Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Don't mean to sound condescending, but I'm not sure what you're asking in the first question. I'm going to guess that you're wondering if I appreciated the last "two regimes" of writing. I'll say that, generally speaking, ever since Quesada's reign as EIC with the Marvel Knights and the whole "Anything Goes!!" mantra, Marvel continuity went completely by the wayside. Some may try to be like "omg the sliding timescale" but continuity died a long time ago.

I'm opposed to reading a Thor comic to read a (insert writer name) story. I want to read a Thor story. If I wanted to read a creator-owned series with a specific voice from said creator, I would venture into that region. That's not to say that a clever writer cannot put his imprint on a popular intellectual property. A Roy Thomas Thor story is different than a Walt Simonson one, but there are core characteristics that remained constant thanks to said creators honoring the vibrant creativity of the original creators (Stan & Jack).
    SInce Quesada? My dude, it has been this way since Shooter left, and in fact was getting like that pre-Shooter taking over, because Shooter thought of an editor in the traditional term, and not in the "underpaid, underqualified pseudo-project manager" role that an editor holds today. The job is out there for people who are willing to have such a low-paying, low ROI job.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    SInce Quesada? My dude, it has been this way since Shooter left, and in fact was getting like that pre-Shooter taking over, because Shooter thought of an editor in the traditional term, and not in the "underpaid, underqualified pseudo-project manager" role that an editor holds today. The job is out there for people who are willing to have such a low-paying, low ROI job.
    After Stan, Marvel was at its best with Shooter at the helm, imo.

So many great characters are toxic due to zero editorial oversight.

I truly feel Marvel needs another Jim Shooter style EIC to run the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I would like your permission to use this as my new quote.
    By all means, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I chose Quesada since his reign was the cherry on top of the "anything goes!" crap. To be sure, there was some major BS going on in the 90's, and I agree that Shooter was a great EIC. These days I imagine editors worried more about "Hey, let's tone down some of the dialogue, make it sound like Hemsworth" or something goofy along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Ye gods, just say NO!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

yhea, a pandemic and multiple lock-downs will do that to you.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    yhea, a pandemic and multiple lock-downs will do that to you.
    Still better than getting sucked down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole like apparently happened to so many other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Disaster View Post
    Still better than getting sucked down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole like apparently happened to so many other people.
    Those people were a lost cause long before corona stopped being just the name of a beer
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Thor is scratching his head

Somebody make sure nothing happens to Throg .