Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    also, how can they change their type of God???

it's not like Thor learned thunder and lightning from a book and became God of Thunder
    Must have been a vacancy after war of realms. Lol

What i found most ooc was how thor talked to angela despite how she came off. I just dont see thor like that with women. I could be wrong but he was just ready to square up when i think he would have found it entertaining and just be like " thou must do what thou think is right."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Must have been a vacancy after war of realms. Lol

What i found most ooc was how thor talked to angela despite how she came off. I just dont see thor like that with women. I could be wrong but he was just ready to square up when i think he would have found it entertaining and just be like " thou must do what thou think is right."
    in modern times, it would be an insult if he said maiden or woman.

squaring off against female is equality my friend

Lol well i guess freyja did upgrade from the goddess of marriage and fertility to the god of hunt.
    Except that it isn't. It really isn't. A good writer could show you that, but that would take work. Better to serve up the "Grrrrlll Powa!" the lazy sister to "Girl Power"

Though i did laugh at the idea that here we are with the goddess of fertility and marriage and her husband has all these kids that apparently arent even hers. She should have been changed her title. The only thing missing from this issue was maury or trisha goddard.
    Her title has nothing to do with her husband a good writer could show us that. But Marvel will never show us all the mortals she has helped.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Except that it isn't. It really isn't. A good writer could show you that, but that would take work. Better to serve up the "Grrrrlll Powa!" the lazy sister to "Girl Power"

Her title has nothing to do with her husband a good writer could show us that. But Marvel will never show us all the mortals she has helped.
    I don't think cates is a bad writer. I think he kind of goes with the flow of others. Like the first 10 issues of thor felt like him, Thor felt powerful despite working for galactus, even certain parts of the donald blake story were strong and felt like thor was being characterized but somewhere it went from him defining thor as his own person and exploring his levels of character and power on the cosmic level to where we are now. It just doesn't feel like where it was going so i'm not prepared to just assume he is a bad writer i'm more just like "what happened".

As far as the girl power feels in it i think issues like this is what can make it confusing. Angela did not come off sounding to thor like a good or nice person and freyja came off as bitter for someone who is suppose to be in a new stage of her life and personally i don't think it's acceptable to take that attitude from anybody male or female but there are ways to handle it without what imo didn't feel like Thor. In the one sense it's like is the implication that because Angela is female she should basically just be able to threaten thor. That would be unacceptable had it been Loki or balder but i don't think Thor would have handled it in the aggressive way he did in the issue. That's just not how i've ever really seen thor when it comes to women, there is an inherent chivalry there but i can get in a world where you were taught to open the door, there can be a sense of confusion when even that is seen as being too forceful because not everyone conceptualizes or interpret on the same level. Like i get it and it's okay to still open the door for a man or woman it's just the nice thing to do, but i can get how someone else can think "i don't want to insult someone"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I don't think cates is a bad writer. I think he kind of goes with the flow of others. Like the first 10 issues of thor felt like him, Thor felt powerful despite working for galactus, even certain parts of the donald blake story were strong and felt like thor was being characterized but somewhere it went from him defining thor as his own person and exploring his levels of character and power on the cosmic level to where we are now. It just doesn't feel like where it was going so i'm not prepared to just assume he is a bad writer i'm more just like "what happened".

As far as the girl power feels in it i think issues like this is what can make it confusing. Angela did not come off sounding to thor like a good or nice person and freyja came off as bitter for someone who is suppose to be in a new stage of her life and personally i don't think it's acceptable to take that attitude from anybody male or female but there are ways to handle it without what imo didn't feel like Thor. In the one sense it's like is the implication that because Angela is female she should basically just be able to threaten thor. That would be unacceptable had it been Loki or balder but i don't think Thor would have handled it in the aggressive way he did in the issue. That's just not how i've ever really seen thor when it comes to women, there is an inherent chivalry there but i can get in a world where you were taught to open the door, there can be a sense of confusion when even that is seen as being too forceful because not everyone conceptualizes or interpret on the same level. Like i get it and it's okay to still open the door for a man or woman it's just the nice thing to do, but i can get how someone else can think "i don't want to insult someone"
    Nicely put jwatson. I agree. I have no problem with Angela or Freya as characters, but this last issue WASNT it. Its to a point where I hate to see them show up in a Thor story cause you can bet your bottom dollar Thor and Odin will be written like ****. It used to not be like that. They can be shown as strong, capable, opinionated, etc without taking away from other characters.

This run is my first experience with Cates so I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but yes this felt like a Aaron written story. I really liked the Galactus arc and the one after but this new arc...idk...I can't get into it. And smh at the fact two of my faves stay stuck in the same cycle of story beats: one is constantly depowered and the other always having hammer problems because no one know how to write them creatively. They both need to throw a huge KRAKA-BOOOOOMMMM at the marvel offices lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    ……….They both need to throw a huge KRAKA-BOOOOOMMMM at the marvel offices lol
    Someone needs to bring some much needed NEW brain power in there, the “angst writing” typical of the book supervised by Brevoort has run its course
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm still just waiting for more back-to-basics Thor that's just him adventuring again and not needing to worry about not wielding his hammer or getting into arguments with the people around him.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    my bet is both Gaea and Phoenix are his mothers.

you know about Laussa???

she has two fathers: Odin and Surtur and yet Surtur didn't really had... you know, with Freyja xd

it will be the same here I bet.

at least that won't destroy eveything.
    I really hope that is the case. To me, there is so much for a writer to explore regarding Gaea.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I really hope that is the case. To me, there is so much for a writer to explore regarding Gaea.
    Elder Gods in general are never seen anymore.

maybe once in a year when writer accidentally remembers them and mentions him/her.
    Last edited by GodThor; 10-05-2021 at 05:40 AM.

where is Asgard now? its own planet? still on earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    It's...somewhere? To be honest I don't remember Aaron focusing on it that much.

I think its back out in space

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I think it's still in oklahoma, i know it was in issue 7 i believe.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I think it's still in oklahoma, i know it was in issue 7 i believe.
    It is NOT in Oklahoma lol they moved out and turned in the keys a long time ago. He threw the hammer there to test his theory of whether anyone can pick it up and that old dude picked it up and called Tony.