Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    It is NOT in Oklahoma lol they moved out and turned in the keys a long time ago. He threw the hammer there to test his theory of whether anyone can pick it up and that old dude picked it up and called Tony.
    I stand corrected. Thanks for the info, i know Oklahoma played some part in issue 7. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

No problem. I remember that arc because him telling Tony with or without his hammer he's still the god of thunder and leaving that firery crater is one of my favorite scenes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still just waiting for more back-to-basics Thor that's just him adventuring again and not needing to worry about not wielding his hammer or getting into arguments with the people around him.
    Exactly.

Too much time is being spent on "deconstruction".

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Too much time is being spent on "deconstruction".
    If anyone needed a back-to-basics run after a lengthy run it was Thor in my opinion.

At least we got his look back.

Has anyone read Dark Ages? Is it any good? Is Thor involved?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Has anyone read Dark Ages? Is it any good? Is Thor involved?
    It's good for what it is (i.e if Tom Taylor is your cup of tea because his alternate universe work always goes to some very dark and distasteful places).

But Thor isn't involved at all yet thus far.

Captain Carter from What If gave me some Jane!Thor vibes where you basically just gender-flip the main hero and treat everything as basically the same...except the character is a woman (and in Peggy's case, is stereotypically British).

Captain Carter from What If gave me some Jane!Thor vibes where you basically just gender-flip the main hero and treat everything as basically the same...except the character is a woman (and in Peggy's case, is stereotypically British).
    Well, I don't know about that, I think Peggy was slightly quippier than Steve I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting tired of the quips. It's almost as if characters in the MCU are incapable of having a sincere conversation with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, I don't know about that, I think Peggy was slightly quippier than Steve I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting tired of the quips. It's almost as if characters in the MCU are incapable of having a sincere conversation with one another.
    I do remember that scene of her getting transported and spouting a bunch of British curse words, which Steve definitely wouldn't do .

I really didn't like how much of a joke Party Thor was. But with the MCU it's always 75% quips and funny moments.

I do remember that scene of her getting transported and spouting a bunch of British curse words, which Steve definitely wouldn't do .

I really didn't like how much of a joke Party Thor was. But with the MCU it's always 75% quips and funny moments.
    Hemsworth's Thor has essentially been a superpowered frat boy since Ragnarok. What if? Thor was just the logical conclusion. Except with Runes instead of Greek Letters. Which makes me wonder about frats in Nordic countries.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Hemsworth's Thor has essentially been a superpowered frat boy since Ragnarok. What if? Thor was just the logical conclusion. Except with Runes instead of Greek Letters. Which makes me wonder about frats in Nordic countries.
    For parts of Endgame. During Infinity War, he was laser focused. Then, after the snap and killing Thanos, he fell into a depression that he tried to hide behind humor.

Not the greatest arc, but I do appreciate that it directly refuted Aaron's Thor, by having him still be worthy despite his depression.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    For parts of Endgame. During Infinity War, he was laser focused. Then, after the snap and killing Thanos, he fell into a depression that he tried to hide behind humor.

Not the greatest arc, but I do appreciate that it directly refuted Aaron's Thor, by having him still be worthy despite his depression.
    To be honest I feel like part of that was just so Cap could get Mjolnir. I mean, he never really acted worthy otherwise.

Ultimate Member

To be honest I feel like part of that was just so Cap could get Mjolnir. I mean, he never really acted worthy otherwise.
    The point was that he never stopped being worthy. In the final fight, Thor was the only one left standing after Thanos' barrage and did pretty well, all things considered

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The point was that he never stopped being worthy. In the final fight, Thor was the only one left standing after Thanos' barrage and did pretty well, all things considered
    I feel like that got overshadowed by Cap picking up the hammer though.

Ultimate Member

If anyone needed a back-to-basics run after a lengthy run it was Thor in my opinion.

At least we got his look back.
    Agreed, but they don't seem to do that these days. All arcs have to matter to be shoved into a trade, yet without toning things down, without deescalating, the arc will be meaningless because it just returns us to the usual status qou