Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

I just wish Aaron would stop ****ing with Thor's continuity. I don't like anything he's brought to the table, and tying Thor to the Phoenix, one of the most overused (and badly used) plot-devices in Marvel, is just the icing in the cake. I feel Thor is in an abusive relationship with Aaron, and he could do with a restraining order.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I just wish Aaron would stop ****ing with Thor's continuity. I don't like anything he's brought to the table, and tying Thor to the Phoenix, one of the most overused (and badly used) plot-devices in Marvel, is just the icing in the cake. I feel Thor is in an abusive relationship with Aaron, and he could do with a restraining order.
    Aaron has been deconstructing Thor for so long that breaking him down is all he knows what to do with him. He also messes around with the phoenix too much, it doesn't feel special anymore. It went from being a powerful cosmic entity to being a fire-breathing Canadian Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Idk I'm just trying to make it seem less dumb xd

Didn't she emerge because of Final Host thing???

I guess it reminded her of those old days when she fought Celestials with Odin so she emerged.
    Yhea you are right, first the final host facilitated the re-emergence of the cave woman echo then her return brought back the mother’s love the phoenix is feeling for Thor...... anyway we shouldn’t be sprinkling sugar on top of this turd, it should be rejected in toto.....at least that's how I feel bout it.
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-04-2021 at 08:08 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Are there no higher ups in Marvel or they simply like this???
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Aaron has been deconstructing Thor for so long that breaking him down is all he knows what to do with him. He also messes around with the phoenix too much, it doesn't feel special anymore. It went from being a powerful cosmic entity to being a fire-breathing Canadian Goose.
    Last good Phoenix story was Endsong.

Everything after was bad.

Aaron continues this tradition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Yhea you are right, first the final host facilitated the re-emergence of the cave woman echo then her return brought back the mother’s love the phoenix is feeling for Thor...... anyway we shouldn’t be sprinkling sugar on top of this turd, it should be rejected in toto.....at least that's how I feel bout it.
    GOAT writing right there.

What's the name of that award for great writing???
    Last edited by GodThor; 03-04-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    After that whole She-Hulk/Ulik issue and his treatment of Thor in the comics, it feels like he's just having his fun with the mythos at this point.

You would think writer's would be above being petty toward fans, but nah. Not really. I wonder, can anyone here photoshop an "Aaron baby"? Good grief lol.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Did you guys see those photos of Natalie Portman on the set of Love and Thunder. She looks jacked!
    Last edited by Dipter; 03-06-2021 at 06:12 PM.

Yeah, Natalie is quite jacked

https://t.co/oI45GN2CMT

So. Very. Much. This.

YAS.

Thor's had some bad writers (and I mean, bad for Thor - not that the writer themselves may be bad) - and Aaron is that person for me. He just isn't my cup of tea when it comes to writing Thor.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Yeah, Natalie is quite jacked

https://t.co/oI45GN2CMT
    Holy crud, are those her real arms? I don't even think comic Jane!Thor had those kinds of guns .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Holy crud, are those her real arms? I don't even think comic Jane!Thor had those kinds of guns .
    yeah, it's pretty clear she worked very hard to look like this.

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...or-13#/slide/4

so hard to see Sif not being able to teleport.

only Jurgens respected her

Thor 14 Jae Anacleto cover

meh

spoilers:
    Odin was wrecked and set straight by Jane lol. Time to take a break from Cates run. I'm not feeling it.
    end of spoilers

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Honestly, this book is getting so boring... I guess I'll be removing it from my pull list.