Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

well this is awful my condolences, but at the same time it's hilarious to have scott summers as thor's stepdad, it\'s such an absurd and stupid story it be funny if it was a comedic AU

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    He used Gaea's's power and references Her as recently as the empyre book. Even called himself Gaeason, so yea that creates so many holes
    Aaron seems to be riffing off Earth X too, with the Celestial corpse being responsible for all of the weirdness on the MU Earth. Which I doubt many writers will keep to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    meh

Greek Gods have sex with their brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts etc.

that's the least of Thor's problem.
    not marvel's gods though lol
    but yeah im just messing around with that one lol

someone on reddit has a theory (way too far fetched) that this Phoenix is Freyja because in mythology, she gets burned a few times but she is reborn.

that's actually Gullveig but scholars say Gullveig might be Freya.
    Last edited by GodThor; 02-02-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So Freya is the Phoenix is Freya...from a million years ago?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So Freya is the Phoenix is Freya...from a million years ago?
    Based on that theory, yes.

But it makes no sense and it's impossible.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

I'm praying that it's just a bullshit bait-and-switch and it's revealed to be a lie or something by the end of the arc. Like when Waid had Daredevil discover his dad was a wife-beater but then at the end of the arc had it revealed to be untrue or when he made it look like Hulk lifted Mjolnir, only to reveal it was just Thor calling it back it to him in the next issue and that Hulk wasn't worthy. I doubt it will end up like that given this is Aaron's shitty writing, but I hope it will.
    Last edited by Alpha to Omega; 02-02-2021 at 04:03 PM.

09:50

Damn, even he questioned Thor's parentage more than a month ago.

BANNED

This is a problem some writers come across. Marvel writers come in 2 ways really, ones that are afraid to change ANYTHING regarding the character and his history so they just write new stuff that doesn't change or challenge any per-established stuff about the character. And the other group are the ones that try to change/retcon established history of a character. Sometimes this can be done well and from a place of genuine caring as well as deep understanding of the character and his history for instance what Al Ewing has recently done with the Hulk and then there is the other side which is Jason Aaron who desperately, DESPERATELY wants to leave as much of a mark on the character he does changes out of pure spite and malice. This isn't his first retcon regarding Thor's mythos and i am afraid i don't know if it's going to be his last, either way i just wished he would leave the character alone. Can't he just go the way of Bendis and just move to DC? He can go and screw with Superman and Batman instead.

That would be awesome. He's hardly referenced anything happening in the avengers so hopefully he'll ignore it or retcon it. I'm remembering issue 1 he quickly did away with the destroyer arm and eye patch and said said that was Aarons Thor and he want to tell the story with HIS Thor, he can just ask quickly do away with this Phoenix mess.
    He hasn't even referenced the She-Hulk relationship (which only Aaron seems to care about).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Beware, The BatPhoenix!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He hasn't even referenced the She-Hulk relationship (which only Aaron seems to care about).
    Pretty sure even Aaron doesn't mention that romance.

Last time they noted that romance, it was during Empyre written by Ewing.

In Immortal She-hulk, it seems they broke up considering how they talk with each other.

BANNED

In Immortal She-hulk, it seems they broke up considering how they talk with each other.
    Good guy Ewing, always tying up other peoples loose ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yea no one really cares about that romance (or anything else he's thrown at the wall) except him

Yea no one really cares about that romance (or anything else he's thrown at the wall) except him
    But Aaron doesn't care about the romance.