Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'll take Aarons' run over Cates so far 10/10 times.
    Same. A lot of it feels like a repackaged retelling anyway just with different beats.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Really dug this issue. I'm getting this sense of frustration from Thor. He's slipping into some type of depression. In the midst of that, he has some very deep moments. When Thor talked about his memories, likening it to a mortal remembering what he had for breakfast last year, that really stuck with me. So defeating Knull, fighting back the Phoenix Force, all of those big moments, were all distant? His conversation with Cap was quiet with a little bit of melancholy. He's happy to see his allies and friends. But how much time does he have with them? That's the question.

A great issue! Looking forward to the rest of the parts of the story.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I really didnt like Aaron's run after the God Butcher arc, and this run has been a roller coaster with ups and downs. I'm being patient with the run so far.
    One thing I did dig from today's issue is it seems he's taking control of the situation and not allowing it to control him. I think that was the difference between Aaron's Thor and why I didn't like the hammer issues. He allowed the situation control him. And Tien Long I too enjoyed his conversation with Cap.

BANNED

Wait... Shouldn't Thor be out in deep space looking for suitable planets for Galactus to consume?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wait... Shouldn't Thor be out in deep space looking for suitable planets for Galactus to consume?
    Galactus is dead.

Honey Galactus died a long time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Same. A lot of it feels like a repackaged retelling anyway just with different beats.
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I really didnt like Aaron's run after the God Butcher arc, and this run has been a roller coaster with ups and downs. I'm being patient with the run so far.
    One thing I did dig from today's issue is it seems he's taking control of the situation and not allowing it to control him. I think that was the difference between Aaron's Thor and why I didn't like the hammer issues. He allowed the situation control him. And Tien Long I too enjoyed his conversation with Cap.
    For me, personally

God Butcher stuff was legit epic and then the rest of that title was above average.

Once the Jane stuff started, it got a bit wonky for Thor, but the chief proble was the run just. would. not. end. lol.

So far, for me anyway, Cates run has some good moments that look cool when posted on Instagram, but the story has been below average since the beginning
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'll take Aarons' run over Cates so far 10/10 times.
    Agreed.

For all the hate this board gives Jane Thor's run, it was exciting and action packed throughout.

Same with his run on classic Thor.

So far, Cates run is starting to meander a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Galactus is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Honey Galactus died a long time ago...
    Okay, was this before or after the incursions and the eventual recreation of the entire Marvel multiverse? Also, if Galactus was the balance between Eternity and Death (Galactus representing Equity) who or what has taken his cosmic role in the 616 reality to preserve the status quo?

Great posts all. For me, Cates' writing has been satisfying. There are good moments in some issues (the conversation with Cap in the latest issue). Other times, the moments are grand and really stand out (Galactus and Thor facing off against that dark, nebulous monster). I'm still unsure about the ending of the Donald Blake arc. I'd expect Thor to show a lot more sympathy towards Donald. Indeed, Donald was a victim who had a severe mental breakdown. Yeah, he savagely killed characters, but those instances were understandable. There should have been punishment sure, but I would hope there would be treatment. Instead, Thor tosses Donald to Loki who proceeds to torture him. Say what? That's what heroic Thor does? Maybe I'm being too critical. Maybe it will pay off at the end of Cates' run. Maybe it's indicative of Thor's depression. Just a lot of maybe's there. Hopefully, there will be a payoff.

As for Galactus' death, where did this happen again? Was it in Thor? As for Galactus dying, this is what, the 10th, 11th time that Galactus has died, been resurrected, transformed, or altered in the last 15 - 20 years? Hmm, okay Marvel. Here's hoping we see Galactus again in the next Marvel Universe crossover.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Okay, was this before or after the incursions and the eventual recreation of the entire Marvel multiverse? Also, if Galactus was the balance between Eternity and Death (Galactus representing Equity) who or what has taken his cosmic role in the 616 reality to preserve the status quo?
    Happened in Thor #6 IIRC.

I've only read the first trade of Cates' run but Aaron's run is difficult for me to judge because, on an objective and technical level, the comics are fine and good but I just find some of the characterization and storytelling problematic as a Thor fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've only read the first trade of Cates' run but Aaron's run is difficult for me to judge because, on an objective and technical level, the comics are fine and good but I just find some of the characterization and storytelling problematic as a Thor fan.
    This is it. Top quality art and good emotional beats, but it blatantly not just character-assassinates Thor, but pretty much retcons much of his mythos to justify the story Aaron wanted to tell. Hugely destructive if you liked Thor as a noble hero, but actually pretty good if you don't care so much for continuity and the reputations of Thor and Odin, and just want a good story with a relatable protagonist (Jane).

So just gotta wonder, am I the only one who is loving Thor rocking the beard in conjunction with his current outfit in the latest issue? Because I’m loving that look better than the shaved face.