Page 50 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Kurt Busiek's Power Company. It's a team book, so it didn't get a LOT of focus, but Josiah's orientation was neither overdone nor ignored. It was just part of his characterization
    Ahhh, okay. Thanks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Between the two Lupita. But my dilemma is the choice between Florence Kasumba or Angela Bassett.
    I think Lupita is prettier and has the better ass. However, Kasumba...jeez, I'll never forget when she walked up to and flexed on Black Widow. That strut, that badass line and that booty...jeez! That being said all these women are beautiful. Also check out Kasumba in Das Vermachtnis der Wanderhure. You won't regret it.

Regarding love interests.

As a superhero, it’s not as important, but still makes for more interesting storytelling.

As king, unless you make him un-killable, he must be in pursuit of a queen and heirs. This goes for Namor, Thor, Doom and any other character that holds that position in a kingdom.

In any Black Panther arc, I’d include a C-storyline running throughout, with T’Challa courting potential lady suitors. These potentials would be chosen by Ramonda and her Council, vetted by others closest to T’Challa (including Shuri), and ultimately approved by him.

Obviously characters too tied to other kingdoms (read: chained to other franchises), would be quickly rejected as potential Queen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I think Lupita is prettier and has the better ass. However, Kasumba...jeez, I'll never forget when she walked up to and flexed on Black Widow. That strut, that badass line and that booty...jeez! That being said all these women are beautiful. Also check out Kasumba in Das Vermachtnis der Wanderhure. You won't regret it.
    I'll do that. I recognized her in the movie from her playing one of three Fate like judges in a geek/nerd reality show competition. Don't remember the name of the show, though. They rolled giant 20 siders down a hill, though. And yes, that flex on the Widow.
    "Move or be moved.".......She moved me.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post

As a superhero, it’s not as important, but still makes for more interesting storytelling.

As king, unless you make him un-killable, he must be in pursuit of a queen and heirs. This goes for Namor, Thor, Doom and any other character that holds that position in a kingdom.

In any Black Panther arc, I’d include a C-storyline running throughout, with T’Challa courting potential lady suitors. These potentials would be chosen by Ramonda and her Council, vetted by others closest to T’Challa (including Shuri), and ultimately approved by him.

Obviously characters too tied to other kingdoms (read: chained to other franchises), would be quickly rejected as potential Queen.

That's my only dog in this fight, the bolded. lol But your idea is fine, Redjack's is fine, just...as long as she's not from another franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post

I would want T'Challa to pursue a LI on his own either actively or while on missions, or even have someone in his council potentially become a LI naturally (kinda like how nu-nakia was being geared to be before it got torpedoed)
    T'Challa having someone chosen I feel wouldn't be What he would like. Hell we already saw that once then Storm showed up (which was stupid but still)

Astonishing Member

At the very least, if your going to go for someone from another franchise, make sure it’s one that A) from the same end of the editorial pool, B) doesn’t have an editor who outranks your own and C) doesn’t have writers/fans who rage at the main marvel using anything of theirs (while gleefully doing the opposite when it’s them)

Eg, didn’t someone try to set T’Challa up with one of Shang-Chi’s sisters before he got with Storm? (As an example only)
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 01-24-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    At the very least, if your going to go for someone from another franchise, make sure it’s one that A) from the same end of the editorial pool, B) doesn’t have an editor who outranks your own and C) doesn’t have writers/fans who rage at the main marvel using anything of theirs (while gleefully doing the opposite when it’s them)

Eg, didn’t someone try to set T’Challa up with one of Shang-Chi’s sisters before he got with Storm? (As an example only)
    That was during Hudlin's run.

Her own father tried to set her up in an arranged marriage with T'Challa.

While I understand why he did it, Hudlin should of had T'Challa marry Monica Rambeau. Less problematic fan base, ontop of likely More creative freedom without constant frakkery, and they would be a even stronger power couple while possibly being still married

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah there's that too. I think the Best portrayal of a black man as gay is Captain Raymond Holt from Brooklyn nine nine.

But i still see a thing that comes up is, even gay black men, they are still in interracial relationships. Like no matter what, a black man, straight or gay, is apparently not allowed to be with another Black person. It's strange as frak
    Like ABC's The Rookie. Titus Makin (who seems to only exist on that show as the gay black son of a police chief that is a f up. Because most reviewers for that show only mention those tow aspects of him) had a black boyfriend in season one barely seen. Season 2 got a famous white one and was made fun of for it.

Outside of Designated Survivor, Noah's Arc and actual LGBT web shows like About Him-I can't think of any shows that have black male lovers. Is there some new rule that we don't know about?

And I think you can have a love interest for Panther from another franchise (NOT X-Men). There has to be some dead franchise with a black woman that can be taken. Like New Universe-like Friction I mean Blur survived why couldn't some others. Or Wildstreak?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Like ABC's The Rookie. Titus Makin (who seems to only exist on that show as the gay black son of a police chief that is a f up. Because most reviewers for that show only mention those tow aspects of him) had a black boyfriend in season one barely seen. Season 2 got a famous white one and was made fun of for it.

Outside of Designated Survivor, Noah's Arc and actual LGBT web shows like About Him-I can't think of any shows that have black male lovers. Is there some new rule that we don't know about?

And I think you can have a love interest for Panther from another franchise (NOT X-Men). There has to be some dead franchise with a black woman that can be taken. Like New Universe-like Friction I mean Blur survived why couldn't some others. Or Wildstreak?
    POWER: BOOK II: GHOST has a mainstream, main cast, black gay character who is in no way played as a joke or a stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

We can barely get heterosexual Black couples in media let alone any non-stereotypical portrayals of anykind of Black relationshp(i.e. sitcoms, Tyler Perry movies, Real Housewives). There's a better chance you'll see an alien couple in a better relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    POWER: BOOK II: GHOST has a mainstream, main cast, black gay character who is in no way played as a joke or a stereotype.
    Same with Tutuola's(Ice-T) son on Law And Order: SVU. He's not a main cast member but he's not portrayed as stereotypical.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    While I understand why he did it, Hudlin should of had T'Challa marry Monica Rambeau. Less problematic fan base, ontop of likely More creative freedom without constant frakkery, and they would be a even stronger power couple while possibly being still married
    If Hudlin married T'Challa and Monica Rambeau there's a very good chance they would've still been married to this day. Storm and T'Challa got broken up over the movies and because the X-office apparently wanted their toy back. That would've never been an issue with Monica which lends itself to a lot more stability. As stable as a superhero romance can be at least lol. That said, Monica has always been C-D list and would've never generated the hype and media attention that Storm did, who was at the time more popular than T'Challa.

But long term Monica made more sense for the reasons you said. She had a less vocal, aggressive fanbase in large part because she wasn't particularly popular or essential to any franchise. And she was 100% owned by and created by the Avengers office so you didn't have any significant constraints on her use or on the types of stories you could tell. They'd be an Avengers power couple in the way Scarlet Witch and Vision are. Less high profile than a cross franchise pairing with Marvel's most popular black female hero but still commendable and relevant. In hindsight Monica is an infinitely better superhero love interest for T'Challa, even if that's not necessarily what I'd want now.