Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    to be honest I hate it but I'm beyond caring about this garbage, if the editors at marvel enjoy being the laughing stock of the industry who am I to stop them!?!.......Do you reckon this will put a new spin on thor's fashion choices when it comes to the hot-wings adorning his helm?
    LMAO true.

I wonder if he will get fire powers.
    Last edited by GodThor; 02-02-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So wait, does this mean that Thor and Rachel Summers are half siblings? Claremont was on record, but not in the books, that he intended Rachel to be the offspring of Jean and the Phoenix Force from 811. Is this why she could get into his mind easier than others during AvX???

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thor fans have my deepest and sincerest sympathies in these dark and troublesome days. You both did nothing to deserve this misfortune. I would not wish the fire albatross on my worst enemy for fear of them becoming useless and irrelevant.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't expect it to last long. I don't see Thor's franchise's mythos being beholden to a separate one for that long

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wouldn't expect it to last long. I don't see Thor's franchise's mythos being beholden to a separate one for that long
    It's not that separate, not really, not anymore.
    Since AvX the Cosmic Turkey has pretty much belonged to the Avengers franchise. And Jean basically telling it to F-Off a couple of years ago...that's just the stamp on the relocation letter. It's the Avengers headache and tumor to worry about now.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's not that separate, not really, not anymore.
    Since AvX the Cosmic Turkey has pretty much belonged to the Avengers franchise. And Jean basically telling it to F-Off a couple of years ago...that's just the stamp on the relocation letter. It's the Avengers headache and tumor to worry about now.
    It started separate and even if it falls under Avengers, its still not Thor's.

It'll only be a matter of time before someone erases it. Especially when they depict the Phoenix as a manipulative dick

True.

I don't even see Donny Cates referencing that nonsense in his current Thor run...so it might as well be a non-issue, just Aaron pulling a "Slott" looking to stir up some nontroversy.

What's the fastest that a retcon has ever been undone? I know it's unlikely, but it would be hilarious if Cates immediately severs Thor's ties to the Phoenix in issue #15 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thor fans have my deepest and sincerest sympathies in these dark and troublesome days. You both did nothing to deserve this misfortune. I would not wish the fire albatross on my worst enemy for fear of them becoming useless and irrelevant.
    Thanks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    What's the fastest that a retcon has ever been undone? I know it's unlikely, but it would be hilarious if Cates immediately severs Thor's ties to the Phoenix in issue #15 or something.
    That would be awesome. He's hardly referenced anything happening in the avengers so hopefully he'll ignore it or retcon it. I'm remembering issue 1 he quickly did away with the destroyer arm and eye patch and said said that was Aarons Thor and he want to tell the story with HIS Thor, he can just ask quickly do away with this Phoenix mess.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    That would be awesome. He's hardly referenced anything happening in the avengers so hopefully he'll ignore it or retcon it. I'm remembering issue 1 he quickly did away with the destroyer arm and eye patch and said said that was Aarons Thor and he want to tell the story with HIS Thor, he can just ask quickly do away with this Phoenix mess.
    the thing is, he didn't retcon or even ignore anything.

he had Galactus healing Thor.

it would be a different case if Thor already had an arm and no eye patch in #1 without any explanation.

there are still things he has that Aaron created over the years (Odin retiring, Heven, Angela, Heimdall's death etc).

the latter 3 are just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    the thing is, he didn't retcon or even ignore anything.

he had Galactus healing Thor.

it would be a different case if Thor already had an arm and no eye patch in #1 without any explanation.

there are still things he has that Aaron created over the years (Odin retiring, Heven, Angela, Heimdall's death etc).

the latter 3 are just bad.
    I'm just trying to make sense of this nonsense lol.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I'm just trying to make sense of this nonsense lol.
    oh believe me, I hate this to the core.

wtf was the point of Gaea saving Thor from Celestials and telling him she is his true mother!?

how did Thor use her power during JMS run!?

it creates so many holes unless they pull the Gaea is Phoenix and Phoenix is Gaea.

Ultimate Member

So wait, the Phoenix is now Thor's mom??

How does this even work?

Like...how exactly does this even mesh with what's come before?

The Thor that should be the son of Odin and the Phoenix Force is Red Norvell Thor, not Odinson Thor (son of Odin and Gaia).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!