Page 234 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/late...ck-panther-25/

More delays to the final issue lol. I’m honestly starting to question if we’re getting a relaunch this year.
    Jeeezus man why? They ain't having him redo anything, we all know it's going to end in a whimper and Ots going to be ****. Just get it over with. This run is basically a mangled animal that marvel for some reason won't just end it's suffering

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Jeeezus man why? They ain't having him redo anything, we all know it's going to end in a whimper and Ots going to be ****. Just get it over with. This run is basically a mangled animal that marvel for some reason won't just end it's suffering
    'jwatson' pointed out that the comixology tpb solicit didn't line up with what was happening in the books. Maybe they're redoing it to get it to somewhat match. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    'jwatson' pointed out that the comixology tpb solicit didn't line up with what was happening in the books. Maybe they're redoing it to get it to somewhat match. lol
    Then they failed miserably because that solicit was for issues 19-25 lol. We are now coming to the final issue and. None of that has been established and it's safe to assume Coates istb going to stick the landing. If there is one thing he has consistently donee, it's rush his endings because he wasted all the previous issues not moving the plot until finally he has to "End " the arc. This is more of the same, maybe just getting more variants to boost sales artificially. I am more wondering why there has been no word about the new team. Unless we are about to get monkey pawed again
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 04-02-2021 at 12:18 PM.

More delays to the final issue lol. I’m honestly starting to question if we’re getting a relaunch this year.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 04-02-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You are asking the company that had ZERO issues offering 12 issue subscriptions to books like Children of the Atom & Champions while other ads had them as minis. Along with STILL promoting a New Warriors book in a storyline that is now over. Both on their website.

To redo something in an ad to match. You asking too much

No I think something else to the tune of SOMETHING that would "hurt" what few sales this book would get is coming out.

Batman #108 with a NEW person being introduced
    Black lead books-
    Green Lantern #2
    New Batman #2
    Mr Miracle 1
    Eve 1
    DC's Asian celebration book
    HEROES REBORN 1

That was going to be a DC whipping Marvel week.

May 13th

In term of black folks-GI Joe introduces a new black female.
    It now takes the place of Venom 200 in a week that aside from Joker and Batman Urban & Future State Gotham-Marvel would and should wipe the floor with everyone in terms of top books.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You are asking the company that had ZERO issues offering 12 issue subscriptions to books like Children of the Atom & Champions while other ads had them as minis. Along with STILL promoting a New Warriors book in a storyline that is now over. Both on their website.

To redo something in an ad to match. You asking too much

No I think something else to the tune of SOMETHING that would "hurt" what few sales this book would get is coming out.

Batman #108 with a NEW person being introduced
    Black lead books-
    Green Lantern #2
    New Batman #2
    Mr Miracle 1
    Eve 1
    DC's Asian celebration book
    HEROES REBORN 1

That was going to be a DC whipping Marvel week.

May 13th

In term of black folks-GI Joe introduces a new black female.
    It now takes the place of Venom 200 in a week that aside from Joker and Batman Urban & Future State Gotham-Marvel would and should wipe the floor with everyone in terms of top books.
    I'm just joking around about the article.

Mighty Member

Nooooooo! Profanity! Curses! Irreverent comments.

I'll rewatch Rangnorok. But nothing in the MCU unless it has Adam Warlock or the Real, 3000, Guardians. Hate what they did to Yondu. Hate!
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

I love the MCU

Just sad about a particular decision
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Swear to God if they delay the announcement for the next team... What the hell is going on?

I like him, Other History will be a classic if he can nail the ending. His Batman stuff has just been fine but DC is also over saturated with Batman so it’s hard to really judge his stuff without that overshadowing it. I’m hoping he writes Superman one day, I find his take on Supes fascinating and enjoyed his Blue & Red story. He’s one of those guys who loves deep dives into continuity so I’d be interested to see how he would approach T’Challa. And you wouldn’t have to worry about T’Challa getting sidelined for Storm, Ridley is very much about the black male experience with Jace, Jefferson, and Malcom. I’d pick up his first arc for sure.

Where’d you hear he’s doing Marvel work? It’s not surprising but I’m curious if an announcement was made.
    You’re right on the Batman stuff, the whole IP is oversaturated but even then I haven’t been hooked by Ridley’s stuff outside Other History. He has a strong eye for social commentary though but in organic ways that feel more character driven and relevant to the plot than the hamfisted way Coates does things. Definitely helps that he has a good grasp on internal dialogue, I do think he’d do fine on Superman.

I agree I’m not worried about him sidelining T’Challa for the Dora or whoever he’s sleeping with, I guess the question is does he truly “get” the character and know what makes him tick? I guess you never really know until he gets hold of the character but we’ve seen how that works out in the past lol. He’s apparently doing some work with Wolverine that’s supposed to come out in January and I’ve heard rumors on this site and in real life he may be looking to do more work with Marvel as a whole. Black Panther seemed like a possibility and I’m still a bit lukewarm on the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I really don't understand this notion some folk have that we are all going to see the movie anyway no matter how much we are dissatisfied with the product. Where did that type of thinking come from? And why would I?
    Oh that's easy. It's the completist mentality: "Real fans" have to buy every product cranked out, in order to "support the character".

Despite the fact that accepting inferior work means that Marvel/Disney/whomever has no motivation to improve, if the fans will buy it anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I love the MCU

Just sad about a particular decision
    I'm sort of bored with superheroes. My tastes have been running more to post-cyberpunk sci-fi lately, which is why I've been reading SWORD.

There are only so many third act Epic Battles™ a person can watch.

You’re right on the Batman stuff, the whole IP is oversaturated but even then I haven’t been hooked by Ridley’s stuff outside Other History. He has a strong eye for social commentary though but in organic ways that feel more character driven and relevant to the plot than the hamfisted way Coates does things. Definitely helps that he has a good grasp on internal dialogue, I do think he’d do fine on Superman.

I agree I’m not worried about him sidelining T’Challa for the Dora or whoever he’s sleeping with, I guess the question is does he truly “get” the character and know what makes him tick? I guess you never really know until he gets hold of the character but we’ve seen how that works out in the past lol. He’s apparently doing some work with Wolverine that’s supposed to come out in January and I’ve heard rumors on this site and in real life he may be looking to do more work with Marvel as a whole. Black Panther seemed like a possibility and I’m still a bit lukewarm on the idea.
    I think one big drawback to his Second Son mini is it’s taking forever to see Jace suit up. Miller told Bruce’s origin in 4 issues and that’s more or less been the gold standard ever since, and Second Son isn’t on the same level (although to be fair what is?). Still with Black Panther Ridley would get to dive into an already established world and play around with it, whereas with Jace he’s basically having to build a mythology from scratch, since Jace doesn’t have the history with the Gotham Rogues that other Batman heirs like Dick or Damian do. I’m still enjoying his work and I’d try out his Black Panther, but I get why you might be hesitant. He’s very similar to Coates in that he uses superheroes to make commentary (but I think The Other History is amazing where Coates is just ok at best and boring at worst), whereas the mood I get here is people just want a Black Panther run that’s kickass and fun and not mired in “but like, what does Black Panther mean, bro?” metastorytelling which I can totally empathize with as a BP fan and a Superman fan .

The other black writer at DC who I think has the makings of a superstar is Brandon Thomas. Have you read any of his stuff? His DC work has been excellent, really enjoyed his Future State Outsiders & Aquaman stories. He’s writing Hardware for Milestone, and he writes Excellence with Khary Randolph for Image/Skybound. He is someone who knows how to do big fun superhero stories chalked full of worldbuilding and excitement. DC needs to give him more work, but if they don’t then Marvel should definitely scoop him up for Black Panther.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-02-2021 at 10:33 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm sort of bored with superheroes. My tastes have been running more to post-cyberpunk sci-fi lately, which is why I've been reading SWORD.

Been since Spider Man two!

First action scene in Fal/WS was like getting re-introduced to drugs. I needed that ****, inject it into my veins!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

I'm bored of live action super hero movies (well not of BP) and I wouldn't mind animated BP movie or series. If they are getting rid of T'Challa on the MCU, then atleast get a animated (a good high Budget one) series going to where we can see T'Challa let loose with stuff that's hard to translate into live action. I want to see nyami motherships, prowlers, hand of bast, sheathes EVERYTHING. stuff like MHA, one punch man, those types of superhero stuff is entertaining and I think BP (or American comics as a whole) could benefit from taking some ideas from their manga counterparts

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think one big drawback to his Second Son mini is it’s taking forever to see Jace suit up. Miller told Bruce’s origin in 4 issues and that’s more or less been the gold standard ever since, and Second Son isn’t on the same level (although to be fair what is?). Still with Black Panther Ridley would get to dive into an already established world and play around with it, whereas with Jace he’s basically having to build a mythology from scratch, since Jace doesn’t have the history with the Gotham Rogues that other Batman heirs like Dick or Damian do. I’m still enjoying his work and I’d try out his Black Panther, but I get why you might be hesitant. He’s very similar to Coates in that he uses superheroes to make commentary (but I think The Other History is amazing where Coates is just ok at best and boring at worst), whereas the mood I get here is people just want a Black Panther run that’s kickass and fun and not mired in “but like, what does Black Panther mean, bro?” metastorytelling which I can totally empathize with as a BP fan and a Superman fan .

The other black writer at DC who I think has the makings of a superstar is Brandon Thomas. Have you read any of his stuff? His DC work has been excellent, really enjoyed his Future State Outsiders & Aquaman stories. He’s writing Hardware for Milestone, and he writes Excellence with Khary Randolph for Image/Skybound. He is someone who knows how to do big fun superhero stories chalked full of worldbuilding and excitement. DC needs to give him more work, but if they don’t then Marvel should definitely scoop him up for Black Panther.
    Well not exactly to the bolded. It's more so Coates is just boring and cannot out together a cohesive, well written, character driven plot and lacks the ability to pace or elevate the character and in the VERY rare times he does (a broken clock is right twice a day) he still can't help but take a dig at T'Challa, or have him share the feat somehow, and then next issue it's right back to bullisht.

Read Geoffrey Thorne aka Redjacks Black Panther king in black. He answers that question easily while showing not only what does it mean, but who he is, why he is the way he is, all the while showing kickass action, elevating the character and his supporting cast without chumping anyone, and why Wakanda needs it's king and BP.

BP fans don't want just mindless action, we want someone who knows how to weave all the intricacies of T'Challas world into a great series.