• Man of Steel

16 32.00%
  • CW Supergirl

2 4.00%
  • CW Superman

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Superman is so lucky when it comes to music, though. All his themes are memorable and inspiring.

I voted for Fleischer, Williams Superman theme, the animated series and Man of Steel. All these themes are great and make me feel the wonder of Superman. The most iconic is without a doubt Williams. It feels more universal and captures the wonder and majesty of the character perfectly. Man of Steel is great too, but often it feels more specific to that incarnation of the character rather than general like the other themes do. Notice how most of these themes almost say "Superman!" in one part. It's funny and interesting.

Definitely adore "First Flight" from Man of Steel too. It's very riveting. Makes me want to cry for Clark.

All Star Superman is another favorite. It's really quality and makes the movie even better. That's what the more recent animated movies have lacked, great music.

And last but not least, I adore the Krypton theme from Superman the Movie. It feels so epic and majestic! It makes you feel you are going to watch something really special.

Last edited by stargazer01; 02-04-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    And last but not least, I adore the Krypton theme from Superman the Movie. It feels so epic and majestic! It makes you feel you are going to watch something really special.
    Yeah man! I honestly think it's nore powerful than the main theme, and unlike the Superman march it could still work in a modern film.

It's inspired by another classical composition but I think it's even better than the original

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah man! I honestly think it's nore powerful than the main theme, and unlike the Superman march it could still work in a modern film.

It's inspired by another classical composition but I think it's even better than the original

If you are interested in listening the part that inspired John Williams is at 2:10. It is much longer than the Krypton Theme and it gets a lot more interesting later on, but John Williams just has a better build up.

Bust listen from 2:10 until the end. It's an epic composition that really fits an epic Superman montage. I even heard a touch of Lex Luthor at one point.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-04-2021 at 12:15 PM.

I totally agree!

If you are interested in listening the part that inspired John Williams is at 2:10. It is much longer than the Krypton Theme and it gets a lot more interesting later on, but John Williams just has a better build up.

Bust listen from 2:10 until the end. It's an epic composition that really fits an epic Superman montage. I even heard a touch of Lex Luthor at one point.
    Yes I am interested, I just don't have time right now, but tomorrow I promise I will and let you know my thoughts. Thanks, sounds intriguing!

I just listened to it, yeah, I completely agree with everything you said! And the music reminded me more to Star Trek movie themes than Superman.

I feel like there's definitely some thematic crossover between Star Trek and Superman. Aren't Star Trek and Legion of Super-Heroes cut from the same cloth? Both are Superman's dream.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-06-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You can practically see him learning to fly as it swells. Really captures incoming epic of a Superman at the start of his life before hitting that iconic phase. Thank you for sharing this.

Glad others enjoy it and see the connection

Found this Superman tribute trailer today and loved it!

Really liked the choice of scenes and lines from the movies and shows. And the 'Save Me' song really feels right and not cheesy here, IMO. It makes it feels more modern. It's a good pop song for Superman, I think. I don't know, this trailer makes me like it more.

I feel like there's definitely some thematic crossover between Star Trek and Superman. Aren't Star Trek and Legion of Super-Heroes cut from the same cloth? Both are Superman's dream.

Thematic? You mean both are about hope for the future and the human race? I've actually thought about that since Superman and Star Trek are my favorite franchises.

Really liked the choice of scenes and lines from the movies and shows. And the 'Save Me' song really feels right and not cheesy here, IMO. It makes it feels more modern. It's a good pop song for Superman, I think. I don't know, this trailer makes me like it more.
    I guess I can't really be objective but I always loved that song, even if it was a little surprising as a Superman song. Who would've thought U2 would ever write a Superman song.

Thematic? You mean both are about hope for the future and the human race? I've actually thought about that since Superman and Star Trek are my favorite franchises.
    And about interstellar/ interspecies cooperation and acceptance of diversity (for the most part). As well as technology helping us be better instead of worse

I guess I can't really be objective but I always loved that song, even if it was a little surprising as a Superman song. Who would've thought U2 would ever write a Superman song.
    I think the band Remy Zero wrote the song not U2.

I think the band Remy Zero wrote the song not U2.
    Haha I know, but it sounds exactly like U2 to me.

Hum, where is the Smallville song?
    And the Lois and Clark theme song, the one with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher.