Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Default X-Factor #6 Preview

LEAH WILLIAMS (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
    Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    DEATH SCREAM!
    Siryn is dead. Again. And again. And again.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

LEAH WILLIAMS (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
    Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    DEATH SCREAM!
    Siryn is dead. Again. And again. And again.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Just gotta say it, Leah's X-Factor team is amazingly horny.

And I kind of love it? You can tell she's having a lot of fun.

Lorna drunk dialing Alex for the coup de grace.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Very excited for the upcoming Siryn spotlight.

Lorna's ill-advised voicemail made me cringe though.

Siryn. </3

I hope we get some nice characterization from her. If you think about it, she's had a particularly rough past couple of years. Losing her baby in X-Factor, her father, and turning into a mystical force for awhile. Speaking of, I still want to know how she went from the Morrigan entity back into regular old Siryn. I hope Leah gives us an explanation.

But yea enjoying X-Factor for the more home-y atmosphere. It's kinda weird how rag-tag this group (in that most do not have particularly close connections to each other before this book) is but so far it's shown the most heart of any of the teams outside of maybe New Mutants.

Typical Havok fanwankery at Marvel again, I see. As is typical, they refuse to acknowledge anything truly meaningful about her history, but they can always find a way to force him into anything she's on.

I know where it's coming from though.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

That cover is stunning.

Lorna girl, get yourself together. Please.

I was about to say, why is Prodigy flirting with Northstar

oh joy here come the rabid lorna fans who complain about anything written about her that doesn't say Genosha every 3 sentences to complain about the joke about drunk dialing Havok

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Siryn. </3

I hope we get some nice characterization from her. If you think about it, she's had a particularly rough past couple of years. Losing her baby in X-Factor, her father, and turning into a mystical force for awhile. Speaking of, I still want to know how she went from the Morrigan entity back into regular old Siryn. I hope Leah gives us an explanation.
    You might want to pay close attention to the cover of X-Factor #8
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    oh joy here come the rabid lorna fans who complain about anything written about her that doesn't say Genosha every 3 sentences to complain about the joke about drunk dialing Havok
    I'm multitudes.

Marvel hasn't acknowledged Lorna's history with Genosha in the comics in over 15 years. This drunk dial joke, alone, is literally more than they've done for Lorna and Genosha since then. Nevermind how this isn't the only time Marvel's done this thing of shoehorning mentions of Havok, they've done it constantly and repeatedly since 2017 (and I only stop there because of her two years in forced limbo; they did it to her on ANXF too).

What it comes down to is that Marvel can always find an excuse to bring up Havok, but they can never find a single panel in 15 years to offer even a throwaway line about what she went through on Genosha. This exact same line could've been a drunk dial to Gambit, for example, in following with the Gambit stripper she had at her bachelorette party in the 00s. But that wouldn't have promoted Havok and forcing him into Lorna's life for the billionth time. You may not like that I'm mad about Marvel acting like Genosha never happened to Lorna, but your not liking it doesn't change facts.

Also, curious question: has Havok having dated Lorna come up at all on Hellions? Even once? Even as a joke? I'm serious, if it has then it's good for me to know. If not, then why?

P.S. - I didn't even mention Genosha in my first post. I only said things truly meaningful in her history. Which, yes, Genosha is top among them in my view. Kinda hard to top surviving a genocide where millions of people died begging for you specifically to save them. But you brought that in. Showing just how important it should be, compared to how Marvel treats it.
    Last edited by salarta; 12-31-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

I am so very excited for this. I have LOVED every issue thus far and I just bought the trade this past Wednesday -- I'm only collecting trades of Marauders & X-factor currently, in addition to the individual monthly issues. I love seeing chill moments of just BEING. I love these down time moments so so much. Some people might argue Eye Boy insisting Prodigy read to him is silly nonsense but its the silly nonsense I thrive on. Gimme more. The sexual/romantic bits are tremendous. I am so thrilled with how well Leah is crushing this.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

What it comes down to is that Marvel can always find an excuse to bring up Havok, but they can never find a single panel in 15 years to offer even a throwaway line about what she went through on Genosha. This exact same line could've been a drunk dial to Gambit, for example, in following with the Gambit stripper she had at her bachelorette party in the 00s. But that wouldn't have promoted Havok and forcing him into Lorna's life for the billionth time. You may not like that I'm mad about Marvel acting like Genosha never happened to Lorna, but your not liking it doesn't change facts.

Also, curious question: has Havok having dated Lorna come up at all on Hellions? Even once? Even as a joke? I'm serious, if it has then it's good for me to know. If not, then why?

Re Gambit: Ooooh no, no, no. Drunk dialing an ex when lonely and wanting to feel desired or validated is fine, but drunk dialing Remy? A married guy? I dunno, that would make me think poorly of Lorna. Leah's been carving a trajectory for Lorna, from what I'm reading, specifically about identity. What is her identity? Do people KNOW her? Does she know herself? What does she want? Is she looking for purpose? Validation? Appreciation? She's on this team, of whom very few beyond Rachel (?) have much history with her. I feel that alone is saying something kind of intriguing. Anyways.... I think there is deeper meaning behind that throw away gag line about drunk dialing an Ex. I get that Alex is a great big red sore spot because ALEX, but... he really is THE romantic interest of her history, and I really enjoy seeing these character's explore their flawed behaviors and/or pasts.

Re Alex & Exes: Well, Zeb really slapped Alex with some CRAZY EX by way of Maddie so... they both have some controversial EX stuff going on, both in verse and from a reader perspective. haha. Sinister made mention too at one point I believe, about Lorna(?)

Re Shoehorning: I remember folks losing their minds about X-Factor NOT telling Rictor about HIS EX being on Mojoworld. So, this really is a case of you can't please everyone I suppose. Some believe its beating a dead horse while others the find the trajectory story-appropriate
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-31-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'm multitudes.

Marvel hasn't acknowledged Lorna's history with Genosha in the comics in over 15 years. This drunk dial joke, alone, is literally more than they've done for Lorna and Genosha since then. Nevermind how this isn't the only time Marvel's done this thing of shoehorning mentions of Havok, they've done it constantly and repeatedly since 2017 (and I only stop there because of her two years in forced limbo; they did it to her on ANXF too).

How is mentioning a long term relationship from a character's past "shoehorning"? It's a part of her history that any writer would want to acknowledge

Yes, Sinister mentions Lorna and Havok's past relationship in a crass comment intended to make Magneto mad against him during a council meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    You might want to pay close attention to the cover of X-Factor #8
    Oh was that the Morrigan? I thought it was another character lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    How is mentioning a long term relationship from a character's past "shoehorning"? It's a part of her history that any writer would want to acknowledge

Yes, Sinister mentions Lorna and Havok's past relationship in a crass comment intended to make Magneto mad against him during a council meeting.
    On the first part, it's shoehorning when a) stories work in ways to bring it up that aren't needed (especially repeatedly, as Marvel has done these past several years), and b) there are plenty of other things that have a greater need of being brought up but never are. It's blatant that Marvel's taking an angle that the most important thing Lorna's ever done and will ever do in her entire character history is date Havok, and they refuse to acknowledge her as having any greater historical worth than that.

On the second part, thanks for the reminder. I forgot about that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Re Alex & Exes: Well, Zeb really slapped Alex with some CRAZY EX by way of Maddie so... they both have some controversial EX stuff going on, both in verse and from a reader perspective. haha.
    Well thats Salart's point. Alex has another relationship that got explored. With Lorna, they almost always default to going back to him for her, but its not necessarily the case vice versa. Lorna didnt come up in Astonishing X-men or Bendis' X-men. I didnt read all of Uncanny Avengers so someone can clarify if she popped up there for him. He came up for her in ANXF, Blue and now X-Factor