Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Not only that but they will team up in the near future.
    Of course they are, I am surprised they aren't co-writing Thor as we speak tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Of course they are, I am surprised they aren't co-writing Thor as we speak tbh.
    they will once Aaron finishes up wanking Jane by making her the best Valkyrie ever.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Thor kills Galactus? Check.

Thor somehow entangled with the Phoenix Force? Check.

Anything else we can do for Thor to help stem the perception that he's so underappreciated/underused/unwanted?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Anything else we can do for Thor to help stem the perception that he's so underappreciated/underused/unwanted?
    Oooh... is that what they are doing now?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by themarkus View Post
    It could be totally dumb as well. Aaron's surprised me before with how utterly less than mediocre his writing can be.
    This. If a creation myth requires gold medal gymnastics to follow, then we're probably too far over our heels on the balance beam to recover.

The beauty and simplicity of Thor's origin is that Odin, Skyfather, mated with Mother Earth to conceive the Lord of Storms. That's it. Period. Don't f*** with that. Let's not muck it up by adding in the Phoenix Force, which is an entity older than Odin and worshipped around the cosmos by intelligent civilizations that lived billions of years before the Earth stopped cooling from the Big Bang.

Our characters are not better off for this nonsensical tale Aaron has brewing. Any sparks of light that you see are the result of brain cells erupting. The House of Ideas is hemorrhaging, one last fatal gash of idiocy.

ummm literally no Thor fan likes that or at least majority of them.

BANNED

Yea most Thor fans are not really happy with the way Galactus was treated.

The Phoenix thing is almost universal hated.

You could have brought his epic moment against Knull in the King in Black event, he was basically the only one that could do anything to Knull and arguably was winning until he got distracted and cheapshotted. It's been a long time since Thor was actually relevant/cool in an event, i mean even in the War of Realms which was his event he was kinda meh...

don't forget Aaron didn't do Odin's backstory yet.

some nice things will come out from that.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    ummm literally no Thor fan likes that or at least majority of them.
    You may be right, but I don't think Marvel believes it, since people keep buying the books.

It's early yet. Maybe in the coming months we'll see Thor kill Knull, the One Below All, whatever reprised version of the Beyonder they hatch, and, oh, let's not forget whatever analogue of DC's most powerful character (Spectre? Anti-Monitor? The Presence? Krona? Mr. Mxyzptlk????) they come up with in Heroes Reborn. Oh, you don't really think Thor is going to sit that event out as an atheist, do you?

I hope Odins real birth parents are revealed to be Kly'bn and Sl'gr't

You may be right, but I don't think Marvel believes it, since people keep buying the books.

It's early yet. Maybe in the coming months we'll see Thor kill Knull, the One Below All, whatever reprised version of the Beyonder they hatch, and, oh, let's not forget whatever analogue of DC's most powerful character (Spectre? Anti-Monitor? The Presence? Krona? Mr. Mxyzptlk????) they come up with in Heroes Reborn. Oh, you don't really think Thor is going to sit that event out as an atheist, do you?
    not sure what you mean tbh.

BANNED

I dunno if you are joking but some of these things are very unlikely and some downright impossible to happen lol.

Still i think Thor is doing fine outside of Aaron, he has had some brief periods but at the end of the day he is Marvels most popular heavy hitter next to Hulk so he will have great moments and unlike Hulk he appears a lot more in team books since he isn't a reject/loner character so he has even more time to shine there.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

LOL, I'll call the whambulance.

I think Aaron will be off the title at issue #750 and I willing to put money that all of this will be forgotten like Original Sins and all of the other ideas; moreover, we don't know if this is real or not - what if the Phoenix calls Gods "son", "daughter", "child" etc because she is technically a primordial power and can be seen as the mother of all?
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 02-03-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Amazing Member

This. If a creation myth requires gold medal gymnastics to follow, then we're probably too far over our heels on the balance beam to recover.

The beauty and simplicity of Thor's origin is that Odin, Skyfather, mated with Mother Earth to conceive the Lord of Storms. That's it. Period. Don't f*** with that. Let's not muck it up by adding in the Phoenix Force, which is an entity older than Odin and worshipped around the cosmos by intelligent civilizations that lived billions of years before the Earth stopped cooling from the Big Bang.

Our characters are not better off for this nonsensical tale Aaron has brewing. Any sparks of light that you see are the result of brain cells erupting. The House of Ideas is hemorrhaging, one last fatal gash of idiocy.

Oooh shots fired! xD

If this does happen, then I will feel very smug about myself because having read what he did and given the opportunity to use it/write for marvel, I would have been able to make a much better story out of it than he did. xD

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I hope Odins real birth parents are revealed to be Kly'bn and Sl'gr't
    Hahahaha, me too

Aaron is going to Aaron.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."