16 32.00%
  • CW Supergirl

2 4.00%
  • CW Superman

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Don't hate him because he said, hate yourselves for not being brave enough to admit it.
    Insert meme "catch me outside how bout dat"

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Give season.....eight?.....a cold open. It's basically Superman without a cape and the characters are getting into their classic, recognizable roles. I doubt you'll love season 8 much more than you did season 1 or 2, but it'll give you a good idea of why people liked the actors in those roles, I think.

I'm not a big Smallville fan at all, by any metric, but Durance is still my favorite live action Lois Lane. I've loved Superman my whole life, but it was Durance who finally made me understand what Clark sees in Lois.

Oh, voted for the Williams theme and MoS, but I love all the themes listed.....except the CW ones, which I've never heard.
    I love watching Smallville but it's not a great adaptation of any of Clark's stories. However the characterization of his main cast is top level, and I love all the private and non dramatic moments between them. Clark Kent, Lois, Jonathan, Martha, Lex Luthor, even Jimmy Olsen for the few seasons he's in it. Lana Lang is the only important character that I don't really like in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I feel bad now. I forgot George Reeves Adv of Superman, Smallville, Lois & Clark and Superboy.

Where was my mind? I did remember the Ruby Spears theme, but it's a reskinned Superman March.

I'm surprised neither of the CW Supers have gotten a vote yet.
    I like the Ruby-Spears theme. It's interesting; it starts as a reskinned version of the Williams theme, but midway through it switches to something more unique, at about the part of the opening when the Kents find Kal's rocket I believe. From that point onward, it's more unique, though still clearly in the same vein, and this is also the theme that plays over the end credits and during the show itself as Superman's hero theme. I guess they only bought the music rights for the opening?

Superboy, I used to love the early first season theme song when it had the electric guitar joining the orchestra, but after that when the theme became more of a march, I liked it a lot less, funnily enough. The show inarguably got better after season one! But the theme song got a bit worse, in my personal opinion, haha!

As for Smallville, I never cared for that song, even the first time I heard it, but by season 10, it was long since a relic. The last time anyone listens to a Remy Zero song, it will be cause they were the last person to ever watch Smallville.

As a show, there's a lot to like and a lot to dislike about Smallville. Love its Lois, Lex, and Oliver. Sometimes frustrated with its Clark. But that's all beside the theme music point, haha!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Remy Zero was fun in the context of Smallville. They were a Smashing Pumpkins-lite band (I love SP) but they had a solid vibe. The Smallville theme really works. Smallville's whole soundtrack is a time warp of Y2K/early 00s indie. I mean that as a big compliment. It gives it such a strong sense of place.

I'm talking of the 01-06 show (seasons 1-5) of course.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-05-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Remy Zero was fun in the context of Smallville. They were a Smashing Pumpkins-lite band (I love SP) but they had a solid vibe. The Smallville theme really works. Smallville's whole soundtrack is a time warp of Y2K/early 00s indie. I mean that as a compliment.

I'm talking of the 01-06 show of course, it went off the rails with the creation of the CW.
    Remy Zero and Smashing Pumpkins? Nah, they were a dead ringer for U2. Not only did the vocalist sound exactly like Bono, the composition and instruments the band were right in the alley of U2.

I voted for the iconic march. I'd have voted for the Lois and Clark theme if it was an option.

It's between Superman March and the CW Supergirl theme for me. Ultimately I picked CW as I really enjoy it and the way they combined all the CW show themes for their Invasion and Crisis crossovers

Extraordinary Member

For me it's between the Williams theme, the Lois and Clark theme, and the STAS theme. I hear any one of those and I think 'Superman.'

OMG I FORGOT ALL ABOUSH THE DEAN CAN TERRI HATCHER SHOW!! That one wins. I still hum that one

Nothing touches the Superman March. I mean, there's plenty of others that are good in their own right but I mean...yeah. Its still no contest. That's not to say I don't think its capable to compose something that could ever compete, it just hasn't been done yet imo.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Am I the only one that likes Planet Krypton's Theme more than the Superman March? Even today, I think Planet Krypton's theme still fits in when I imagine a new Superman film, whereas the March really doesn't.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-10-2021 at 01:41 PM.

BANNED

Default What Is Your Favorite Superman Song?

I love Arcade from Man of Steel--

What about you?

I think Planet Krypton by John Williams is far more impactful than the Superman March, and it would actually work so well in a modern film with Superman.

Somebody SAAAAAAAAAAAAVEEE MEEEEEE
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8