Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Copied because I could not agree more with this
    Aaron is to Thor and Thanos what Bendis was to the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    the good news is that as of the latest avengers issue Aaron has managed to ruin or put his spin into every single character that I liked (x-men, thor, phoenix, strange, avengers, thanos....) I'm finally free, now he can only touch stuff I never cared about and on the plus side I have never spent so little money on comics, so I guess my wallet is really grateful, Thank you Marvel!
    I spit out my morning beverage when I read this only because it was exactly what I was thinking!

I am hoping that this is all someone's drunken nightmare that never happened.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Aaron is to Thor and Thanos what Bendis was to the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.
    BMB has saved me a lot of money at DC in the last few years

Some of the things he scripts seems genuinely banal , purile and frankly asainine, in my opinion

It's beyond belief to me that publishers and editors don't see this kind of thing and feint

In my view

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I spit out my morning beverage when I read this only because it was exactly what I was thinking!

Aaron is going to Aaron.

Or in Aaron's case when you don't like a character destroy everything associated with that character....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Aaron is going to Aaron.

Or in Aaron's case when you don't like a character destroy everything associated with that character....
    Yeah, he recently stated he is "having fun" with all of his runs and an interviewer called him a "big comic buff". I am glad he is having fun at the expense of all of our characters. Maybe he needs to go to DC?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yeah, he recently stated he is "having fun" with all of his runs and an interviewer called him a "big comic buff". I am glad he is having fun at the expense of all of our characters. Maybe he needs to go to DC?
    No way, they already have Bendis ruining things over at DC they don't need "Aaron the Destroyer" (Galactus, Brainiac, and Beerus eat your hearts out) to make things even worse.

No way, they already have Bendis ruining things over at DC they don't need "Aaron the Destroyer" (Galactus, Brainiac, and Beerus eat your hearts out) to make things even worse.
    Oh my. Destruction is happening in two universes!

Oh my. Destruction is happening in two universes!
    At this point using Aaron to smooth out a few wrinkles a character might have is like using a tactical nuke to wipe an anthill from your lawn. Sure, after you use the nuke the anthill is toast but so is your lawn, and your house, and the neighbor's property, and the street, and the block.....

At this point using Aaron to smooth out a few wrinkles a character might have is like using a tactical nuke to wipe an anthill from your lawn. Sure, after you use the nuke the anthill is toast but so is your lawn, and your house, and neighbor's property, and the street, and the block.....
    I know!

But at least he's having fun....

You'r my cosmic soul mate
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    You'r my cosmic soul mate
    Yes, for sure

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I really enjoyed Thor today. Nice ending!

And the best characterization of Thor from Cates so far, imo. The art by Klein stood out.

Now I'm curious about the next arc.

Ultimate Member

Well, let me preface this by saying that I like Cates' Thor in general. He 'gets' Thor, IMO.

But his execution? Wow, pretty bad.

The end of this arc is just baffling. It's needlessly cruel and doesn't fit thematically. A waste of an arc, IMO

Can you imagine Aaron at DC taking the reins for Superman, saying "Superman" is a title, giving it a woman, and turning Thor into a drunken, inept red neck? DC fans would lynch him. Heck, DC editorial would lynch this guy. As was said, I'm just glad he's not working on anything else I like. "Comic buff", pfft.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, let me preface this by saying that I like Cates' Thor in general. He 'gets' Thor, IMO.

But his execution? Wow, pretty bad.

The end of this arc is just baffling. It's needlessly cruel and doesn't fit thematically. A waste of an arc, IMO
    Exactly.

Thor should have allowed Odin to competely "end" the situation.

The end was needlessly cruel and I'm surprised that Thor would even allow that kind of thing.