Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, it definitely makes him a demigod or a half step above a demigod now, which makes sense since Aaron is hel-bent on turning Thor into Hercules, which nobody wants.
    Thor's connection to his birth mother, Gaea, already made him a step above most other Gods.

Gonna be funny how this reveal is dismissed later, though

Extraordinary Member

Thor #301 should sue

oh well, he did tease something about this years ago.

not this retcon per say but it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, it definitely makes him a demigod or a half step above a demigod now, which makes sense since Aaron is hel-bent on turning Thor into Hercules, which nobody wants.
    This is why I can buy it from Aaron. Of course he would take an opportunity to reduce Thor's inherent godhood.

Unless the Phoenix is talking "son" in a symbolic sense but what would even be the point of that?

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is why I can buy it from Aaron. Of course he would take an opportunity to reduce Thor's inherent godhood.

Unless the Phoenix is talking "son" in a symbolic sense but what would even be the point of that?
    The comic book version of clickbait?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    The comic book version of clickbait?
    Potentially the Phoenix messing with him
    Attached Images Attached Images

I won't give Aaron benefit of doubt.

He wrecked Thor's lore way to much to give him a chance.

My bet is this will be something like Laussa who has two fathers and one mother- Odin, Surtur and Freyja.

Problem is, timeline is way off.

Considering this is supposedly Odin's greatest love, it's practically a sealed deal.

They only way it makes sense is if its a lie, as the Phoenix is choosing a new host and its testing every one

Cebulski and Cates defend this ofc.

Amazing Member

Even as a major opponent to anything Aaron. I actually think this recent "change" in Thor's origin story isn't totally stupid and wrong. Now bear with me here. I will try to explain why I kinda like this. But there will be some conditions to make this work.

I still prefer Thor's more Mythological origin being the son of Jord and Odin. But.

If Firehair/Phoenix 1 (Yes I'm calling her that), is the first mutant or one of the first alongside apocalypse. Being possessed by the Phoenix there is a possibility that she still could have a connection to Gaia, like a mortal avatar or some sort of bullshit. The Phoenix is life and rebirth, one of the universal constants in Marvel. It could be a cool thing to have Thor be connected to that in a manner, even maybe have my cake and eat it too. Maybe Thor could have three mothers? Phoenix+Gaea+Freyja they could each lend part of their divine essence to Odin and mix it all together. It also sort of kinda helps with distancing the issue of Gaea's absence in many modern marvel stories (even though Thor did a journey recently to come into contact with that power. Lol Aaron doesn't read other's comics) and have it be the Phoenix. I mean, it's not an inheritley bad idea having the Spirit of the Earth be a Mutant+Firebird. It's kinda cool in a twisty way of the Mythology.

BUT! I don't think the Phoenix is his biological mother. I don't think Aaron's gonna go that way. More I think she's as I said, part of a whole mixture of individuals. Odin wanted a son greater than himself. Then yeah mixing a bit of Phoenix in there with that Gaia-Spirit and then have Freyja raise him as her own. Hell maybe Freyja/Frigg (depending on who is Thor's mother in Aaron's head) also lended her spirit to the mix. Heimdall is said to have had 9 mothers in the myth, now Heimdall's origin is pretty unexplored so just snatching that part and applying it to thor would make him a bit more special. Hah. It'd also go hand in hand with Aaron's uplifting of all the women in Thor's life if he has ANOTHER super competent Mommy figure.

Still. It could be totally dumb as well. Aaron's surprised me before with how utterly less than mediocre his writing can be.

Quote Originally Posted by themarkus View Post
    Even as a major opponent to anything Aaron. I actually think this recent "change" in Thor's origin story isn't totally stupid and wrong. Now bear with me here. I will try to explain why I kinda like this. But there will be some conditions to make this work.

I still prefer Thor's more Mythological origin being the son of Jord and Odin. But.

If Firehair/Phoenix 1 (Yes I'm calling her that), is the first mutant or one of the first alongside apocalypse. Being possessed by the Phoenix there is a possibility that she still could have a connection to Gaia, like a mortal avatar or some sort of bullshit. The Phoenix is life and rebirth, one of the universal constants in Marvel. It could be a cool thing to have Thor be connected to that in a manner, even maybe have my cake and eat it too. Maybe Thor could have three mothers? Phoenix+Gaea+Freyja they could each lend part of their divine essence to Odin and mix it all together. It also sort of kinda helps with distancing the issue of Gaea's absence in many modern marvel stories (even though Thor did a journey recently to come into contact with that power. Lol Aaron doesn't read other's comics) and have it be the Phoenix. I mean, it's not an inheritley bad idea having the Spirit of the Earth be a Mutant+Firebird. It's kinda cool in a twisty way of the Mythology.

BUT! I don't think the Phoenix is his biological mother. I don't think Aaron's gonna go that way. More I think she's as I said, part of a whole mixture of individuals. Odin wanted a son greater than himself. Then yeah mixing a bit of Phoenix in there with that Gaia-Spirit and then have Freyja raise him as her own. Hell maybe Freyja/Frigg (depending on who is Thor's mother in Aaron's head) also lended her spirit to the mix. Heimdall is said to have had 9 mothers in the myth, now Heimdall's origin is pretty unexplored so just snatching that part and applying it to thor would make him a bit more special. Hah. It'd also go hand in hand with Aaron's uplifting of all the women in Thor's life if he has ANOTHER super competent Mommy figure.

Still. It could be totally dumb as well. Aaron's surprised me before with how utterly less than mediocre his writing can be.
    I don’t know if thor will turn out to be the phoenix son or not but I’m pretty sure you have given this idea more though than Aaron ever did
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by themarkus View Post

Apocalypse is a baby compared to Selene who predates him by 10,000 years. I'm surprised she hasn't shown up in Aarons Avengers

Also Fraction did the 3 mothers thing
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-03-2021 at 02:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Cebulski and Cates defend this ofc.
    I mean obviously writers and editors wont throw each other under the bus. With Cates especially since he has gone on record to say that he idolizes Aaron and credits him as the biggest reason he got into comics in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I mean obviously writers and editors wont throw each other under the bus. With Cates especially since he has gone on record to say that he idolizes Aaron and credits him as the biggest reason he got into comics in the first place.
    Not only that but they will team up in the near future.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Apocalypse is a baby compared to Selene who predates him by 10,000 years. I'm surprised she hasn't shown up in Aarons Avengers

Also Fraction did the 3 mothers thing

I didn't say he was Original. Duh!