Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there been a story where Thor is stuck on a distant planet where nobody has heard of his legend, and he's not automatically the strongest around? Just wondering.
    Hopefully this counts, but a personal favorite would be...

Thor: Alone Against the Celestials
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Thor:...ls_TPB_Vol_1_1
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-02-2021 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Exactly we got the full spectrum from patronizing to dismissive, I just don’t get all the acrimony Freya and Angela keep spitting out of their pores at every turn, it’s tiresome.
    they deserve that in a way cause they are arrogant pricks for the last 10 years (at least Odin) while Thor became like this just recently.

however, to be treated like this by this two Godde... oh sorry, Gods, is dumb asf.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hopefully this counts, but a personal favorite would be...

Thor: Alone Against the Celestials
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Thor:...ls_TPB_Vol_1_1
    One hero alone, against impossible odds!

Good arc, wish we had more like it around these days instead of arcs that go nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic, but some on. America elected Trump, the first racist president! (in that racism was his main feature, not a flaw. Wonder how many people are gonna overlook this explanation in reply).

Some people get too passionate, and can't see the forest for the trees.
    So true. Funny to think that Aaron, who originates from the bible thumping south, a self professed atheist and ostensibly more enlightened is apparently anything but, lol.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I've brought this up before but it always seemed disingenous to me that Jane is made out to be so perfect and competent at being Thor, with virtually no character flaws, while Aaron kept piling on the difficulties and issues with the guy whose name she was borrowing.
    Jane, Aaron's own personal Mary Sue. I was so impressed at Aaron's early rendition of Thor during the Gorr arc...and then it all turned south with Jane so abruptly.

*sigh*
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Exactly we got the full spectrum from patronizing to dismissive, I just don’t get all the acrimony Freya and Angela keep spitting out of their pores at every turn, it’s tiresome.
    I'm old enough to remember when Angela was cool, but that was a different Angela. This is the trash-ass Marvel version. It's like watching someone buy a new corvette and then the first thing they do is crash it into a wall. Say what you will about DC but they do a much better job with the characters they buy.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-02-2021 at 02:19 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm old enough to remember when Angela was cool, but that was a different Angela. This is the trash-ass Marvel version. It's like watching someone buy a new corvette and then the first thing they do is crash it into a wall.
    I will admit, she is annoying.

She wasn't that cool to begin with, but the whole 'True heir to the throne' is older each time it's brought up.

I hope some character points out that no one would follow her over Thor.

I will admit, she is annoying.

She wasn't that cool to begin with, but the whole 'True heir to the throne' is older each time it's brought up.

I hope some character points out that no one would follow her over Thor.
    Neil Gaiman: Want to buy Angela?

Marvel: Wow really? But isn't that character worthless outside the Spawnverse?

Neil Gaiman: Yes

Marvel: Good enough for us! It's not like you would lie to us. Here's the money!

Neil Gaiman: Thanks. Want some magic beans?

Marvel: Are they really magic?

Neil Gaiman: no

Marvel: Okay! Here, take more money!
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-02-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Angela?

Uhh..she was ALWAYS annoying.

Her first appearance in Spawn was pretending to be sexually assaulted by an ogre and then killed Medieval Spawn.

I hated her right there and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Angela?

Her first appearance in Spawn was pretending to be sexually assaulted by an ogre and then killed Medieval Spawn.

I liked IMAGE Angela. If it's one thing we can all agree on, it's that Marvel Angela is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Angela?

Angela was enough to make me check out Bendis's Guardians run. Which was also a directionless mess that got held up by great art and movie hype. He didn't do much with her then, and it doesn't seem like much happened since rejoining her family on Asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Angela was enough to make me check out Bendis's Guardians run. Which was also a directionless mess that got held up by great art and movie hype. He didn't do much with her then, and it doesn't seem like much happened since rejoining her family on Asgard.
    Except they aren't her family. Marvel just lazily handed her Hela's MCU origin. DC would have been the better universe for the character because they have no problem with heaven and hell. Contrast this with Marvel...that had such a problem with heaven THAT THEY MADE IT A PART OF ASGARD!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Except they aren't her family. Marvel just lazily handed her Hela's MCU origin. DC would have been the better universe for the character because they have no problem with heaven and hell. Contrast this with Marvel...that had such a problem with heaven THAT THEY MADE IT A PART OF ASGARD!
    It;s Heven, totally different

But yeah, Marvel is far more careful when handling Christian mythology. Angels aplenty, but all supporting characters.

Meanwhile, DC...Spectre!

can anyone point out when Freyja/Frigga began to not be portrayed as matronly and more action-prone?

Ultimate Member

It;s Heven, totally different

But yeah, Marvel is far more careful when handling Christian mythology. Angels aplenty, but all supporting characters.

Meanwhile, DC...Spectre!
    DC has a very strange connection with religion.

It's like their universe is "christian" based.