Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 440
  1. #316
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I think they treated Loki too much like a punchline in Ragnarok. Like all his machinations and maneuvering and he just gets turned into comedy relief.
    Live action robs a character of their sympathy over time. I mean, Thor could only be expected to put up with his crap so long before it lost its impact

  2. #317
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Live action robs a character of their sympathy over time. I mean, Thor could only be expected to put up with his crap so long before it lost its impact
    I wasn't expecting him to be sympathetic, just that his taking over Asgard didn't get turned into a joke. All his machinations to get to that point and he just lazes away watching comedy plays while Asgard seems little different?

    I still feel like we were robbed not getting the "For Asgard, For Midgard, For Myself" moment in Ragnarok.

  3. #318
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,782

    Default

    Are thor fans liking the reveal/retcon that Thor is actually the son of Phoenix and not gaea?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  4. #319
    Astonishing Member Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    No we are not.

  5. #320
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,338

    Default

    So they're really going through with that?

  6. #321
    Fantastic Member twisted sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Are thor fans liking the reveal/retcon that Thor is actually the son of Phoenix and not gaea?
    Hell no!!! And looking at todays issue, it seems like Thor doesn't like the retcon either.

  7. #322
    Fantastic Member twisted sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So they're really going through with that?
    Seems like it. but I guess we'll see in the next issue.

  8. #323
    Astonishing Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Are thor fans liking the reveal/retcon that Thor is actually the son of Phoenix and not gaea?
    ofc.

    why wouldn't we like that

  9. #324
    Astonishing Member Overhazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Are thor fans liking the reveal/retcon that Thor is actually the son of Phoenix and not gaea?
    No, Aaron is the only one who thought that was a good idea.

  10. #325
    Astonishing Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    I can't tell if it's Firehair who is doing the talking or Phoenix when saying She's kept me buried deep inside her.

    I don't think even Aaron knows xd

  11. #326
    Invincible Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    20,532

    Default


  12. #327
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I can't tell if it's Firehair who is doing the talking or Phoenix when saying She's kept me buried deep inside her.

    I don't think even Aaron knows xd
    The cavewoman is the one speaking, she’s thor mother but just one aspect/avatar of the phoenix, it’s kinda like when the phoenix is attracted to scott because of the imprinting/echo Jean left on it, Anyway this is just further confirmation of Thor demigod status.
    "Can we just say that she is a chaos magic avatar and that her origin is split across the multiverse? She has no beginning, she has no end, she exists to be the improbability of the cosmos. She's neither mutant, inhuman, sorcereress or otherwise. Everything and nothing." (Anonymous)

  13. #328
    Astonishing Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The cavewoman is the one speaking, she’s thor mother but just one aspect/avatar of the phoenix, it’s kinda like when the phoenix is attracted to scott because of the imprinting/echo Jean left on it, Anyway this is just further confirmation of Thor demigod status.
    thanks for clarification.

    so basically Firehair's Phoenix avatar awoke during the Final Host arc because some... reason... yeah.

    who knows, maybe Odin had Thor with her Phoenix avatar and not with her human host.

  14. #329
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    thanks for clarification.

    so basically Firehair's Phoenix avatar awoke during the Final Host arc because some... reason... yeah.

    who knows, maybe Odin had Thor with her Phoenix avatar and not with her human host.
    But the maternal instinct belongs to the human host echo because she’s the mother, that’s why she’s presented as a central figure, she’s the one who gave birth to thor, she was buried deep within the multitude of voices belonging to the Phoenix’s consciousness but now her phantasm was able to temporarily re-emerge due to thor presence
    "Can we just say that she is a chaos magic avatar and that her origin is split across the multiverse? She has no beginning, she has no end, she exists to be the improbability of the cosmos. She's neither mutant, inhuman, sorcereress or otherwise. Everything and nothing." (Anonymous)

  15. #330
    Astonishing Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    But the maternal instinct belongs to the human host echo because she’s the mother, that’s why she’s presented as a central figure, she’s the one who gave birth to thor, she was buried deep within the multitude of voices belonging to the Phoenix’s consciousness but now her phantasm was able to temporarily re-emerge due to thor presence
    Idk I'm just trying to make it seem less dumb xd

    Didn't she emerge because of Final Host thing???

    I guess it reminded her of those old days when she fought Celestials with Odin so she emerged.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •