Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

I'll reserve final judgement on this until i get a chance to read it but outside of Misty Knight the rest of the characters in that group are widely regarded as either jokes or afterthoughts so to see Ben included with them doesn't exactly bode well for either his usage rate or the manner in which he'd be used in any future stories imo.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I'll reserve final judgement on this until i get a chance to read it but outside of Misty Knight the rest of the characters in that group are widely regarded as either jokes or afterthoughts so to see Ben included with them doesn't exactly bode well for either his usage rate or the manner in which he'd be used in any future stories imo.
    I think it's more to do with the fact that they are more 'off the map' type heroes.
    It seems to be following up on the plot where Tony is trying to get some underground heroes to help him.
    (It's one of the comics I pick up monthly, it's growing in me).

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

I'm no fan of Iron Man but I'm giving this a go...I like that other characters are guesting, good to see Patsy/Hellcat and I'll take an appearance by Ben, and Misty, and Gargoyle...the less said about Frogman the better...oh and a Korvac storyline, let's see how that goes...lovely Ross covers too..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's nice to see them remember Ben exists even if this preview seems to be taking him as seriously as Conan did.
    Seems par for the course for Peter and his clones appearing outside of a Spider book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Seems par for the course for Peter and his clones appearing outside of a Spider book.
    Unless it's Daredevil by Chip Zdarsky, who did write (Spectacular) Spider-Man for a while.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Unless it's Daredevil by Chip Zdarsky, who did write (Spectacular) Spider-Man for a while.
    chip makes Peter look like a badass in Daredevil which make sense since that book is serious all the time.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    chip makes Peter look like a badass in Daredevil which make sense since that book is serious all the time.
    There is occasional humor in Zdarsky's Daredevil, even if it's a kind of morbid humor, I think, or maybe I just find Kingpin going "beast mode" on some underestimating jerks darkly hilarious.

Astonishing Member

seeing Ben's occupation shows that he still operating in New York, if that was the case, he should had run ins with Peter since Spider-geddon even if they didnt part the best of ways. Shouldn't he had been included in the Order of the Web by Madame Web. Ben with Miles, Gwen, Jessica, Arana, NYC seem to have a abundance of Spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    seeing Ben's occupation shows that he still operating in New York, if that was the case, he should had run ins with Peter since Spider-geddon even if they didnt part the best of ways. Shouldn't he had been included in the Order of the Web by Madame Web. Ben with Miles, Gwen, Jessica, Arana, NYC seem to have a abundance of Spiders.
    christopher cantwell could not care less about continuity details lol
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Why? There’s over 8 million people in NYC.

Also, they parted on okay terms since Ben was “reset.”

Final also, wasn’t he still based in Vegas in that forgettable ‘Conan #2’ appearance last year? Maybe he recently moved back to NYC.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 01-03-2021 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Why? There’s over 8 million people in NYC.

Also, they parted on okay terms since Ben was “reset.”

Final also, wasn’t he still based in Vegas in that forgettable ‘Conan #2’ appearance last year? Maybe he recently moved back to NYC.
    It's possible, yeah.