Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I think they treated Loki too much like a punchline in Ragnarok. Like all his machinations and maneuvering and he just gets turned into comedy relief.
    Live action robs a character of their sympathy over time. I mean, Thor could only be expected to put up with his crap so long before it lost its impact

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Live action robs a character of their sympathy over time. I mean, Thor could only be expected to put up with his crap so long before it lost its impact
    I wasn't expecting him to be sympathetic, just that his taking over Asgard didn't get turned into a joke. All his machinations to get to that point and he just lazes away watching comedy plays while Asgard seems little different?

I still feel like we were robbed not getting the "For Asgard, For Midgard, For Myself" moment in Ragnarok.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Are thor fans liking the reveal/retcon that Thor is actually the son of Phoenix and not gaea?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

No we are not.

So they're really going through with that?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Are thor fans liking the reveal/retcon that Thor is actually the son of Phoenix and not gaea?
    Hell no!!! And looking at todays issue, it seems like Thor doesn't like the retcon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So they're really going through with that?
    Seems like it. but I guess we'll see in the next issue.

ofc.

why wouldn't we like that

No, Aaron is the only one who thought that was a good idea.

I can't tell if it's Firehair who is doing the talking or Phoenix when saying She's kept me buried deep inside her.

I don't think even Aaron knows xd

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I can't tell if it's Firehair who is doing the talking or Phoenix when saying She's kept me buried deep inside her.

I don't think even Aaron knows xd
    The cavewoman is the one speaking, she’s thor mother but just one aspect/avatar of the phoenix, it’s kinda like when the phoenix is attracted to scott because of the imprinting/echo Jean left on it, Anyway this is just further confirmation of Thor demigod status.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The cavewoman is the one speaking, she’s thor mother but just one aspect/avatar of the phoenix, it’s kinda like when the phoenix is attracted to scott because of the imprinting/echo Jean left on it, Anyway this is just further confirmation of Thor demigod status.
    thanks for clarification.

so basically Firehair's Phoenix avatar awoke during the Final Host arc because some... reason... yeah.

who knows, maybe Odin had Thor with her Phoenix avatar and not with her human host.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    thanks for clarification.

so basically Firehair's Phoenix avatar awoke during the Final Host arc because some... reason... yeah.

who knows, maybe Odin had Thor with her Phoenix avatar and not with her human host.
    But the maternal instinct belongs to the human host echo because she’s the mother, that’s why she’s presented as a central figure, she’s the one who gave birth to thor, she was buried deep within the multitude of voices belonging to the Phoenix’s consciousness but now her phantasm was able to temporarily re-emerge due to thor presence
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    But the maternal instinct belongs to the human host echo because she’s the mother, that’s why she’s presented as a central figure, she’s the one who gave birth to thor, she was buried deep within the multitude of voices belonging to the Phoenix’s consciousness but now her phantasm was able to temporarily re-emerge due to thor presence
    Idk I'm just trying to make it seem less dumb xd

Didn't she emerge because of Final Host thing???

I guess it reminded her of those old days when she fought Celestials with Odin so she emerged.