Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It was excellent. Because that's how Loki is depicted as being in various mythologies. A snake dripping poison into his eyes. And he's supposed to stay there until Ragnarok begins. I loved this issue and the arc. Lol
    That might make it authentic

But not necessarily good

As an ending

Of course as is seen by this thread, opinions vary

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The basic quest premise gives me reason to avoid these annuals

A tired idea overused imo

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It was excellent. Because that's how Loki is depicted as being in various mythologies. A snake dripping poison into his eyes. And he's supposed to stay there until Ragnarok begins. I loved this issue and the arc. Lol
    Yeah, and if the story were about Loki, it'd work.

But this is a story about Blake, who frankly has a legit beef with Odin and Asgard. He taught Thor humility and for that, eternity of torture?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I didn’t like how Don Blake was handled. Thor took away Odins dealings with Odins creation, Don Blake, which I thought was Odins responsibility. To me, a more satisfying ending would be if Odin negotiated with Don Blake a fairer transference of location for Blake, to say, Asgard, if Blake is Thor’s brother.

But for Thor to obviously see Blake as the God of Lies and let Loki make him so, was not considering the mental harm done to Blake by leaving him in a dimension like a doll for so long and not looking into see if he’s alright. Thor should have known this was unjust. It’s like Rick Jones sending Captain Marvel to the Negative Zone for years, and then not expecting to see Rick Jones punished for it when Captain Marvel escapes.

I would have wanted Odin to face the choices he made as the All father. Was it wrong? Was it malignant? Was it what Odin expected to happen as a challenge for a future Thor All father? You never know with these sky gods. They are tricky at the best of times. But if that which was done to Don Blake was on purpose, then we have to wonder what was Odin intending from this situation? If it was not on purpose, and Don Blake going mental was unexpected, what does a sky god do with embarrassing failure like Blake?
    Cause writers keep trying to screw up sky gods to be more like regular people. Probably because they have no imagination to conceive how a being who is thousands of years old would potentially perceive the things we view as "normal."

... so has the latest subplot of Thor's unworthiness been resolved yet?

BANNED

What the **** lmao
    So thor just gives him up to loki, and he knows its gonna be some sick **** and just.... lets it happen?

Im out.

SUMMARY OF THE LATEST ISSUE

I won’t have him killed, he is my brother, he deserves to live, I feel sympathy for him because he is a monster but a monster without choice, for this very reason I will not give him any choice and hand him to Loki for meaningless torture also I’m gonna make him god of lies forcing the role upon him just like it was done with Loki, ALL THIS FOR REASONS!
    P.s. **** odin the all-loser
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Angry

Okay, well, this issue has me seriously questioning how much more of Aaron aaroning I can endure. Aaron might very well be headed for my Bendis Banned List; anything written by Bendis or Bendis adjacent (affected heavily by his changes) over at DC I've recently decided not to read for the good of my blood pressure & mental health.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-21-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Okay, well, this issue has me seriously questioning how much more of Aaron aaroning I can endure. Aaron might very well be headed for my Bendis Banned List; anything written by Bendis or Bendis adjacent (affected heavily by his changes) over at DC I've recently decided not to read for the good of my blood pressure & mental health.
    Cates is writing Thor....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I must admit I’ve got to point where the sun and stars have to be in perfect alignment before I open the pages of a mainstream super hero comic.

(In effect I read them years in arrears...if a favourite writer stays on a character I like for a dozen or more issues and feedback here is good..I often risk reading the run. But the dozen issues has to be in bank first, got fed up years ago of getting a comic because I liked a writer only to see writer moved on a few issues later.)

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Cates is writing Thor....
    Ah, well, he's on my **** list now too. I honestly thought Aaron was writing both Avengers & Thor (still) for some reason lol.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Ah, well, he's on my **** list now too. I honestly thought Aaron was writing both Avengers & Thor (still) for some reason lol.
    They're kindred souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    They're kindred souls.
    no doubt

If I'm being honest most months I pick up a hand full of Big Two American comic books (primarily of the Marvel variety). I often don't even notice who is writing them (or sometimes drawing them lol). I'm more of a Manga and Indie fan these days.

They're kindred souls.
    Hahahahahaha!

I lowered the bar. I figured anyone was better than Aaron. Cates just pissed everyone off with that ending. I hope he threw a curve and has better plans for Blake down the road.

Ultimate Member

They're kindred souls.
    Not so much.

Cates respects Thor far more than Aaron ever did. His problem (Cates) is that he's great with setup, but he struggles with execution.