Page 623 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If this happens it will probably be done in a way that makes T'Challa look bad and Storm the victim just like how every time their failed relationship gets brought up it's T'Challa's fault that it didn't work out.
    I could see it being different this time. I don't think it benefits T'Challa getting punked like that and Ridley doesn't appear to be that type. Marvel saw how shitty Coates run was with constant beat down T'Challa. They are going for a palate cleanse and I feel it's too early for any type of bullshittery to take place

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    "Hey guys, check out this post by Klaue's Mixtape!"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

So let’s say a Black Panther video game is green lit after this expansion. What villains could you guys see taking center stage. This is what I’d do if I were in charge.

1st game: Achebe (with Moses Magnum as hired muscle)

2nd game: Baron Macabre. This game would introduce T’Challas kotd powers so he can level the playing field as Macabre would be a full on Necromancer in this version.

3rd game: Killmonger
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I gave Coates a shot, despite some initial misgivings. We all saw how well that worked out.

I'm much more cynical now.
    To be fair, Coates from the drop showed his disdain for T'Challa way early on in interviews and the first 4 interviews were all about what he didn't like about T'Challa and his world.

Ridley at the very least from the get go has expressed he likes T'Challa.

At this point I will give it a chance. What do I have to lose? But so far the solicits haven't really made me lose hope yet. The simple fact that it's not a happy reunion with Storm and T'Challa has an ulterior motive. So like the you have said about the MCU, I will wait and see what we get with previews or first issue

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So let’s say a Black Panther video game is green lit after this expansion. What villains could you guys see taking center stage. This is what I’d do if I were in charge.

2nd game: Baron Macabre. This game would introduce T’Challas kotd powers so he can level the playing field as Macabre would be a full on Necromancer in this version.

All of those are good and interesting enough to hold a full through line.

Off the top of my dome -
    1. A retooled Supremacists financed by Ulysses Klaue who has access to an underground Wakandan network tied to Achebe.
    2. A reborn Moses Magnum equipped with mutant agents, sent by Apocalypse.
    3. Disruptive Spy Cells led by Malice, financed by Thomas Fireheart aka Puma.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Sounds good so far. I'd have Moses Magnum supplying arms to all kinds of bad actors wanting to destabilize Wakanda or get at T'Challa personally, for varying motives and reasons, some of course being white supremacists who can't stand an unconquered, uncolonized African country having the most advanced tech on the planet and wanting to take it for themselves while also looting the country of any other valuables and massacring and/or subjugating everyone in their path, some being neighboring rivals who want to take down what they perceive as the main competition for regional power, some who may be out for personal revenge on T'Challa (which may also be revenge on his late father T'Chaka by proxy). The most challenging part will be proving that those arms came from Magnum himself and outing him as a criminal trying to throw the world into chaos (on behalf of Achebe), given that he'll have considerable ties and backing, geopolitically speaking and in terms of international business, as a respected man of industry.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post

Off the top of my dome -
    1. A retooled Supremacists financed by Ulysses Klaue who has access to an underground Wakandan network tied to Achebe.
    Speaking of the supremacists, how would they be retooled? Especially since apartheid is no longer a thing.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post

Off the top of my dome -
    I was confused about Puma at first, but then I remembered he started as a villain.

Speaking of the supremacists, how would they be retooled? Especially since apartheid is no longer a thing.
    That's a good question, but I'd say the Supremacists could be retooled as a white supremacist militia that gets (or is supplied) advanced weapons tech, intending on using those weapons to destroy Wakanda, as they perceive it to be the ultimate affront to their entire belief system and ideology. If the Supremacists are supplied, the suppliers could turn out to be Western power brokers, whether with specific US ties or not, intending to use them as plausibly deniable pawns to undermine and destabilize Wakanda so they can gain access to Wakandan vibranium.

Not bad but honestly you should have those as the “main” bad guys, and then use all of BP’s lesser known Rogues as well, just like how the Arkham or Spider-Man games use their Rogues. It’s a good way of building up awareness of T’Challa’s Rogues.
    Racism still is alas, as is predatory capitalism. Could easily retrofit them as corporate “heroes” who work for Roxxon or whatever and help the company exploit Africa by protecting its “investments”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not bad but honestly you should have those as the “main” bad guys, and then use all of BP’s lesser known Rogues as well, just like how the Arkham or Spider-Man games use their Rogues. It’s a good way of building up awareness of T’Challa’s Rogues.

Racism still is alas, as is predatory capitalism. Could easily retrofit them as corporate “heroes” who work for Roxxon or whatever and help the company exploit Africa by protecting its “investments”.
    That's a good idea, too. A great one, even.

Can they even? Aren't they toed up on legal issues like maliaka?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I was confused about Puma at first, but then I remembered he started as a villain.

That's a good question, but I'd say the Supremacists could be retooled as a white supremacist militia that gets (or is supplied) advanced weapons tech, intending on using those weapons to destroy Wakanda, as they perceive it to be the ultimate affront to their entire belief system and ideology. If the Supremacists are supplied, the suppliers could turn out to be Western power brokers, whether with specific US ties or not, intending to use them as plausibly deniable pawns to undermine and destabilize Wakanda so they can gain access to Wakandan vibranium.
    They should be super powered. T'Challa needs more villains that aren't so reliant on tech and can actually throw down with their own powers. Tetu was basically the only recent villain who had potential to be a very powerful rogue, but he was wasted. T'Challa needs villains who, on paper, and vastly Stronger than he is

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We can't get a consistent BP book because of MARVEL.

We did not hire Coates and his gang.
    We did not allow another franchise to throw shade at Panther for the last 11 years.
    We did allow store owners and others to scream books starring black folks are not welcomed in our stores.
    It is not our fault Black Panther is not about a white guy adopted by a black king and took over.
    It is not us saying Black Panther owes everything to X-Men-that he had nothing without them.

Now we know how Wanda fans feel.
    Oh yeah hahha

Sometimes seems like the more we want to get away from x-men books, more involved we get. I just hope Black Panther will be more lucky and not X-men lap dog.
    Tchalla has to be dangerous and very resourceful

Incredible Member

Storm will always be a part of Black Panther mythos its beyond silly to still complain about that.