Page 263 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363763 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    As much as I want to see T'Challa continue in the MCU, I fear it's too late. The studio has made up its mind
    Yup.

Already re-did the script and everything.

Only way any "recast" fans have a chance is if they moved the movie between the 5 year gap. If it is set in the present, the jig is up.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

As much as I want to see T'Challa continue in the MCU, I fear it's too late. The studio has made up its mind
    It's less about what's going to happen in this next movie and more about what's going to happen for the foreseeable future. If they don't hear fans speaking up about the character then the character stops in 2018 forever with Chadwick Boseman and wakandas new story (likely in all meadia at some point) becomes a fanfic made official about Super tech genius Shuri (or reformed hood Killmonger) "honoring" the fallen king of wakanda by adopting all of his stories and appearances going forward

Depending on the money involved...Studios never make up their mind. Look at the DCU
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-14-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Glad to see the petition is gaining traction. It won’t change things overnight but it at least shows that people want to see T’Challas story continue.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    It's less about what's going to happen in this next movie and more about what's going to happen for the foreseeable future. If they don't hear fans speaking up about the character then the character stops in 2018 forever with Chadwick Boseman and wakandas new story (likely in all meadia at some point) becomes a fanfic made official about Super tech genius Shuri (or reformed hood Killmonger) "honoring" the fallen king of wakanda

Depending on the money involved...Studios never make up their mind. Look at the DCU
    I seriously doubt he'd get killed off in other media forever. One thing comic books seem to avoid doing is letting characters actually age and retire

Amazing Member

Just put T'Challa in 'movie limbo' for awhile, but let him stay alive. Shoot, between 1986-1992, Luke Cage didn't appear in any comics, except for a photo I think. He was left alive. Lady Sif is alive allegedly somewhere in the MCU and hasn't been seen since 'Thor:The Dark World' I think. Not that she's in T'Challa's league popularity-wise, but the precedent to have a character just "out there", but still alive exists.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Glad to see the petition is gaining traction. It won’t change things overnight but it at least shows that people want to see T’Challas story continue.
    Yes sir! That's the only point of a petition
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-14-2021 at 11:32 AM.

I seriously doubt he'd get killed off in other media forever. One thing comic books seem to avoid doing is letting characters actually age and retire
    They are already starting to kill him off in video games. If Disney makes a mandate then all things eventually follow since they dont seem to allow for much creative freedom. The MCU is driving almost everything
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-14-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    Just put T'Challa in 'movie limbo' for awhile, but let him stay alive. Shoot, between 1986-1992, Luke Cage didn't appear in any comics, except for a photo I think. He was left alive. Lady Sif is alive allegedly somewhere in the MCU and hasn't been seen since 'Thor:The Dark World' I think. Not that she's in T'Challa's league popularity-wise, but the precedent to have a character just "out there", but still alive exists.
    Yeah, that can't work with T'Challa. Sif and Cage dont even come close in terms of popularity, IP status and profitability. It's crazy to throw into limbo the character that has the highest grossing solo superhero film of all time.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Yeah, that can't work with T'Challa. Sif and Cage dont even come close in terms of popularity, IP status and profitability. It's crazy to throw into limbo the character that has the highest grossing solo superhero film of all time.
    I would rather that than killing him off in the MCU universe. It's so simple, just have him marry Nakia and do what Harry and Meghan did. Or have him in space setting up the Galactic Empire of Wakanda. The attack from Thanos and forces really got to him and he feels that with no Stark, the best one left to fortify Wakanda and Earth, and the rest of the galaxy's defense is him. Bring him back in Avengers 5 played by a new actor.

I would rather that than killing him off in the MCU universe. It's so simple, just have him marry Nakia and do what Harry and Meghan did. Or have him in space setting up the Galactic Empire of Wakanda. The attack from Thanos and forces really got to him and he feels that with no Stark, the best one left to fortify Wakanda and Earth, and the rest of the galaxy's defense is him. Bring him back in Avengers 5 played by a new actor.
    Can't marry him off because that removes Nakia and shes the bigges "star" left in the franchise.

Cant advance to the space empire because none of it has been set up and this MCU version of Tchalla isnt on that level interms of development or intellect. It would be a handwave.

There are really no good options to remove him from his franchise after one solo without it looking contrived within the storytelling.
    The only thing that I can think of is to say that the t'challa that stepped out of the portal during Infinity Wars was a skrull and the real t'challa never came back (or was abducted)
    But that might be seen as distasteful to Chad by some. (Also completely kills a see wakanda and die story)
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-14-2021 at 12:02 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Can't marry him off because that removes Nakia and shes the bigges "star" left in the franchise.

Cant advance to tge space empire because none of it has been set up and this MCU versiin of Tchalla isnt in that level. It would be a handwave.

There are really no good options to remove him from his franchise after one solo without it looking contrived within the storytelling.
    The only thing that I can think of is to say that the t'challa that stepped out of the portal during Infinity Wars what's a skrull and the real t'challa never came back (or was abducted)
    But that might be seen as distasteful to Chad by some. (Also completely kills a see wakanda and die story)

Not establishing him as an intellectual genius was stupid af.

Not establishing him as an intellectual genius was stupid af.
    Its slightly implied lol but thats what happens when ppl who dont "understand the value of the character" get to create for his world. Sucks we didn't get to see whether or not Coogler would have fixed that
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-14-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You got Falcon, finally getting some development. He's a good ol American and a good dude!

Maybe Rhodey will get some backstory in his TV show ensemble. Maybe.

Looks like Blade will be American again, I wonder if he will still be the son of a prostitute though.

After that you got... ummm... free Luke Cage lol?
    All your average joes because didn't you know all black american mean are struggling. Obama was never president, we don't run companies, we aren't scientist, we are all street smart and struggling. It's just a hot mess.

I look at his way, despite how you feel about what Bill cosby did the same people who don't want a Tchalla recast are the same people that don't want the cosby family on the air. Why when it come to a positive black image people just assume black people can't seperate fact and fiction but some of these white pedophile shows and movies still on and running.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Anyone that can tell me if there are prevelant
    African science fiction themes or folk lore similar to how

Asians have dragons, samurai, ninjas, ect

Any ghost warriors or mythical weapons/creatures?