Page 346 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446846 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Black Panther 2 has an official title:

And the hype train begins!!!!!! Atleast we got a title now.
    I just need a villain and then they can chill until the teaser trailer.

Still holding out for Achebe as the minor Villain, Namor as the major villain and Doom as the behind the scenes dude pulling the strings.

A combo of The Client, Sturm und Drang and a tease for a version of Doomwar down the line would be my dream come true.
    Now that they have the Disney+ option I think the movies are going to be reserved for the big guns (Namor, Doom, Storm etc.).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    And yet, BP did NOT need Storm's "popularity" to become a GLOBAL CULTURAL PHENOMENON and highest selling box office superhero.

If Storm is so popular, why does she remain a glorified wall paper over at the X-Men?

BP made Storm a Queen, an international political powerhouse, an Avenger, a Fantastic Four and the reunited her with her dad's family who were located by BP.

With all that Storm was primed to be and should have become the leader of the xmen or at the very hold enough enough clout amongst mutantkind to make an at least an equal to Cyclops, Jean and Magneto instead the X-writers n editors adamantly refused focusing instead to hurl insults and abuses at Tchalla, Wakanda and the marriage......aaaand refused to use Storm recurringly in the X-Men except when to throw shade at BP.

The way I see it, it's Storm that benefited....it's painfully and factually one sided.

During the marriage was BP ever invited to the x-mansion?

And during that time I vaguely recall BP giving financial support to the X-Men.

What did BP get in return....X-Men Phoenix force flooding Wakanda....the X-Men have not even given a formal apology forthi tragedy.

BP benefited NOTHING from Storm.....NOTHING except hate and vitriol from X-fans, storm fans and the whole x-staff of writers n editors.
    Storm was the leader at one point, wasn't she? Idk how she's doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I will not get hyped,but dammit I'm kinda getting hyped ��
    I'll still probably see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    And the hype train begins!!!!!! Atleast we got a title now.
    I just need a villain and then they can chill until the teaser trailer.

Still holding out for Achebe as the minor Villain, Namor as the major villain and Doom as the behind the scenes dude pulling the strings.

A combo of The Client, Sturm und Drang and a tease for a version of Doomwar down the line would be my dream come true.
    Now that they have the Disney+ option I think the movies are going to be reserved for the big guns (Namor, Doom, Storm etc.).
    Would they really go forward with Sub-Mariner as the villain if he's also supposed to be a hero (supposedly)? Also, I doubt Storm will be connected to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    Exactly. No T'Challa, not interest. Here's a caveat. I can somewhat tolerate a BP2 movie with no T'Challa in it as long as he's still alive in the MCU, just on sabbatical/retirement/vision quest/establishing Galactic Empire of Wakanda or the like. If he has to die within universe, I am not interested.
    The only way I’ll accept T’Challa being killed off is if the movie is set during the blip.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Wow love the title
    Black Panther
    Wakanda Forever

May as well just take that out of the title. What a dumb name. Reminds of of that isht book we got with the same title, who knows maybe we will see cracked out Nakia here too after the disappearance of T'Challa.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-03-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Nice title but should've been called Marvel Studios: Wakanda Forever since no BP. Since there won't be any T'Challa not interested seeing his stories getting adapted without him.

Whatever, I'm happy for whoever this movie is supposed to be for, and hope they enjoy it, but I am not going to get hyped for anything about this, especially if they start taking T'Challas stories away from him and start just telling them as if they are "Wakandas" stories to tell and not his own. Funny how in that trailer they write in there we go to the movies to escape yet real life seemed to follow BP and now he is likely gone from the MCU unless the movie bombs

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Nice title but should've been called Marvel Studios: Wakanda Forever since no BP. Since there won't be any T'Challa not interested seeing his stories getting adapted without him.
    Nah man it's just like in the comics, gotta use the name to draw in the crowd. Just like BP and crew, just like WoW Wakanda forever, etc. I mean they can stand on their own and clearly don't need T'Challa... Buuut may as well use the title Black Panther anyways, maybe through some rumors around about T'Challas fate. Then completely do something stupid while claiming the whole time that it's to honor Chad
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-03-2021 at 07:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The only way I’ll accept T’Challa being killed off is if the movie is set during the blip.
    That doesn’t seem likely with that title tbh. They’re more than likely gonna have dude die offscreen before the movie starts. They can use the sand animations that explained the origins of Wakanda in the first film to explain how T’Challa died and use a CGI panther to bring him back for whatever emotional scene they try to do when Shuri goes to the Ancestral Plane.

At least that’s how I suspect things will go. There is the off chance they just have him missing or presumed dead when in reality he’s in the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda or just chilling with Bast preparing for the Incursions. But I don’t get that vibe as Wakanda Forever makes me feel the characters will be dealing with the death of their leader. But yea, the best bet is the film flopping and Disney going against a no recast. Or the current creative heads and supporting characters being phased out at the end of the trilogy so we get a fresh set of eyes to envision the world of Black Panther, with T’Challa as its rightful face. Unless of course, they plan to recast for BP3 anyway, which does not seem likely.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-03-2021 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That doesn’t seem likely with that title tbh.
    Agreed.

This title is, "T'challa's Gone but Wakanda Lives On Forever!"

A small part of me thought that as stuff came out, i'd eventually break and get excited.

But after each actor/actress interview, each rumor, and now this title... I'm actually getting push the opposite way. I am getting more and more hardened that there is no chance lol.

In fact, i watched the little video and each time I saw T'chadwick, I just thought, "so you can use Black Panther in promos but can't recast eh? Cool."

As an aside,

What I found more interesting was Captain Marvel's title... oddly taking her name out of the title completley. After the movie made a billion? That is odd.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess Marvel thought it could sell more by pitting both sides against one another.

Honestly, Idk if the whole marriage would be a good idea for the MCU. But then again, they could've led a hybrid Avengers/X-Men MCU team.

Seems to go against the whole "diversity" purpose of X-Men
    Ding ding ding ding!

Bingo!

Bullseye.

Agreed and co-signed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Same here, co-signed!

Black Panther
    WAKANDA FOREVER

pass

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Would they really go forward with Sub-Mariner as the villain if he's also supposed to be a hero (supposedly)? Also, I doubt Storm will be connected to this.
    I think he'll be an antagonist rather than a full fledged villain if they bring him in. Hence why I think there will be a Doom type figure driving the two nations (Wakanda and Atlantis) to war (Again: If they go that route). Not many nations can go head to head with Wakanda so I think either Atlantis or Latveria are the main options.

Storm is definitely not showing up in this movie. But if they decide to introduce the x-men in other movies/shows first, I'd bet money she'll show up in a Wakanda related story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yup, here here!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Agreed.

This title is, "T'challa's Gone but Wakanda Lives On Forever!"

A small part of me thought that as stuff came out, i'd eventually break and get excited.

But after each actor/actress interview, each rumor, and now this title... I'm actually getting push the opposite way. I am getting more and more hardened that there is no chance lol.

In fact, i watched the little video and each time I saw T'chadwick, I just thought, "so you can use Black Panther in promos but can't recast eh? Cool."

As an aside,

What I found more interesting was Captain Marvel's title... oddly taking her name out of the title completley. After the movie made a billion? That is odd.
    Yea like I said, there’s definitely more than one way they go about this, but it’s becoming clear to me T’Challa will probably die and either get brought back for BP3 (unlikely) or remain dead as long as the current creatives and cast stay onboard. It is what it is, just hope nothing leaks into the comics and that future writers realize they’re not the MCU. T’Challa is the main attraction as far as publication is concerned, for all the incompetence of Marvel editorial they should realize that.

I think it’s just straight up disrespectful to not have Captain Marvel’s name in the title. As a fan of the character I’m annoyed and hope they don’t turn the film into a glorified ensemble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Black Panther
    WAKANDA FOREVER

pass
    Yep.

Compare and contrast with the other upcoming Marvel flicks with subtitles, for instance:

Shang-Chi
    and the Legend of the Ten Rings