Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    No, most of us were very wary of cates, what with him being a big fan of Aaron, and him having said he thought Thor was like if Superman was a jerk.
    I've always thought that people made too much of an issue of that. I can't recall a single time that one writer denigrated the writer of the series they just picked up. And Thor, while he has had some harsh moments, has been compassionate, regal and controlled.

He could not be more different from Aaron's Thor.

And while yeah, I'm getting tired of hammer issues, Cates has made it pretty clear that there is something wrong with THE HAMMER, and not Thor. He's had Loki lift it twice now, I don't know how he could be any more clearer

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I've always thought that people made too much of an issue of that. I can't recall a single time that one writer denigrated the writer of the series they just picked up. And Thor, while he has had some harsh moments, has been compassionate, regal and controlled.

He could not be more different from Aaron's Thor.

And while yeah, I'm getting tired of hammer issues, Cates has made it pretty clear that there is something wrong with THE HAMMER, and not Thor. He's had Loki lift it twice now, I don't know how he could be any more clearer
    Maybe I'm just super cynical but those preview pages is basically Aaron Thor. Facial hair, drunk, hammer problems.

I don't care about the context, it's just too similar.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe I'm just super cynical but those preview pages is basically Aaron Thor. Facial hair, drunk, hammer problems.

I don't care about the context, it's just too similar.
    Focus on the differences.

Thor isn't drinking away his problems, he's meeting the problem head on, and it's not an issue of worthiness

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    No, most of us were very wary of cates, what with him being a big fan of Aaron, and him having said he thought Thor was like if Superman was a jerk.
    The Thor is basically Superman but a jerk comment baffles me to this day...

Anyway i just want for all this hammer drama to be over with... Why can't we threat Mljonir like Captains Americas shield for a few years at least? Lets just treat it as a weapon and nothing else, i wanna focus more on Thor himself...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Focus on the differences.

Thor isn't drinking away his problems, he's meeting the problem head on, and it's not an issue of worthiness
    I can at least rest easy knowing the beard is temporary...

Honestly, I'd like to see an arc where Thor goes it without the hammer for a long period.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Honestly, I'd like to see an arc where Thor goes it without the hammer for a long period.
    Didn’t we basically just get that with Aaron’s run when Jane had the hammer though?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Didn’t we basically just get that with Aaron’s run when Jane had the hammer though?
    I mean, no weapons. Mjolnir, Jarnbjorn...etc. I'd like to see more of this...

I don't think it was long after Thor became unworthy that he started using Jarnbjorn...
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can at least rest easy knowing the beard is temporary...
    I know, right?! Personally, I thought Walt Simonson handled it quite well (IMHO):

Walt drew it brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Personally, I thought Walt Simonson handled it quite well (IMHO):

Hemsworth and this are the only times I've been sold on bearded Thor.

spoilers:
    I about fell out laughing at Cap's "You hit me.." to thor. It was just a really awkward scene. I thought this would be a good jumping back on point but it seems it's another story where Thor must put the hammer down but it does feel different in that this is by choice and feels like it's so he can come into his own real powers."
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I do think some may be disappointed though. If i'm honest there were certain scenes to me that felt like "was this set up just so thor could be insulted." like spoilers:
    the scene where he basically breaks down about being helpless at the table in front of everyone and then saying he had too much to drink. and volstagg responded as he walked out "too much." like he was mocking thor being extra. But that could just be me. I mean it's okay imo for a dude to admit he felt helpless. Though thor being pinned under his hammer and loki easily lifting it off of him i am sure is going to make some eyes roll back.
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I do think some may be disappointed though. If i'm honest there were certain scenes to me that felt like "was this set up just so thor could be insulted." like spoilers:
    the scene where he basically breaks down about being helpless at the table in front of everyone and then saying he had too much to drink. and volstagg responded as he walked out "too much." like he was mocking thor being extra. But that could just be me. I mean it's okay imo for a dude to admit he felt helpless. Though thor being pinned under his hammer and loki easily lifting it off of him i am sure is going to make some eyes roll back.
    end of spoilers
    I think
    spoilers:
    the scene with volstagg, I think he was implying that Thor hadn't drank enough, which ...makes me wonder about the scene with Loki. Was he in his bedroom? So he has an extra table in the bedroom with mead and food? I guess I have to reread. Now the scene with Loki though was probably played up for laughs. The part with the Avengers made my eyes roll...the dialogue was just...idk..weird. I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe I'll feel different on reread.
    end of spoilers

I'll take Aarons' run over Cates so far 10/10 times.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html