Page 157 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Oh well, forget what I just said. Bring back Monica it is then, or at least find a way to revive Space Nakia.
    I stopped paying attention a long time ago, what happened to space Nakia?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I stopped paying attention a long time ago, what happened to space Nakia?
    Blew herself up shutting down a gateway or something. Idk, saved the day sacrifice type of thing

THen they made a giant ass statue of her. For some reason lol. In the middle of war, they commissioned a statue.

and there was a speech

lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Who? Captain Sele?

LOL.

She's like two years older than this little sister. I don't think so.
    B,b,b,but she's wakandan. And T'Challa has no one for romance in his life right now. It's urgent. A few more panels and they'll be having crocopanther cubs. Or pantherdiles. Little dingoneks! Lol.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Blew herself up shutting down a gateway or something. Idk, saved the day sacrifice type of thing

THen they made a giant ass statue of her. For some reason lol. In the middle of war, they commissioned a statue.

and there was a speech

lol
    ...what?

I know you're being serious, but...

...what?

What's the point of space Nakia, killing one of T'Challa's few rogues, if not to have space Nakia around?

Again, what?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...what?

I know you're being serious, but...

...what?

What's the point of space Nakia, killing one of T'Challa's few rogues, if not to have space Nakia around?

Again, what?
    Now do you see why you stopped reading?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Now do you see why you stopped reading?
    Rest assured, I never questioned the decision

Who? Captain Sele?

LOL.

I assumed mu Shuri was atleast 22-23 years old? Which would make Dele 24-25, and I'm assuming T'Challa is about 30~?

and there was a speech

lol
    That the funny thing about it all. They are in the middle of a war, yet they commission a statue built of her... Which you would usually do after the war is won... But he gave a war speech to rally the troops... Who then went back to their hotels and waited for the war to resume... Like... How does that make any sense? Logically and from a storytelling standpoint? Like those pages are all types of frakked up because it's an illogical mess in sequence of events

Who? Captain Sele?

LOL.

She’s approved age ain’t but number especially in comics, right now it’s between It’s between her, QDJ, Asha & Okoye Wakandan wise. All of them younger BP but some gotta get the honor Stg. Redjack..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I assumed mu Shuri was atleast 22-23 years old? Which would make Dele 24-25, and I'm assuming T'Challa is about 30~?
    At least? At most current Shuri is 22 lol. She’s been soft de-aged by around half a decade IMO. Then they gave those years to Okoye so she can be early 30s and a peer to T’Challa. You can’t convince me that pre-Secret Wars Shuri would be hanging out with Ironheart and Ms. Marvel, there’s no way she’s anywhere near her mid or late 20s.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I got an even better paring for ya. Even better than Crocodile lady.

T'Challa/Princess Zanda
    I will accept this only if Zanda is turned in to Talia al Ghul without the craziness . If the marriage is going to be a story then I don't want a romance or a love interest - i want game of thrones-esque kind of marriage where it is building actual power than "power couple nonsense" lol I wouldn't even mind if the reason behind agreeing to the marriage being T'Challa thwarting Zanda's numerous attempts to assassinate Ororo (without T'Challa telling Storm) and closing that chapter by inviting her to the royal wedding.
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-25-2021 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Nothing stopping him from marrying a normal person.
    If Tchalla absolutely has to get married then it sadly would have to be storm again. There is just no way around it. A talented writer can make it work without outside interference from the X office but we know that can't happen. T'challa should only date and remain an eligible bachelor. Any new marriage will be easily overshadowed by his past one (They even have a kid thats appeared in the next avengers cartoon movie)... it's already too ingrained into the Mythos. Erasing storm from the Mythos is about as easy as erasing Shuri (both are Hudlin additions).

There is also something to be said about black relationships and making it work as opposed to Tchalla being on his second or third marriage. He really doesn't need to get married ever imo.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-25-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    If Tchalla absolutely has to get married then it sadly would have to be storm again. There is just no way around it. A talented writer can make it work without outside interference from the X office but we know that can't happen. T'challa should only date and remain an eligible bachelor. Any new marriage will be easily overshadowed by his past one (They even have a kid thats appeared in the next avengers cartoon movie)... it's already too ingrained into the Mythos. Erasing storm from the Mythos is about as easy as erasing Shuri (both are Hudlin additions).

There is also something to be said about black relationships and making it work as opposed to Tchalla being on his second or third marriage. He really doesn't need to get married ever imo.
    There’s a kernel of truth to this. From a marketing standpoint any woman that T’Challa marries is gonna be seen as a step down from Storm, who’s widely considered the best black female comic character. Hell one of the big talking points online coming out of Disney buying Fox was what was gonna happen to the MCU BP franchise, as many saw his marriage to Storm as a foregone conclusion. Storm has basically been his only prominent love interest of the 21st century and to this day it continues to be pushed in non-comic media. She was the first character we saw in the Fortnite tribute to Chadwick, she’s rumored to appear in BP2, etc. The two are also held up as Jay Z and Beyoncé in the pantheon of black fictional romances (as far as the action-adventure genre is concerned). It’s important to recognize though that this is how casuals perceive the pairing, most comic fans dislike or outright hate this couple and would prefer they stay apart.

But building up a love interest (to the point of marriage) able match the media machine and popular expectations of BP/Ororo is damn near impossible. The only woman that realistically could do it is Nakia as she’s known to millions due to the MCU. But the comic incarnation effectively being damaged goods due to the stories she’s appeared in makes it very hard to ever turn her into T’Challa’s Mera. Short of a reboot I don’t think we’re ever getting those characters together. That said, I do think T’Challa could have another significant love interest outside Storm, they probably just won’t ever be allowed to marry.

I think T’Challa and Storm/Nakia are too baked into the public consciousness for anyone but them to be his wife and neither of those characters are likely to get married to him in the comics. The comics and popular media are too synergized for Marvel to make such a massive change to T’Challa’s status quo (marriage and kids) without trying to integrate that development into other mediums. If Storm and Nakia aren’t available (one due to editorial the other due to controversial writing) then there’s no point to giving T’Challa a family, it’s easier to keep him a bachelor.

and there was a speech

lol
    Lmao just remembered that her death makes her conversations with Storm about NuNakia keeping T'Challa's bed warm until Storm feels like going back even more pointless. Why give them beef if she was going to die 2 issues later lol

Incredible Member

Tchalla will be fighting Wolverine next week Avengers#43