Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I get this feeling that whenever Aaron or Cates is writing Thor or the Asgardians, a bad heavy metal guitar riff is going off in their heads. Frigga charging into battle on top of what I assume is a big cat wearing machine guns should be cool, but it isn't. Same with Aarons avengers run. Ghost rider takes control of a dead celestial, that should be really cool, but it's not. Describing it is more fun than actually reading it.
    Quoted for truth.

Ultimate Member

Cates Thor run has been a bore.

I don't really like the whole Odin and Thor and Frigga family drama. Worse still, it just constantly makes Odin look silly and Thor is really coming off as flat out incompentent. This isn't the first time he's been King of Asgard and I'm not sure why he's acting the way he's acting.

The whole thing with Mjolnir is a non-starter. Thor has the Odin force, if Mjolnir is such a problem for him than he should forge a new weapon. Period.

Thus far, I would say Aaron's run is a lot better than this. Aaron's run had it's issues but it was never boring nor dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I don't really like the whole Odin and Thor and Frigga family drama. Worse still, it just constantly makes Odin look silly and Thor is really coming off as flat out incompentent. This isn't the first time he's been King of Asgard and I'm not sure why he's acting the way he's acting.

The whole thing with Mjolnir is a non-starter. Thor has the Odin force, if Mjolnir is such a problem for him than he should forge a new weapon. Period.

Thus far, I would say Aaron's run is a lot better than this. Aaron's run had it's issues but it was never boring nor dull.
    Modern comic scribes are pretty bad at character-driven stories. It's all about the plot for them, characters be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    So, did anyone read the latest issue? I don’t know what to think anymore. I was really enthusiastic about Cates on the book in the beginning but that enthusiasm has waned a lot in the last few months. We are told about all these revelations in solicits and shocking reveals, but nothing actually happens. I don’t even know what to think about the giant cat and the machine gun.
    Just more "making Asgardians cool and relatable !" nonsense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Modern comic scribes are pretty bad at character-driven stories. It's all about the plot for them, characters be damned.
    Exactly.

It's like decades of stories with these characters have been completely cast aside for something much less interesting. Odin for example has been a bit of an asshole (like most kings fictional or otherwise) but there was a lot of nuance with his stories back in the day (a classic example is how he handled Beta Ray Bill's/Thor's conflict when they first met).

Nuance is completely lost in modern day storytelling.

Exactly.

It's like decades of stories with these characters have been completely cast aside for something much less interesting. Odin for example has been a bit of an asshole (like most kings fictional or otherwise) but there was a lot of nuance with his stories back in the day (a classic example is how he handled Beta Ray Bill's/Thor's conflict when they first met).

Nuance is completely lost in modern day storytelling.
    It's the over-humanization of superhero storytelling. Trying to make the stories and characters as "simple to follow" as possible. Nuance is a lost art in modern culture, let alone storytelling art.

To be honest that just sounds like more of the same with Aaron, it's just the wacky and pure comic book ideas and visuals aren't enough to make up for it this time around.

So does Thor have, like, three moms now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ideally, it'll go back to just Gaia went Aaron flames out. Which should be soon.

I dislike Freya alluding to Odin's infidelities like they're a common thing. Zeus, he ain't

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ideally, it'll go back to just Gaia went Aaron flames out. Which should be soon.

I dislike Freya alluding to Odin's infidelities like they're a common thing. Zeus, he ain't
    Reminds me of when Aaron just threw out there that Thor had cheated on Jane and, like, never bothered to explore or expand on it at all .

Odin fooling around has, like, never been a prominent character trait or established. I mean, Aaron made him horny for the Phoenix but it never sounded like he was cheating on Freyja on multiple occasions.

Are we to assume him fathering Balder and Tyr was "cheating?"

if this keeps up, he'll surpass Heimdall.
    Last edited by GodThor; 10-01-2021 at 10:00 AM.

No freya just turned into a male, as per THOR latest issue she’s not a goddess anymore but a god (of the hunt), so now thor has 2 mothers and 2 fathers
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    No freya just turned into a male, as per THOR latest issue she’s not a goddess anymore but a god (of the hunt), so now thor has 2 mothers and 2 fathers
    geez

she called herself a Goddess in the past.

I guess this is equality lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    geez

she called herself a Goddess in the past.

I guess this is equality lol.

To a non english speaking reader like me this stuff sounds totally dumb
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”