same solo lead character is dumb to me. my only worry though is I hope he's not trying to make EVERY new character a Punchline or a Clownhunter where they're clearly meant to be around for the long haul. I'm a big proponent for new character but there is a such thing as OVERindulging. if he's gonna push Batman's existing support characters to replace them with what could easily devolve into stand-ins it defeats the purpose of this shared universe and runs antithetical to the spirit of Infinite Frontier focusing on brand consolidation and unity.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-08-2021 at 12:53 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I didn't hear anything from TEC other than the creative team.
    I read Wonder Woman and X-23 from Tamaki and found both underwhelming.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm in my mid-twenties; that must not be young enough to be in whatever demographic Tynion's aiming at here, because I think this looks like a mess. Every single new character Tynion's come up with so far feels SO overdesigned. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if the rest of Gotham looked this visually busy (and next to Punchline and Clownhunter she'll look perfectly in place, I guess) but next to someone with a simple, streamlined design, like Batman, it's going to clash so hard. The best character designs are the ones that feel timeless, with a few key colors and a couple memorable key details. Tynion's main approach seems to be "more is more" rather than "less is more".

She looks "modern", I guess, but give it another few years and she'll look extremely dated.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'll be fine with Tynion focusing on Batman and other characters so long as Detective Comics features the batfamily more heavily. the bat brand is at it's weakest when both are esstentially functioning as Batman solo titles, multiple titles with the same solo lead character is dumb to me. my only worry though is I hope he's not trying to make EVERY new character a Punchline or a Clownhunter where they're clearly meant to be around for the long haul. I'm a big proponent for new character but there is a such thing as OVERindulging. if he's gonna push Batman's existing support characters to replace them with what could easily devolve into stand-ins it defeats the purpose of this shared universe and runs antithetical to the spirit of Infinite Frontier focusing on brand consolidation and unity.
    I think 'Tec is going to feature Huntress, at least.

Tynion featured Dick, the Batgirls, and Oracle during the Ghostmaker story so hopefully he'll still include the Batfamily to a significant degree.