Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

It seems like the writers and editors of today just do not know----really know----the characters nor do they love them the way us fans do----and it shows in their work.

They also do not seem to care about story and character continuity, character personality, powers, looks, etc.

I know that each writer wants to put "their stamp" on the characters, but there are other ways to do it that work. In this fan's opinion, this is NOT it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Lol I peeped that. How does that even make sense??
    Further proof that Jason Aaron has some serious parental issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Lol I peeped that. How does that even make sense??
    I guess Aaron is trying to say Thor is an abuser? You know the abusive husbands that "love" their wifes except when they don't cook the dinner properly and then they just have to smack them or something... I think Aaron is going for that personally because his writing is of that quality tbh.

At this point I'm just waiting on the issue where he trolls us for our reaction to all this

What do we expect next?

I wouldn’t rule out Reed Richards turning out to be Odin’s dad...after all Reed always has a time machine or two in basement of Baxter Building.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It seems like the writers and editors of today just do not know----really know----the characters nor do they love them the way us fans do----and it shows in their work.

They also do not seem to care about story and character continuity, character personality, powers, looks, etc.

I know that each writer wants to put "their stamp" on the characters, but there are other ways to do it that work. In this fan's opinion, this is NOT it.
    Very well said not to mention the ones that seems to be pulling plot points out of their @§§ just for shock value or what can only be described as spite.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I'm...I'm just flabbergasted.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

There’s another retcon from Aaron today, Jarnbjorn isn’t Thor’s but was the MCU synergy Valkyrie’s and was forged for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    There’s another retcon from Aaron today, Jarnbjorn isn’t Thor’s but was the MCU synergy Valkyrie’s and was forged for her.
    Yeah, sure it is .

I was just about to mention that.

she is also the strongest Valkyrie which is totally shocking...

does Jarnbjorn have a personality now?

This is just reminding me more and more of the later seasons of The Vampire Diaries. I do not think Aaron's Avengers run is going to be remembered for quality.

All you can say is that with the editors not caring about continuity anymore, the next big name writer to come along who wants to recon it all away won't be met with much resistance.

Ultimate Member

I thought we saw him forge it, or am I misremembering?

tbh, I'm not even bothered by that retcon much.

it was a terrible plot device.

blessed by Gods blood and it can slay Celestials lol.

on the other hand, I'm half expecting for Thor to jump in her arms and say how she was his inspiration to be a warrior.
    Last edited by GodThor; 02-03-2021 at 10:30 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Was that from the King in Black tie-in? lol
    "Cable was right!"