Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ..... so what bearing does this revelation mean with weapon worthiness? Or is it unconnected?
    Half of thor dna is made of chicken-stuff have you ever seen a chicken wielding a hammer?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Half of thor dna is made of chicken-stuff have you ever seen a chicken wielding a hammer?
    No, but I did once see a (thunder) frog, lol!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Aaron gotta' Aaron!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Aaron gotta' Aaron!
    Indeed he does.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not 100% definitive that you will get a mutant gene, no???

Times cryptic crossword clue today: “Times has often run leaders as The Thunderer” (4 letters)

(Take first letters of the first four words.)

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not 100% definitive that you will get a mutant gene, no???
    leave it to thor to be birthed by a ancient cave mutant woman (host to the pf) and not even get an x-gene to show for it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Really glad not to be reading current comics. These concepts sound worse than what a teenager would come up with.

It's amazing how two generations of writers tricked comic readers to think that a strong editorial board is a bad thing and ruins creativity. Not surprised considering actual continuity died a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Really glad not to be reading current comics. These concepts sound worse than what a teenager would come up with.

It's amazing how two generations of writers tricked comic readers to think that a strong editorial board is a bad thing and ruins creativity. Not surprised considering actual continuity died a long time ago.
    They are scratching the bottom of the barrel, years and years of creative bankruptcy will one day take their toll just like it happened over at dc

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I want to hear more about this story. Do you the current writing regime and the ones before them?

Also treating best selling writers like celebrities didn't help.
    "Cable was right!"

Agreed.

It’s “horses for courses”. What I’m primarily looking for when I read mainstream super hero comics is a well written action piece where the established characters act consistent with their known personality, powerset, origin, etc.

If a writer has a really good story that needs to be told that’s inconsistent with specific established characters...then write the story using different characters of the writers own creation...and see how well that sells.

When I’m looking for a writer to “do their own thing” I don’t pick up a Superman, Spider-man or Thor comic...I seek out original fiction.

Perhaps, I’m wrong (often am) but suspect most fans share my strong preference to see established characters written consistent with known characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Agreed.

It’s “horses for courses”. What I’m primarily looking for when I read mainstream super hero comics is a well written action piece where the established characters act consistent with their known personality, powerset, origin, etc.

If a writer has a really good story that needs to be told that’s inconsistent with specific established characters...then write the story using different characters of the writers own creation...and see how well that sells.

When I’m looking for a writer to “do their own thing” I don’t pick up a Superman, Spider-man or Thor comic...I seek out original fiction.

Perhaps, I’m wrong (often am) but suspect most fans share my strong preference to see established characters written consistent with known characteristics.
    Yes. All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I want to hear more about this story. Do you the current writing regime and the ones before them?

Also treating best selling writers like celebrities didn't help.
    Don't mean to sound condescending, but I'm not sure what you're asking in the first question. I'm going to guess that you're wondering if I appreciated the last "two regimes" of writing. I'll say that, generally speaking, ever since Quesada's reign as EIC with the Marvel Knights and the whole "Anything Goes!!" mantra, Marvel continuity went completely by the wayside. Some may try to be like "omg the sliding timescale" but continuity died a long time ago.

I'm opposed to reading a Thor comic to read a (insert writer name) story. I want to read a Thor story. If I wanted to read a creator-owned series with a specific voice from said creator, I would venture into that region. That's not to say that a clever writer cannot put his imprint on a popular intellectual property. A Roy Thomas Thor story is different than a Walt Simonson one, but there are core characteristics that remained constant thanks to said creators honoring the vibrant creativity of the original creators (Stan & Jack).

I would like your permission to use this as my new quote.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

So very true.