Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

So, He's probably about to get owned by his own weapon again, it seems.

so I guess Echo confirms that Thor is Phoenix' kid.

good lord...

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

good lord...
    the good news is that as of the latest avengers issue Aaron has managed to ruin or put his spin into every single character that I liked (x-men, thor, phoenix, strange, avengers, thanos....) I'm finally free, now he can only touch stuff I never cared about and on the plus side I have never spent so little money on comics, so I guess my wallet is really grateful, Thank you Marvel!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

good lord...
    I get the sense that Aaron is on his way out. I'm sure Cates will fix it in due time

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I get the sense that Aaron is on his way out. I'm sure Cates will fix it in due time
    He "fixed" the hammer by letting everyone pick it up lol

I stopped reading after that to wait and see what happens before I buy/read.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

I mean, Thor isn't in the destroyer armor, he is remote piloting it using the raven, so no big deal.

good lord...
    So is this just a thing we pretend never happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this just a thing we pretend never happened?
    I suppose, what other choice do we have?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    the good news is that as of the latest avengers issue Aaron has managed to ruin or put his spin into every single character that I liked (x-men, thor, phoenix, strange, avengers, thanos....) I'm finally free, now he can only touch stuff I never cared about and on the plus side I have never spent so little money on comics, so I guess my wallet is really grateful, Thank you Marvel!
    LMAO congratulations.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-09-2021 at 10:26 AM.

What can I say other than, Aaron is going to Aaron.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I just wish Aaron would stop ****ing with Thor's continuity. I don't like anything he's brought to the table, and tying Thor to the Phoenix, one of the most overused (and badly used) plot-devices in Marvel, is just the icing in the cake. I feel Thor is in an abusive relationship with Aaron, and he could do with a restraining order.
    There's practically nothing done with Thor's character or mythos I like since the whisper, not all of that is Aarons fault, much of it is

It's put me off marvel comics completely, though they were doing that generally anyways

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    You would think writer's would be above being petty toward fans, but nah. Not really. I wonder, can anyone here photoshop an "Aaron baby"? Good grief lol.
    I've felt like there's been a lot of this in recent years, especially at marvel,. And using the product to expound personal world views and not in character or mythos views

Both are an abuse of the position of creative in my opinion

I know many won't agree with me , but that's just the way it feels

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    So. Very. Much. This.

YAS.

Thor's had some bad writers (and I mean, bad for Thor - not that the writer themselves may be bad) - and Aaron is that person for me. He just isn't my cup of tea when it comes to writing Thor.
    Copied because I could not agree more with this

Astonishing Member

meh

spoilers:
    Odin was wrecked and set straight by Jane lol. Time to take a break from Cates run. I'm not feeling it.
    end of spoilers
    That's the impression I got just from the previews

Whilst it seems a marked improvement on Aarons run I'm glad I skipped it from what I've heard

More nonsense with the hammer being heavy, more characters using it, more of him sounding a bit dumb, more of characters that respected him treating him badly

Glad I saved the cash

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Finally a kindred spirit!

Aaron needs to go to DC and leave us marvel zombies alone.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.