Page 620 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 120520570610616617618619620621622623624630670720 ... LastLast
Results 9,286 to 9,300 of 15079

BLACK PANTHER #3

JOHN RIDLEY (W) • JUANN CABAL (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE • MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER BY JOE JUSKO
    T’CHALLA VS. THE X-MEN OF MARS!
    With assassins closing in and Wakanda’s faith in him shaken, T’Challa goes to visit Storm on the newly terraformed Mars. But this will not be a happy reunion, as T’Challa has ulterior motives for his visit. And back home, Shuri discovers who is behind the attacks on Wakanda’s secret agents, a revelation that will change everything…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    B6337A07-2077-4EEA-8998-06F67AD58C5C.jpg

Welp. Hopefully Ridley handles this better than the former guy would have. Could be interesting considering he’s a space emperor now.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 07-22-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, I didn't see that coming.

Wonder if he will be white or not
    Ive also thought hunter should be Latin or Hispanic

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if they changed him to being biracial. Lmao.
    They could do that or make him albino, which is probably what they should've done in the first place.

In other news, solicits for BP #3:

Attachment 111725

BLACK PANTHER #3
    JOHN RIDLEY (W) • JUANN CABAL (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE • MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER BY JOE JUSKO
    T'CHALLA VS. THE X-MEN OF MARS!
    With assassins closing in and Wakanda's faith in him shaken, T'Challa goes to visit Storm on the newly terraformed Mars. But this will not be a happy reunion, as T'Challa has ulterior motives for his visit. And back home, Shuri discovers who is behind the attacks on Wakanda's secret agents, a revelation that will change everything…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Sigh, this ship won't ever die will it?

Welp. Hopefully Ridley handles this better than the former guy would have. Could be interesting considering he’s a space emperor now.
    Don't know how to feel but I'll wait and see. A little tired of Wakandan faith in T'Challa being shaken but we will see how it's handled.
    T'Challa better embarrass these X-men of mars.
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-22-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Welp. Hopefully Ridley handles this better than the former guy would have.
    I could be wrong but this basically confirms Storm as the love interest if the initial interview is to be believed since Ridley said it was a love story. But a love story doesn't necessarily need to have a happy ending lol.

The tagline is T'Challa vs X-Men so maybe we do see him double down on what seems to be a more hard-edged version of the character, which is suggested in the solicits. Maybe we get a reverse of X of Swords. T'Challa stealing Krakoan tech/information to save his people?

Still, very unhappy that we're going back to this played out story beat with T'Challa and Storm literally right after the X-Office went out of their way to torch the bridges between the two. It's embarrassing how BP writers are constantly trying to play up the dynamic these too have despite it not being supported by many fans and the diminishing returns of their reunions.

I really didn't want this again but I agree and hope that Ridley handles this better.

I've had enough of T'Challa be played, humbled, scolded and everything else. Let's do better Ridley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Don't know how to feel but I'll wait and see. A little tired of Wakandan faith in T'Challa being shaken but we will see how it's handled.
    T'Challa better embarrass these X-men of mars.
    I'm with you. Enough of the shenanigans. Let the real T'Challa step forth.

Ulterior motives makes me hopeful
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This better be revenge for that bullshit x of swords issue. It’s high time ororo knows what it’s like to be played.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Shuri figuring out who is behind it instead of T'challa makes me unhopeful lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I really didn't want this again but I agree and hope that Ridley handles this better.

I've had enough of T'Challa be played, humbled, scolded and everything else. Let's do better Ridley.
    That's really the only circumstance where I can see myself continuing to read the book. If this is T'Challa pulling a Marauders #13 on Storm, stealing something valuable from Krakoa or whatever for his mission then cool. It plays similarly to how Thorne used her in the KIB tie-in, she's supplemental to his story and a representation of how he puts Wakanda before himself and any woman in his life.

But if this is T'Challa crying and begging Storm to take him back or putting himself in a politically volatile position just to be with her I'll seriously consider dropping the run. That type of **** should stay with the failed Coates run. We need a T'Challa that's proactive, self-sacrificial, and focused.

Shuri figuring out who is behind it instead of T'challa makes me unhopeful lol

I hope it’s Achebe. It’s been a while since we’ve last seen him.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Booty call.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That's really the only circumstance where I can see myself continuing to read the book. If this is T'Challa pulling a Marauders #13 on Storm, stealing something valuable from Krakoa or whatever for his mission then cool. It plays similarly to how Thorne used her in the KIB tie-in, she's supplemental to his story and a representation of how he puts Wakanda before himself and any woman in his life.

But if this is T'Challa crying and begging Storm to take him back or putting himself in a politically volatile position just to be with her I'll seriously consider dropping the run. That type of **** should stay with the failed Coates run. We need a T'Challa that's proactive, self-sacrificial, and focused.
    Oh, I will be done paying in a heartbeat.

I ain't paying anymore money for that garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

The best thing that could happen is that one of the Arakki or mutants on Mars is one of T'Challa's sleeper agents. That would be coldly delightful